Gun Guys

• Texas is trying to approve unlicensed concealed carry. It was initially felt to stand no chance of passing, but the Lt. Gov has voiced support for it. My Wife is scared to death at the thought of me carrying concealed. I'm sure most LEOs are not overly thrilled at passage.

• Texas is trying to approve unlicensed concealed carry. It was initially felt to stand no chance of passing, but the Lt. Gov has voiced support for it. My Wife is scared to death at the thought of me carrying concealed. I'm sure most LEOs are not overly thrilled at passage.

It just might surprise you what the LEO think. The LEO's around here like the concealed carry. The crime rates go down.

• In my conversations with LEOs during my Slingshot rides, one of their biggest fears is trying to figure out if someone is likely to be carrying (legally or otherwise) if they have to interact with them. I'd assume a lot of their concerns are driven by the area in which they're most likely to have to interact with someone.

• So why do you need a concealed carry permit if your going to open carry ?? This just doesn't make sense to me

to make it easier to prosecute illegal gun owners....criminals...

if someone is carrying open ....cops can say show me your permit. I don’t have one..... you’re under arrest. Confiscate the gun. Most criminals will get permits.

• I just received my new Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster and just finished setting it up. I am thinking that it just might be easier on my back than the OWB hanging on my hip. We will see!

I use shoulder holsters for my large frame stuff and really like them. It kind of dictates your wardrobe choices for concealed carry though. I use them mostly for hunting. And yeah, I have a box full of holsters too.

That cost some $$$. I still don't carry and know I may regret it someday. I have several holsters but just can't find one I like. Last one I bought was for the calf. Not real comfortable or accessible in a tight situation.

I hear ya. Especially if the calf is out in the pasture with it's mama.:cow:

Seriously though I like the Clinger holster for concealed carry. They're not cheap either.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I just received my new Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster and just finished setting it up. I am thinking that it just might be easier on my back than the OWB hanging on my hip. We will see!

The Miami Classic is probably the most comfortable shoulder rig out there. Expensive yes, but worth every penny since comfortable holsters are like needles in haystacks. I would bet that most avid gun owners have a drawer full of holsters. I'm certainly guilty. One thing I have done is repurpose some of the IWB holsters I have. I do a good amount of hiking and have a lot of back packs. There's some scenarios where OWB is either not allowed or just work work and neither will IWB. In those instances I have an admin compartment in most of my packs and have just clipped an IWB holster that I never actually carry with to the inside of the pocket.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I am up to two drawers now. having around 30 hand guns most I can carry and bought several holsters for each. I find that OWB I like the best but that don't work out well in the summer so I switch to my S&W Body Guard mouse gun or my S&W 45 Shield in a Stick pocket holster. Now the problem with this many holsters is which gun now fits in whitch holster. My best and favorite holster is my Wright Leatherworks owb for the 45 Shield.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

Less than a month after getting my license I was involved in a road rage incident. After the rager blocked my car, I had my pistol out, one in the pipe (I always keep it that way) and safety off. Thankfully he was content with opening his door to yell; I have no idea what he called me but my music was blaring (he had to have heard it). After he said his piece, he left. I reengaged the safety, put the pistol out of sight and reholstered when I got to the office.

The nice thing about my little LC9s is I can have it on me all the time. While I hope to upgrade my carry to my CZ-P07 soon, that little Ruger will always be in rotation.