It Takes a Village to Help this idiot - Thanks Stickerdick

• Now that you've said it, I can reveal that YES, it's your old one. It did have major issues and I'm so sorry you had to have the first one they built. In my opinion, it NEVER should have been sold and when you had enough and were going to break it up for parts, i had to do something. I knew being thousands of miles from home, you didn't have the time or place to break it up and you needed to have a reliable trailer to get you around. I'm glad you "unloaded" it to me and I went into it fully aware of the issues. It's one of those win-win deals and I hope we're both happy with our trailers going forward.

Thanks Anita, See you in Maggie

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().

• That is one fine looking trailer! Nice job by the village! Well thought out and applied... still sitting here waiting for the idiot to make an appearance. Wake me when he shows up...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Wow, I totally forgot about that trailer. I thought it was a standard trailer you guys pimped out. A lot of you are older, is this how the downward spiral begins? Forget a little more each day. :D

sadly ..... Yes..... sad-squared

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @funinthesun AKA FITS, what did you think of the trailer? Is that SUV what you pulled it with? Reason is I'm looking for a trailer and I was told to stay away from those by several peeps. I also don't have a big pickup to pull with. My options are my Buick Enclave (equivalent to your vehicle there) or my old ass 2003 f150 with a v6 and 110k miles :thumbup: . Just wonder what your thoughts are.
    Thanks

• @funinthesun AKA FITS, what did you think of the trailer? Is that SUV what you pulled it with? Reason is I'm looking for a trailer and I was told to stay away from those by several peeps. I also don't have a big pickup to pull with. My options are my Buick Enclave (equivalent to your vehicle there) or my old ass 2003 f150 with a v6 and 110k miles :thumbup: . Just wonder what your thoughts are.
    Thanks

I had zero problems towing it with my 2016 Ford Edge with the 3.5 liter v-6. i didn't want to use the smaller engine with the twin turbos to do the pulling. While that would have had more power, it would have been in boost mod 90% of the time going through the hills and mountains and I'd rather not put that stress on it (it may have been fine, but that was my decision). The only "issue" I had was towing at speeds in excess of 70 mph, it took longer than I liked to shift into overdrive and have the torque converter lock up. Good thing I have the paddle shifter so i could force it to shift when I wanted it to. Basically, except for the fact that it's a single axle trailer (both good and bad) it was a good choice for me since I didn't want to go the full size truck route and an enclosed or even tandem axle trailer. And it wasn't the money factor since I have as much or more invested in this trailer than I would have if I bought the aluma one with the tilt bed and 3 ramps

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE