Wrecking Crew marks territory in Maryland

• @hrmiracle,@Cameron Roberts, @MACAWS, @3rdwheel, @Gadgeteer, @Trucon01, @TheRock, @Jdin, @lrobbi, @WraithSS, @DocG, @Webweaver1021, @Ben67zl1, @jaytee, @V-SHOT, @Andy Hatch, @Tango, @jaytee, @Hpocus, @KayTwo, @Slej, @Silver Surfer, @ethermion, @dharmab, @Keithmo, @Bradshaw'sSS, @Sling Cat, @av8ingtom, @mytoy, @sideseatdriver, @adventure4me, @Nemesis1701, @Bubblehead, @DarkSquid, @Onegear, @Tripod, @BatPower, @RaiAvila, @pwmd, @WOLF

The crew has several members in Maryland, and we have never marked our territory there.

I have spoken to @3rdwheel and @Gadgeteer recently and discussed a ride up their way. Less than an hour for me and many of us. I don't have a date, nor any ideas, but I want to get this started. Our Maryland members are just as precious as the rest of us. They just got a rough start getting their slings licensed. But, we need to post sooner or later. Can't let another crew grab turf from us - I will not allow that.

Many if not most crew members are south of us in the DC area. I can host quite a few at my humble abode for those who would want to stage earlier for a ride. 4 empty bedrooms, plenty of parking for trucks and trailers. And plenty to drink. Anyone who knows me in person, can attest to that truth.

I leave it to our Maryland members to provide more thought leadership on this issue, but I wanted to get this topic out in the open. Lots of beautiful rides in the Old Line State.

• A bit surprised by the early responses. I understand the issue, which is not an issue for me. For those of you, I will piss great volumes (I have this power) frequently (I am getting older) on Maryland by the side of the road. But, there ain't no chance in hell of me missing an opportunity to hang with @Gadgeteer dude and @3rdwheel dude. When a swarm our way is called, they post without fail. I will give them the same respect.

• Have we given any thought to hosting our Brethren on this side of the line?? It would appear there is some resistance from the members on this side to venture over the line. Don't know what that is all about...and don't want to ruffle any feathers. Me...I ride anywhere...but that is just me. I digress! At any rate, let's put our heads together and figure this out!!! Eric has reached out with Meet and Greet invitation (of sort). The least we can do is come up with a workable solution. Eric, you call it, and I'll ride!!!!

• Have we given any thought to hosting our Brethren on this side of the line?? It would appear there is some resistance from the members on this side to venture over the line. Don't know what that is all about...and don't want to ruffle any feathers. Me...I ride anywhere...but that is just me. I digress! At any rate, let's put our heads together and figure this out!!! Eric has reached out with Meet and Greet invitation (of sort). The least we can do is come up with a workable solution. Eric, you call it, and I'll ride!!!!

D.C. And Maryland don't trust us to be adults with weapons. Simple as that.

• Believe me, I totally understand the reluctance to travel to Maryland, and don't get me started about DC! I'm sure there are back roads here in Maryland as nice as those in Virginia, but I've yet to find more than a few in my area (locals please prove me wrong). I had a great conversation with @ethermion yesterday, and I thank him for his post. However, given that @Gadgeteer and I are still at the northern fringe of our ever-expanding group, I think it would take a special event like a Booze and Blues (thanks again @MACAWS for all your hard work, I'm hoping to make Slingshots Uncorked) to lure the Crew to the higher latitudes. While some may feel unwelcomed in Maryland, they are always welcome to ride with me. Brothers always!

Unknown-9.jpeg
    NOT!

• D.C. And Maryland don't trust us to be adults with weapons. Simple as that.

I understand your stance on this issue and respect it, all the more. It is very unfortunate we still live in a world where the respect earned for being a responsible (gun-owning) adult is still regulated, negated, and scrutinized by appointed/elected officials. But as stated by Eric, the MD bunch have answered the call to many a swarm. I think we could all make a concerted effort to come up with a doable situation that would be beneficial for all of us. I'm not trying to diminish anyone's belief, stance, or rights. I just want to ride. My sincere apology if it came off that way.

• I understand your stance on this issue and respect it, all the more. It is very unfortunate we still live in a world where the respect earned for being a responsible (gun-owning) adult is still regulated, negated, and scrutinized by appointed/elected officials. But as stated by Eric, the MD bunch have answered the call to many a swarm. I think we could all make a concerted effort to come up with a doable situation that would be beneficial for all of us. I'm not trying to diminish anyone's belief, stance, or rights. I just want to ride. My sincere apology if it came off that way.

Unfortunately, MD police run license plates looking for CHPs annotated in the file (which VA does, not every state does), and then they stop the vehicle to search. They've been caught at it, and told to stop, and they are still doing it last I heard. If you have a VA carry permit, travel with care - recommend do not test them on their laws. You do not have reciprocity.

• Unfortunately, MD police run license plates looking for CHPs annotated in the file (which VA does, not every state does), and then they stop the vehicle to search. They've been caught at it, and told to stop, and they are still doing it last I heard. If you have a VA carry permit, travel with care - recommend do not test them on their laws. You do not have reciprocity.

Never knew that.