LED headlight stopped working

• Resurrecting this thread because I had another *different* LED headlight go out on me. Last one was passenger side outer light, this was the driver side outer light. @slingmods responded like a champ, got TricLED to send me a replacement. So here's where it gets gnarly. I replaced the light, and then tested it for proper function. All good. Literally 2 minutes later, I turned the machine on again, energizing the lights. I heard a loud *CLICK*, and both the driver's side outer light and passenger's side outer light are now blown. I replaced the passenger side back in Feb/Mar timeframe, of course, so both these lights are replacements, and wired into the original wiring, so I doubt the wiring is the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? Between the halos I'm having issues with and these headlights, I'm getting pretty tired of TricLED shit failing on me. Are there other manufacturers out there that are any better? @av8ingtom, I know you replaced and added a bunch of lights in MV, not sure if that included lights/halos. Who did that work for you?

Happy to take any suggestions that might be out there, but I'm not real sure I want to get a pair of replacement headlights (not to mention halos) from @slingmods and try again, because if they blow on me again, I'm likely to pump about 6-7 rounds from the .45 into the engine block and walk away. I'm a little cranky.

@KayTwo I had all of my LED's and my Halo's removed in Maggie Valley. I had to replace the upper and lower brow lights several times, my LED headlamp ballast I had to replace 1 time, the turn signal harness I purchased has been removed because my left turn signal would stop working for no reason, and then it would work again. My lower splitter LED lights were replaced twice. I just kept having issues and the LED's went out again in Maggie Valley so I just pulled them all off myself, removed all the old wiring and had Light The Night install all new LED'S and Halos.

• I have had great luck using LED 5050 strips I buy from Amazon. Usually about $15 for a 16' roll. They have been on my SS for over a year now. White, red and amber ones. The minor shortcoming is they cannot be bent on the same plane. I do not trust the two sided tape that comes on them - after wiping the panel with plastic prep, I supplement the tape with a drop of Gorilla superglue gel every inch or so. Works great. And is cheap!!

• I shouldn't have looked at this thread. I was checking my lights out last night, and wouldn't you know it, both my outer led headlights are out! I have them on a separate circuit from the inner ones, so hopefully it's something other than the bulbs or black boxes. Didn't have time last might to check them out.

• Well, I just checked and I have roughly 5 volts coming out of the black box that connects to the lights. But neither the fans or the lights work. I'm not sure what the voltage is supposed to be, but at least I know it's not a fuse or my wiring that's the problem.

• @rabtech and @kenny_h have had them forever...

Yes, I believe @rabtech and I were one of the first people using these lights. Since then I have installed them in quite a few Slingshots for people.

Man... Sounds like I won't be buying anything from tricled...

Well, anything gently used... :D

After replacing 5 individual halos AND the entire set of halos twice...AND having to replace all of the under body leds...I concur.

There are TONS of better quality / less expensive options out there.

• Since then I have installed them in quite a few Slingshots for people.

@kenny_h, I've been looking at replacing some (or ALL) of my LED headlights with these or something like them. Since you've installed them, I'll ask you...

1. Do you use the stock wiring, or do you need anything additional?
    2. Is there anything preventing you from putting these lights or similar in any of the 3 paired locations on the Sling? Seems like everyone has them in the Canadian mod location, and I was curious why.

• @kenny_h, I've been looking at replacing some (or ALL) of my LED headlights with these or something like them. Since you've installed them, I'll ask you...
    1. Do you use the stock wiring, or do you need anything additional?
    2. Is there anything preventing you from putting these lights or similar in any of the 3 paired locations on the Sling? Seems like everyone has them in the Canadian mod location, and I was curious why.

I used the factory fog light harness on the SS and added a switch to the dash.

I would not recommend changing all of the lights over. I would just use them as fog lights or accessory lighting, as they do not throw out a focused beam of light like a headlight does. It is more of an all over light if that makes sense.