Laminated wiring diagrams

• @STYLN think of the substrate your going to use and throw a "fifty units" price out. If it's profitable at $15-20, I think you'll get a lot of interest. Post the interest question on the "what I did today" thread with a link to your page or this page. Its seems to be the most watched thread. Beyond $20 I start getting to the, "do I really need it, how often will I use it" thinking. $20 and below falls into the "it would be good to have" thought process. ;)

I would be in for that.

• @STYLN think of the substrate your going to use and throw a "fifty units" price out. If it's profitable at $15-20, I think you'll get a lot of interest. Post the interest question on the "what I did today" thread with a link to your page or this page. Its seems to be the most watched thread. Beyond $20 I start getting to the, "do I really need it, how often will I use it" thinking. $20 and below falls into the "it would be good to have" thought process. ;)

Thats a great jump off point! Thanks buddy. The next question is that there are several "wiring diagrams" on the disc (I think @jaycanter sent me at least 7) for different model years. Would it be safe to say that if I did just the 2015 that it will cover 16-17 or has enough changed in 2 years that each would need their own?

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Thats a great jump off point! Thanks buddy. The next question is that there are several "wiring diagrams" on the disc (I think @jaycanter sent me at least 7) for different model years. Would it be safe to say that if I did just the 2015 that it will cover 16-17 or has enough changed in 2 years that each would need their own?

That is something @TheRock, @kenny_h, @rabtech, @Noel Hughes, @Turbosling or @FixMyToysZach could answer better.

I would be in for that. On the 2015

• OK, We need to change the item that y'all are talking about to some other name... I dont want to know that y'all are doing anything that could be construed as copyright infringement. Now if y'all are talking about laminated baseball cards with diagrams of winning plays then that would be much better. Honestly if y'all would just do this in the form of private messages i would feel a little better. Polaris is very familiar with the site. And their attorneys have my mailing address. So I really don't want to give them a reason to send me another letter...... :D

• OK, We need to change the item that y'all are talking about to some other name... I dont want to know that y'all are doing anything that could be construed as copyright infringement. Now if y'all are talking about laminated baseball cards with diagrams of winning plays then that would be much better. Honestly if y'all would just do this in the form of private messages i would feel a little better. Polaris is very familiar with the site. And their attorneys have my mailing address. So I really don't want to give them a reason to send me another letter...... :D

@rabtech these are wiring diagrams created by a few members who have traced the wires out on their own, not anything that is copyrighted...

;)

• First things first...if you look at the example of the VW wiring diagram...somebody redrew the entire thing with colored lines... Now if you just take the Polaris diagram and colorized it..you could be violating copyright law...if you redraw the entire thing and make some subtle changes then it's yours...

Second, much of the colorization needs to be two colors...can your program do say a green wire with a pink stripe. Or black and white dashes ...look at the VW one closely...

Third, if the different years have some changes...such as a wire use changed color...or another wire away added or a different switch or relay or whatever changed year to year, Some picture in picture additions could be included...or just make one for each year with the appropriate changes.

This is going to be time consuming to make sure they are correct because you don't want to make a bunch and laminate them if they aren't correct.

• First off, I'm well aware of Polaris and their "Love Letters" sent by their lawyers! Nothing here would infringe on any schematics used by Polaris and their copyrighted "Shop manual". I plan on creating my own using their diagram as a guide. (Which is what its intended for anyways)

To answer @Bigdog any and all your suggestions would be great as I have NO experience in wiring. If you would like it with pink dashes or yellow lines because that's what is o the wires in our rides then I will gladly attempt to accommodate that. Everything will be "hand drawn" (in Corel draw of course) and laid out as best as possible.

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Well in order for you to use the diagram properly the correct wire coloration is critical. The best example of that is the VW schematic posted earlier. That would be the best guide to follow because it looks like it was drawn. Good luck. I'm still waiting for my manual on disc. If you need me to send you a file of the schematic I will. Let's see what it looks like on disc first