Meet Bill Martin!!!

• Well, the "Meet @Bill Martin" weekend has officially come to a close as we watched them roll out to begin the short drive to Maggie (after breakfast with @Lorge of course!).

We always say that this forum is more like a family than a group of like-minded strangers, and that was evident again this weekend. You cannot meet better people than Bill and Angie (it was a pleasure having you guys at the house!). The Saturday get together was wonderful, and I cannot thank those of you who attended enough - it was so nice to see old friends and meet new ones.

To everyone still traveling, be safe, and we will see you guys on Friday!

Oh, and @Slingrazor, I sent a bag of cookies with Bill specifically for you after I learned about your gentleman's agreement. Let me know if the cookies don't make it please? :rolleyes:

• There is nothing better than payment in "COOKIES". Life is great. Thank you!
    Bill just told me he was going to hold them in ransom! :S

• Great video @ericastar76 looks like great times. Two questions what kind of camera are you using, great pic. The other question is that riding slings means what speeding, never,73 in a 50 just sayin. Great videos and have to make more.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Great video @ericastar76 looks like great times. Two questions what kind of camera are you using, great pic. The other question is that riding slings means what speeding, never,73 in a 50 just sayin. Great videos and have to make more.

The camera which is mounted on the front of the sling is a Garmin VIRB® Ultra 30. The one we took outtake video on, is a HERO5 BLACK, mounted to a Karma™ Grip. Both cameras are set to 1080p 60fps with image stabilization turned on for this video (except for the rides with @Bubblehead and @Lorge ~> I messed with the settings before those rides and accidental selected 30fps which pixelates frames at fast speeds).

As far as owning a slingshot overall goes... speeding is definitely not a prerequisite to "hang with the cool kids" ~> sometimes we go fast, sometimes slow... but always with a sound mind (I too avoid the "hey Joe, hold my beer... watch this" crowd)! I dunno... What can I say... I like to go fast (that's why I got a TURBO SILVER sling) <~ they're the FASTEST you know!! :D

*Besides, none of those speeds on the video are real... movie magic! :whistling::evil:

Let me know if you have any more questions about the cameras and I'll try to help answer them.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Funny story, @Bill Martin pulled in today. I saw him but wanted to wait till the time was right. He was walking around and I approached him, put my hands out and gave him a big hug. He didn't have a clue who I was. :D I said " You don't have a clue who the heck I am do you?" He said " Um no", but gave me a hug anyways. 8| I said "Think about someone in Vermont" and then said softly " Shatneyman". He hollered and gave me a big bear hug. :thumbsup: Awesome!

• Funny story, @Bill Martin pulled in today. I saw him but wanted to wait till the time was right. He was walking around and I approached him, put my hands out and gave him a big hug. He didn't have a clue who I was. :D I said " You don't have a clue who the heck I am do you?" He said " Um no", but gave me a hug anyways. 8| I said "Think about someone in Vermont" and then said softly " Shatneyman". He hollered and gave me a big bear hug. :thumbsup: Awesome!

Out of all the old buddies and new ones @Shatneyman was the best of the day ! He absolutely had me - I was thinkin HOLY CRAP I have completely forgot who this guy is ... and feelin pretty crappy about it but when he whispered his name and it was the best feelin in a long time. I was honored to meet ya and will sure be soppin up some of that great Vermont maple syrup you brought me. Thank you so much to another top shelf forum member!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Well folks, it's true... Our weekend at Bernie's with @Bill Martin has passed! ;(

BUT, in it's wake, are some wonderful and lasting memories of just how awesome it is to get together with family! <3

Awesome video.....you girls ROCK....

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• @KayTwo Stacy and I noticed your rear wheel still has a slight wobble (you can see it in the video when we were rolling up to the gas station). Not sure if someone at Maggie can take a look at it?

*And yes, I worry because I care ~> (now get over it)! :P

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png