Hood fitment issues

• I be home now...

Location of left side hinge frame bolts (above masking tape)

Location of right side hinge frame bolts (above masking tape)

WARNING: If after reading all the way through the following instructions, you find yourself standing there scratching your ass and wondering what time it is... DO NOT ATTEMPT!

Do this in small increments... and measure the movement you make.

With hood open, Mark the vertical frame at the front and rear of the hinge mount with something legible. (This will make it easier to measure adjustments and give you a place to start over if necessary)

If you have extended range hinges or a strut installed, disconnect it. You don't want that kind of push on adjustment.

There is a little free play in the horizontal slot for up and down movement, not much but keep that in mind.

Loosen both bolts slightly on left side... move hinge mount toward rear to shift hood left, move hinge mount forward to go right... tighten bolts and move to right side.

Loosen both bolts slightly on right side... move this hinge mount in the opposite direction from what you did on the left using the amount you moved the left mount. Tighten bolts.

Check closure slowly. Be mindful of rear edge and pointy things. Repeat as necessary.

@rabtech would have to verify this one.
    The fast way... results not guaranteed... with hood closed and latched... loosen all four bolts and let mounts settle themselves. (Might want to Mark the mounts first and disconnect the strut)

Special note... the jig must have been way off when they welded up my frame. My right side hinge mount was all the way forward in the slot and the left side was all the way aft in the slot... or everyone was drunk that Friday.

Good luck.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Edited once, last by airoutlaw ().

• Ok, looking at this picture....are you talking about item #7. This would make sense to try and adjust the front over/back to get the back to shift over..I would have to after taking some measurements, either shift the right side forward slightly or shift the left one toward the back some.

2015 Polaris SLINGSHOT ALL OPTIONS (T15AAS/AAP) Chassis, Hood Hinge Mounting All Options | Ronnie's Mail Order

• I tried to move the hinge brackets, took driver side forward some and left side back some. I got some of the hood lines to line up closer...but by doing so the rear latches are in a slight bind. They all unlock but I have to grab the driver side and lift it up to get it out.

There has to be something else wrong...I don't know if the frame is twisted or what, but remember I said my glove box lid is in a twist and the driver side closes good and tight and the passenger side I can almost stick my finger in the gap...

With no side to side adjustment of the rear latches there is no fix for my problem..unless I try to shim the latch bracket over some. I have some shim stock here but I'm guessing it could take at least an 1/8" or more to be enough

• It's all a matter of what you can live with...

There's always a little white lithium grease...

As @Goats_Hogs said, "Not being there"

Gave you the tools, you make it work...

Myself, I would find a happy medium.

Polaris builds them to sell, not to critique.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I'm ok with where I have the hood lined up now but I'm having an issue with the driver side latch not releasing completely,,,,it releases but it won't pop up....I have to help it...,I'm going to try to shim out the bracket and see what happens...the two mounting bolts on my bracket that will move the bracket toward the outside ....shim so and try some...I can always take them back out....but I think that will solve my problem...

As far as adjusting the hinge bolts...it was not a big deal...loosen them move the driver hinge slightly forward to make the back of the hood swing to the right...move the left side toward the back to do the same thing..

• it wouldn't hurt Polaris to work a little more on the fitment tolerances...it's called quality control...if you're gonna ask big bucks the it should be a bigger priority...

OMG now thats funny - don't search the forum for Polaris quality control or fitment issues because you won't find anyone to disagree with your sentiments - kind like a guy at the Ozarks rally kept saying last year 'biggest piece of sh!t I have ever owned when it comes to basic QC but damn I love it it and I ain't given it up'

• Come on all, you all know how it works in corporate America. You know the guy that was running the QC department for Razors... yep.. Promoted to head of quality and customer satisfaction for Slingshots.

I finally had to get out and drive around more and spend less time in front of the computer pissin' and moanin' about all the little imperfections it has. @Ross said it right. Even knowing what I know about them now, I'd do it all over again. It is that much damn fun.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.