Report your current weather here.

• Ours wasn't bad in the end. Not fun, likely end up with 8 or more inches but much better than the 2 feet that was mentioned on the high side. Hard to say, winds here have places clear (other than the 1/4" or so of ice that's below all this on the pavement and everything else) and over 3 foot drifts. Very few places on the roads have clear spots, seems to dump there for this storm especially the east/west roads. I drive about 20 miles west, and 10 miles north for my work. The wind has been from the north, and even if it's a flat area, the ditch next to the road seems to create a swirl and dump it in the lane.

I went to work today, but they closed at noon and I came home. Glad I did, it was bad enough (open roads, usually 35 minutes on a good day, took an hour with no traffic but plenty of snow) but got worse later in the day. I cleared my drive at 5pm with my snowblower, not looking the same now. All good, I'll leave my daily driver here tomorrow and drive the truck (2013 GMC crewcab Z71). Wife drives a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 door, and only works 7 blocks away....

We got hit with the snow hard on Wed am and a little Wed pm. Clouds all day today but no snow. Your snow is probably over.

• I'm hoping the Texas power grid managers do things right this time after last February's freeze. I can't help but wonder if they had started rolling blackouts before things got so bad if the might have been able to maintain power to most places and use the rolling blackouts to temporarily inconvenience each area for a short period while reducing overall demand on the system. Houses in SE Texas aren't designed for freezing weather. As an example, most houses in the Houston area have exposed water pipes on the outside of the house coming into the house where any miscreant could shut-off your water as a prank. I built insulated housings around my two exposed water valves and keep temperature-switched halogen bulbs in each housing to provide some heat. I was shocked moving here to find our incoming waterline exposed outside. The Texas power grid managers can tell the electricity generators to prepare their systems for cold weather operations, but there are loopholes that allow to exempt themselves as non-cold weather providers. This resulted in many of the electric generators losing their natural gas supplies to run their generators last year. With the primaries coming up next month, I'd assume the politicians are sitting on pins and needles hoping this small freeze event over the next couple days will not cause voters to vote against them next month. I, for one, will remember if we have wide-spread power failures again. Texas has a reputation for being business friendly at the expense of the general population. The grid managers allowed the price of electricity to hit $9,000/Kilowatt hour last year, supposedly to encourage production of badly needed power, so the few companies still generating power profited and the consumers will be paying for it for years. Why spend money to winterize your system if you'll get paid exorbitantly for any power produced? As far as I'm concerned, if companies want to operate providing power, they have an obligation to make sure their systems are up to the task. We had a relatively soft freeze a couple weeks ago and around 20% of the power plants had problems when their gas supplier's system froze from the light freeze. Just saw a headline that Gov. Abbot, a candidate in the upcoming primary, has softened his insistence we wont have any problems.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• getting ready to ride over to help my wife setup at her Friday farmers market - - sun is not quite up yet, but the glow is starting to lighten the sky - its 43 degrees out according to my outdoor gauge - - we've been a bit below normal the last week or so, highs have been in the mid to upper 60's. normal for this time of year is 71. - - according to my weather app by the time we get to next week we are looking at highs in the low 80's - - the ride in in the morning should be a good 10 or more degrees warmer than this mornings - - - - - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Think that it needs another blanket. Doesn’t even look like it’s smiling, more like, Put me in the garage.

Was going to Nielsen's in Lake Villa, IL for a little love this am but had some additional snow so it will be another day. Finally warmed up a little now ZERO but sunny. Just have to shovel a little snow. Plow truck broke last Wed. Life is so exciting.

• Was going to Nielsen's in Lake Villa, IL for a little love this am but had some additional snow so it will be another day. Finally warmed up a little now ZERO but sunny. Just have to shovel a little snow. Plow truck broke last Wed. Life is so exciting.

If doing it the old fashion way go easy. My back let me know. Trouble is it usually lets me know a few days later after the fact!

• If doing it the old fashion way go easy. My back let me know. Trouble is it usually lets me know a few days later after the fact!

Only about an inch of light fluffy stuff and taking it easy ... Had the drive reblacktoped last fall just have to make sure the snow doesn't get packed down --- I have a steep upward drive getting out to the street.

• Only 42 days till spring 2022!

Damn! and here I was thinking it was starting tomorrow

yea, I know, Im an ass 8o

• 52 when I got up today at 6am. Had the go to the hunting club for work day. Dropped to 46 about 8am but got all the way up to 58. Not a warm 58 as the wing is around 12mph. I am leaving Sally in the shed I haven't thawed out yet.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I just about got the whole snow thing figured out here on the creek - just stay by the fireplace and sip shine until it melts 😬😬 IMPROVISE - ADAPT - OVERCOME I SAY !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• 4:45 in the morning here, getting ready to ride to the Farmers Market to help my wife set up for the day. just a couple of weeks ago when I did this it was in the 40's and pretty chilly - right now even though the sun isn't even up yet it is already 73 - - - they say our high will be 86, but I wont be surprised if we beat that and get to 90+