Rabtech's laser cut front protection sticker kit in the online store now!

• One question @rabtech did you have any trouble pulling the originals off, or did you just add the rest of the kit?

I just added the other pieces... I have pulled my set off before. I was nervous but they came off slowly.

They have an adhesive that is very forgiving and will let them come off and be re applied. I would not want to pull them off again but it can be done.

You would want the full set. Some of the original pieces are different than the originals. I bet with a tiny amount of heat from a hair dryer they will come right off.

• Meant to ask...any temperature restrictions for installation to ensure proper activation of the adhesive?

I can tell you that I have only put them on when it was 68 to 70 degrees.

I would not stick them on when it was below 50 or 55 degrees. As an example...I tried to close a next day fedex envelope the other day when I was outside and it was 35 degrees. It would not stick closed at all. And we all know how sticky that glue is..

• I can tell you that I have only put them on when it was 68 to 70 degrees.
    I would not stick them on when it was below 50 or 55 degrees. As an example...I tried to close a next day fedex envelope the other day when I was outside and it was 35 degrees. It would not stick closed at all. And we all know how sticky that glue is..

Yeah, and then they probably need a cure time for the adhesive to fully adhere...

Any issues with the material getting brittle or cracking over time in cold temps?

• Yeah, and then they probably need a cure time for the adhesive to fully adhere...
    Any issues with the material getting brittle or cracking over time in cold temps?

That question I can answer..... Never gave mine any curing time. Once they are stuck they seem to adhere very well. However you may have a point if its cold outside...

And to answer the brittle question... No they don't get brittle and they don't fade in the sun... They keep the matte black look. I have had mine on through heat and freeze and they are perfect.

Im telling you,,,, Its a miracle i found this stuff. Its really the perfect product for this application... You should have looked at mine closer in Murphy. Anyone that has the original kit can tell you that you could not find a better product for the front...

@FunCycle and several others jumped on the first kits I had for sale and I never had a single person say they were not happy.. And at the events I walk past SS's with this kit and they all look like new up front...

Your going to love your kit... I bet it will tie all the black together on the blue front.

• Meant to ask...any temperature restrictions for installation to ensure proper activation of the adhesive?

@KayTwo you can use my shop anytime. If I am at work swing by and I will give you the keys. My shop stays at 72 in the winter. Leave it I the shop overnight if you would like for curing. I have all the stuff you need to apply in the shop. Window cleaner, denatured alcohol, and a heat gun if needed.

• The only problem, like with all vinyl graffics if you have the pointed edges you have to be careful when washing and waxing not to get whatever you are using (cloth/sponge) caught on the pointy corners which will lift the vinyl and it may not stick back down.

• The only problem, like with all vinyl graffics if you have the pointed edges you have to be careful when washing and waxing not to get whatever you are using (cloth/sponge) caught on the pointy corners which will lift the vinyl and it may not stick back down.

If you look closely at the new kit you will see hat we cut radius edges wherever possible --- ahh the beauty of a laser cutter and a computer.
    I would recommend you lay everything out flat over night and let it get to room temps.
    @FunCycle is Correct about cleaning you need to be careful at the corners but we have eliminated sharp edges wherever possible

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• If you look closely at the new kit you will see hat we cut radius edges wherever possible --- ahh the beauty of a laser cutter and a computer.I would recommend you lay everything out flat over night and let it get to room temps.
    @FunCycle is Correct about cleaning you need to be careful at the corners but we have eliminated sharp edges wherever possible

Yep @FunCycle the new kits have radius edges. @MACAWS is always thinking..... He improved our kit tremendously.

• Just received our set in the mail. Immediately taped it up to see how we like it against the Blue Fire. We do. :D We'll probably wait for Monday, supposed to be a little warmer. Or, I'll swamp out the garage and drive the Sling in. Pics to come!

• Just received our set in the mail. Immediately taped it up to see how we like it against the Blue Fire. We do. :D We'll probably wait for Monday, supposed to be a little warmer. Or, I'll swamp out the garage and drive the Sling in. Pics to come!

I will let you do your install first. Maybe you can give me some pointers...

I can't believe you didn't post a picture of them temporarily stuck to the front. I wanna seeeee.

• So....it was 50 degrees out, more than that in the sun, and @sideseatdriver got as far as she could go on the disassembly of the passenger side in preparation for the install of the passenger seat slider, which still isn't here yet...I just know we're going to be out there after dark, with the work lights going...but I digress. Where was I...oh, yes, @sideseatdriver got bored. And as any good squirrel will, she shifted her focus. So, we judged the temperature to be sufficient, and....away we go.

First, @rabtech, we didn't use your directions as far as the numbering. we went with what looked easiest first, and went from there. Worked out.

So, here's the first half of the project done....

It was looking good, and we were still within temperature specs, so....

And we ran out of temperature, so we're stopped for the day on that project. You'll see that the back edge pieces, #3 and #6, aren't on yet. I kinda like the look without them, but we'll reevaluate tomorrow.

One thing I did learn...if you have a bad back, or bad knees, or don't like getting low....put this thing up on a jack. Or just lay down. And two people to do install is way better than one.