Inexpensive Turbo?

• Given the Slingshot's limited traction and ability to use much over 300 HP, I'd give up 100 HP for a decent AC system if I had a snmuch HP as the extreme forced induction folks like @rabtech and gang.

Ah yes but the question is ... Would you be willing to give up the glove compartment ?
    IMHO room can be found under the hood for the compressor and the condenser but the most logical place for the evaporator,blower and associated duct work is the glove compartment.

• Ah yes but the question is ... Would you be willing to give up the glove compartment ?IMHO room can be found under the hood for the compressor and the condenser but the most logical place for the evaporator,blower and associated duct work is the glove compartment.

Actually, I'd e more concerned about the drain on the electrical system as it will take a heck of a lot of cold air movement to keep any feeling of cold in the open cockpit.

• Actually, I'd e more concerned about the drain on the electrical system as it will take a heck of a lot of cold air movement to keep any feeling of cold in the open cockpit.

Rab and I talked about this and the best hope would be to have some cold air blowing on you in traffic and at redlights to slow down the baking :D

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• If you just want cold air when stopped, this would probably be relatively easy to adapt to the Slingshot. It's already battery powered and pretty compact.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1253665084/zero-breeze-the-worlds-coolest-portable-air-condit
    IIRC, I think I posted about this over on TDS.

• If you just want cold air when stopped, this would probably be relatively easy to adapt to the Slingshot. It's already battery powered and pretty compact.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1253665084/zero-breeze-the-worlds-coolest-portable-air-condit
    IIRC, I think I posted about this over on TDS.

I'd have to buy 2 of em or me and my bride would be fighting which way it blows every time we slowed down but it is a neat idea if your by yourself

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• If adapted for the Slingshot and used to provide cooling while stopped at a light, I'd think a single unit could blow air on both the driver and passenger. Faces most probably, torso and/or lower extremities, maybe.
    If situated in the glovebox area, the radio area might also be needed for ductwork. If used only for the head areas, it might be possible to get it mounted on both sides of the fin or replacing the fin and the ducting could then aim towards driver and passenger faces. Maybe with a switch that automatically activates the unit at speeds below 15-20 mph. The ducting could travel from the fin area forward and down the center column where the 2nd cigarette lighter port is now, allowing the ducting to be relatively short and not having to blow cool air thru a large volume to hit the intended target. The biggest drawback to the fin location would be the cost of replacing the rear deck covering that currently houses the fin. If the adapting designer were smart, a template to modify the existing rear deck to cutout the fin area and a new covering would be included. The AC unit itself could just discharge any water it removes thru a hose to underneath the Slingshot as is currently done wit he fuel tank vent system.
    Another possible mounting area might be the current radio cubby area, although that location would require relocation of any radio and would also require modification of the dash top and windshield mount.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I am thinking a vintage air system that would replace the glove box. Then have one vent on each side of the console. It should work just fine. Someone with access to vintage air components would be the best choice to test fit all the goodies... mounting the condenser is going to be easy and the compressor should fit under the water pump area. And the dryer would be on the firewall area above the exhaust in my case. On a stock bike it would have to be relocated due to the muffler.

Then the air conditioner evaporator and blower would be in one small package where the glove box fits. The factory ECU can be programed by Bob to kick up the idle rpm when the compressor kicks in and so can our Haltech ecu. So most of the design is going to be in the making of the brackets to hold the compressor.

• I am thinking a vintage air system that would replace the glove box. Then have one vent on each side of the console. It should work just fine. Someone with access to vintage air components would be the best choice to test fit all the goodies... mounting the condenser is going to be easy and the compressor should fit under the water pump area. And the dryer would be on the firewall area above the exhaust in my case. On a stock bike it would have to be relocated due to the muffler.

Then the air conditioner evaporator and blower would be in one small package where the glove box fits. The factory ECU can be programed by Bob to kick up the idle rpm when the compressor kicks in and so can our Haltech ecu. So most of the design is going to be in the making of the brackets to hold the compressor.

The belt drive and mounting the compressor is going to the be harder parts to do, from there the lines will be pretty straightforward. Mounting the condenser and evaporator will be pretty straightforward to get it finished up. The vintage air stuff works pretty well, if I only knew of any hot rod shops around that have some of this stuff just laying around ;)