Report your current weather here.

• Since I been in Maggie Valley I have kept track - it is almost always 15 - 20 degrees cooler than in Gulf Coast Lake Charles. The humidity is way lower and our 80 degrees and Lake Charles 80 degrees has a world of difference between the two when it comes to comfort. I cannot believe it still goes down in the 60’s here at nite and we are enjoying our firepit sippin shine in damn near August. In Louisiana you would be sittin in a puddle of sweat at midnight. Still kickin myself in the ass for not coming up here sooner !!

here in Spring, TX, there is still too much humidity and we often don't see nighttime temps below 80-85 until after 10.30 pm. When riding at night, I often notice that just a few miles north of here (20-30 miles or so) it's like riding thru a door into a cooler area with less humidity. One thing I love about the "winter" temps here compared to northern Virginia where we lived before is their high temps are usually our low temps. Very nice in the winter, but not so nice in the summer!

• The weather looked great this morning so we tried to do a Big Bear Mountain run round two. We get up to our favorite little running brook spot for a packed lunch only to have thunder and lightning and a forecast of 90% rain and flash flood within the hour. We pack it up we turn around and in the spot we went through last week had the equivalent of snow drifts only they were 3 foot high berms of mud debris and trees from a flash flood. Glad we got out of there in time.

We’re coming down the mountain and today I think it’s my birthday. Two idiot street racers come around a blind corner passing two other cars. I always pray for protection and today I got it. We split the difference on the two of them, one passed me on the right shoulder one passed me on the left doing about 60. Missed us by inches.🤬

Parking it. Three straight weeks of less than stellar rides. Going to stay home and do yardwork tomorrow. To many idiots out….. and HOT!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I remember when I was a young kid the neighbor was the weatherman for the local radio station. I was very much interested in the weather and in radio and the would take me to the station and show me how he got the reading everyday. I remember he did the wet bulb test. That would have been in the 50s in NW Iowa.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I just wonder how these weather experts come up with these precise temperature numbers? It makes sense to me that for those figures for Washington DC, they obviously use a rectal thermometer since there's plenty of places to jam it into over there

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I just wonder how these weather experts come up with these precise temperature numbers? It makes sense to me that for those figures for Washington DC, they obviously use a rectal thermometer since there's plenty of places to jam it into over there

Actually, predicting weather in the Washington, DC area is very difficult. The mountains to the west really screw up forecasts and the 4 main forecasting models often differ enough that a rectal guess may be the best estimate!;)

• I ran across this article which really explains heat - dry & wet - in the human body - thought y’all may find it interesting…

https://www.livescience.com/ho…people-can-tolerate.html/

very insightful read - - just found a wet build temp calculator and input out current conditions 100 degrees, 10% humidity and 30.07 pressure - - - seems that this equals a wet bulb temp of around 64 degrees - - - not bad even if I bump the temp to 120 its still under 75

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• 11:21 AM

111 Degrees

12% humidity

29.83 inHg

quiz time - - whats the wet bulb temp

Just kidding, we are under an extreme heat warning today and tomorrow - might make it to 120, but starting Friday we should cool off

• Very odd August day today - only 73 this morning for my ride into work and still only 97 now for my ride home

I heard this morning on the radio that today was some kind of record low for this for this date in history

calling for 100 as the high for Friday through Sunday before it is expected to go back up and hit 113 by a week from today

• Sounds refreshing! :)

• Sounds refreshing! :)

actually it was, my ride in was downright cool

• Getting ready for my afternoon ride home and to start the weekend

currently 114 degrees and 9% humidity. might have to jump in the pool when I get home - - although the water is probably pretty warm as well =O