UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

• Oh, I meant video of it working... Doing the stuff you described... That's cool!

I can do that.

But first I need to post the horn modification, information that I have put together. The alarm info will then follow later.

Tomorrow's job is to finish off some racks to go behind the role bars, so that I can fix some top boxes in place. These must all be done in time for a trip to Ireland, at the end of this month. Things are coming together well now, that the radio fiasco is over.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• I can't show you on a Visio, because they have hidden it all so well that I can't find it and they even told me where they were going to put it.
    All I can see is one of the microwave/proximity sensors, (that's the one that I will use to adjust the system's sensitivity). Everything else has been hidden really well.
    ?( I cant even see the alarm's transmitter aerial. ?(

It's what these guys do, just, so so well.

:thumbsup: I found the alarm's aerial today :thumbsup:
    It was hidden in plain sight. :00010164:

• This weekend I completed my top-box mounting.

It all went together well and everything was made out of parts available from hardware stores or from eBay, on the net.

The results were even better than I had hoped for.
    The racks are strong enough to take me standing on them. When running with everything in place the top-boxs also stop some of the air buffeting, so long runs with these on the back will be less taxing.

The rack behind the driver's seat has access through it to allow fuelling. All that is necessary is to remove one simple flanged bolt, from the top-box and the fuel cap is easily accessible.

Plenty of space inside the boxes for luggage, when on tour. (Note: The typical red Britisn Post Box, by the barn wall).

I'm very happy with the results and have increased the storage, with just a little work and very little cost.

Edited 5 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• Wow awesome.maybe I missed the post but were did you pick those bags up from ?

• The alarm system is now all trimmed so that the sensertivity is correct. It will now send me a message if someone is interfering with It, by a signal to a pager, that will control the vehicle, enabling me to total disable the Slingshot, set the alarm off myself, or just switch off the alarm. It even tells me what's happening (person in SS, interfering with engine, electrical systems on, knock to SS, ext.. ).

It would even be able to switch on the engine, with a couple of little changes to the settings, but this type of controll is baned in Europe. So it's staying off.

The vehicle monitoring and GPS systems go in a little later.

• What alarm system are you using?
    I'm hoping to get one installed in next few weeks. So very tired of finding people sitting in it.
    Yours sounds like what I'm looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• It's been custom made and fitted by some guys that I know in the UK. I'm not too sure what all the parts are, in the system.

All I know is that it's working well.

• It would appear that Polaris Britain have succeeded in making, fitting, the alarm into a much mire difficult job than required and added many more links to the process, than needed.

One of the tech guys fitting the alarm asked Polaris Britain (directly) for some information so he could design his system OK in the Slingshot.
    All good so far?

No. Polaris insisted that the following procedure was followed:

1. Tech guy asks me for the wireing diagram
    2. I then ask my dealer for the diagram
    3. The dealer passes the request to the tech guy at the dealer's works.
    4. The dealer askes Polaris for the diagram.
    5. Polaris Britain find the complete whirring diagram.
    6. Polaris Britain send the diagram to the dealer.
    7. Dealer sends full diagram on to me. (With an apolojetic comment saying they didn't know if it was what was wanted, but hoped it was all ok).
    8. I send whirring diagram to the guy designing the system.
    9. The guy designing the system says. "They could have just told me what colour lead was needed to wire one connection to."

No wonder they keep messing up. They just made the job more difficult, for the designer and added a whole lot more work into finding what was a very simple answer even and took a few days to do it all.

I hope that this isn't American efficiency in action or we will all have problems soon. Let's hope it's just a "job's-worth" in Britain, messing things up, just because they can.

No wonder they didn't fix my radio!

Edited 2 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• Wow awesome.maybe I missed the post but were did you pick those bags up from ?

I picked them up from ebay.

Motorcycle back top box case universal scooter motorbike for luggage/ 2 helmets | eBay

Plenty of space and low cost, at around $35 USD each.

I have successfully used similar ones on motorcycles and they come at a really good price, work well and also keep out the British weather (lots of rain).

• Some time ago the Polaris, footwell lights were fitted. The result was just a little too disappointing, for me, so I expanded the possibilities of what could be done to improve things.

Hence, today's additions:

Two cup holders, all the way, from China and compleate with LED lighting.

It was a straightforward job, to splice the electrical connections into the Polaris LED system and so they only come on when the "Blue setting is selected.

In daylight they give off a decent glow, lighting the area around them.

As the evening drew in, tonight, I tried them out again and the results were spectacular! (No I didn't Photoshop a blue hue in the middle of the pictures).

12V LED Marine Boat Yacht Car Camper Stainless Steel Cup Drink Holder Sale - Banggood Mobile

The holders came in at less than $8 USD each, delivered to the UK. For that sort of money, you can't go wrong. I had to slightly enlarge the holes in the bodywork for the new holders, but that was a simple operation.

I have also run enough electrical wiring to expand the system still further and I've included the connections for the "Whight" light selection too. This will enable further blue LEDs and even a switchable map light, should I chose to expand the system later.

Edited 4 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• I like it - nice job. Let us know if they get hot.