Considering Detroit to Vegas trip in Slingshot.

• Map out your route. See if any members on here will meet and greet for meals or a place to crash if you get into any trouble. Also know where the Polaris dealers are along the route for safety. Keep some rain gear with you and a good tire inflation kit. But otherwise just treat it like any other trip cross country on a motorcycle. Have fun post pics of your journey. I live in Indiana 10 minutes from Illinois border right off 80/94 I can meet you when you pass through for a quick bite.

• Yea what Maverick5990 said. I was out riding by my house Friday it was 78 and sunny burnt the shit out of my head. Sunglasses and a hat. Pick a late may or late September should be cooler. Yes you will be loosing some sun light but great riding weather.

• Have a weather alert app on your phone that pinpoints your location. I don't find the hot weather so bad on the open road, but stop lights and road construction are the pits. Be safe and enjoy!!

• My wife & I went from Treherne Manitoba to Mount Kisco New York last year.

• The Sling needs fuel about every 4 hours or so. Take the time to get a good stretch in.
    • Walmarts are great to get in out of the rain. Gives you time to stretch, a place to eat and grab snacks, and perhaps dry clothes
    • collapsible umbrella x2 if you can't get out of the rain (unless you have a top)
    • Zip Lock baggies. Place your phone or GPS inside it, and tear away the bottom corner of the baggie. Then put it in the mount again. This lets you have it running while caught in the rain... see a theme here? (And yes, this was an expensive lesson learnt)
    • These are a great investment. Will let you actually sleep at night
    • Storage space? What are you running with? Saddle Bags? Roll bar bags? Bike Trailer? We have a trailer that we tow. Lots of room, and a built in cooler for drinks when it is hot. @rabtech has quite likely the best trailer I've seen out there for sale, lol.

Aside from all that..... be ready for, "That's cool, what is that?" at every stop. Along with kids and adults alike pointing and taking pictures all along the road. You're gonna love it. I mean, really, we didn't buy slings so we can hide in a crowd, lol

Have a great trip

• Do it! I thoroughly enjoyed my trip home from Wisconsin to South Texas! The only set part of my ride home was a visit with @Painter and @SlingRider ! When I left them I just rode! Slingshot Therapy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I found out that the snack size zip lock bags work perfect. I was using the larger until I found out this size drops right over the 5 inch Garmin GPS

• I found out that the snack size zip lock bags work perfect. I was using the larger until I found out this size drops right over the 5 inch Garmin GPS

We've got a 7" GPS. Used the Medium Freezer bag Zip Lock. Perfect size.

It's the little tricks that make all the difference, lol