Not a happy camper

• when I was at Maggie Valley I got some seats installed and when they install them they scratched up the inside of my slingshot. And then I got dual exhaust put on and it's touching the inside of the transmission tunnel making it very hot I'm concerned that it is going to melt. :/ It is also touching up in front and laying on the frame underneath should I be concerned or is this just to be expected and nothing to worry about?

• I guess I would share the same concerns, first contact the vendors involved for their response and resolution. I have to believe they want satisfied customers.

No worries here - I couldn't be happier with my "cooler than everybody else" hood buttons :thumbsup:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I cannot offer ideas on the seat issue. But if the exhaust is a Welter one, and if you have any ability to use a wrench, it can be very easily adjusted to get it away from whatever is too close.

• I think it would have been easier to get it too fit better before everything was tightened down. The exhaust pipes don't like to slide around now. Don't get me wrong I love the way it looks and I love the way it sounds I am just concerned I'm going to have heat issues

• I think it would have been easier to get it too fit better before everything was tightened down. The exhaust pipes don't like to slide around now. Don't get me wrong I love the way it looks and I love the way it sounds I am just concerned I'm going to have heat issues

Did you loosen everything up?
    Start from the three bolts on the manifold, loosen all the clamps, then start from the front. Move it around then snug it up to hold it still while working aft. Once you are done tweeking go back and tighten everything down.
    If you already did this then give Welter a call.
    Sorry if you already tried it this way, just posting for other who might be having similar issues.

One thing to remember, by introducing the exhaust pipe to the tranny tunnel, you have essentially transferred an additional heat source to that area as well. Where once the heat generated by the muffler /exhaust was contained and dispersed around the passenger firewall, it is now concentrated in the tunnel. Stationary radiant heat in that area is a real challenge to defeat. You could try wrapping the exposed piping in a heat shield for "some" relief. There is also heat shield material out there that can be used to line the tunnel area.
    I have the dual welter exhaust, and couldn't be happier with my choice. At first, it took some getting used to, because of the addition heat. I guess you could say I just got used to it. Either way, the heat is really not an issue anymore. It is a pretty welcome addition on those extremely cold rides, though!!!! :thumbsup: