Tool kits

• Speaking of the dark days of AMF, @Goats_Hogs, check out this awesome collector knife I own - it's a Gerber, #2675 of 3000 made (avid knife collector here!)...

That is sweet! I have a few knives, nothing really special like that though! Most of mine are pocket/clip/carry types. Have several Gerber, but the one I always keep on me is a Ken Onion Easy Assist by Kershaw. Works pretty much like a switchblade, but is not classified as such. My state allows switchblades, but I always carry mine on me and didn't want to have issues elsewhere.

They were dark days indeed. But with that said, Harley would never have survived without them back then. With AMF tooling them up, and infusing some $$$, Harley was able to survive and come out strong after the return to private ownership.

Dang it man, I wish you were going to MV! Likely others too, but I think you, Bill Martin and myself are brothers from another mother.....

• You're right. AMF's cash infusion did save Harley's ass. Don't get me started on knives! Own over a thousand & still collecting... :00008862:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• More Harley knives... The bottom knife has 2 positions!

I've got the top one, and one you don't show here. It's a Harley knife, Gerber, flip knife similar to the top one only bigger. I love that bottom knife! I've been looking for a good neck knife for carry purposes.... Whiteknuckler is the one I like best so far.

• Here's a Benchmade HD flipper knife. And, one of MANY knife rolls. Own more fixed blade collector knives though. Many are one-off customs...

• This knifemaker is out of Idaho - a true blacksmith & a true craftsman. He makes some GORGEOUS knives. I have a complete collection of these in 4", 6", 8" & 10". He only uses American made crescent wrenches. The sheath is designed such that the wrench can be used safely, using the sheath as your handle. He lists these on eBay. Here's the 6" version. These are delivered razor sharp! VERY practical sheath knife...

• From the same knifemaker as above...

Damascus steel with coyote jaw handle:

(He makes his own damascus by hand, it's not a manufactured blade)

• I'm allowed to pick on Harleys - rode 'em for 40 years! Only leaker I ever had was my first shovel head...

Edit: This was back in the low quality AMF era...

I still have PTSD from the Harley AMF era - just had a flashback - WOW - glad we derailed to knives ;(:D

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Thanks @Orangeman. I went looking right after @Tripod posted he sold on Ebay. Found him quickly. I just read about the Damascus process. Amazing... just amazing! One of the knives I looked at he had this to say about it.....

"The blade is made of 224 layers of O-1 tool steel, S-2 shock steel ( jack hammer bits) and mild steel. By hammer packing the edges of the blade thin, at least twice during shaping, the number of layers per thickness on the cutting edge are much more dense and correspond to a 400 to 600 layer Damascus. With these 3 steels I get three different hardness levels-as the softer ones wear away and leaves the harder layers behind, the knife self sharpens for a while-it creates a miniature saw edge-after lots of use the saw edge becomes rougher- just a few light swipes on a ceramic rod and it is razor sharp again. Very easy to maintain."

Very nice to say the least!

• I've got the top one, and one you don't show here. It's a Harley knife, Gerber, flip knife similar to the top one only bigger. I love that bottom knife! I've been looking for a good neck knife for carry purposes.... Whiteknuckler is the one I like best so far.

Did someone say neck knives...?