Supercharger - another player

• I have read/heard that Procharger is working with CBM motorsports for tuning....

http://store.custombuiltmotors…-polaris-slingshot-1.html

It doesn't look like this kit will put out that much power and I am not a fan of how they are tuning these....

I would guess that CBM has created a tune with their device/software and is flashing them in house for Procharger.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Also on the Procharger setup they do NOT NOT NOT change the injectors or the to a colder spark plug. They also told me if a dealership wipes out your custum ECU flash you will have to pay again for the company to re-flash it.

Fort Worth, Texas

Edited once, last by Tim0341 ().

• Also on the Procharger setup they do change the injectors or the to a colder spark plug. They also told me if a dealership wipes out your custum ECU flash you will have to pay again for the company to re-flash it.

All of the supercharger kits and most of the turbo kits replace the fuel injectors, typically most of the kits are using the Siemens 63# injectors. As for the spark plugs, most are also repacing those also in kits, but there is no common replacement among all of the kits and vendors. Most all of the vendors are also replacing the MAP sensor to a 2bar MAP, not sure if Procharger is doing that or not, I do not remember when I looked at the setup in SEMA if it was replaced or not.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• I forgot to add NOT to my post above. Procharger does not change injectors or the plugs.

Are you 100% sure on the injectors? From the pictures I took of it at SEMA it looks like the injectors were changed, although the MAP sensor looks stock and I was not able to see the spark plugs. The stock injectors are also going to be small to make the power that the Procharger kit is making, even though it is lower power than the other kits.

Thanks,
    Dave

• I was emailing a rep from their company about posssibly using their product and I was asking a lot of questions and he said the used stock injectors and you had to re-gap the plugs.

• I was emailing a rep from their company about posssibly using their product and I was asking a lot of questions and he said the used stock injectors and you had to re-gap the plugs.

That is really surprising that they are using stock injectors, that means that they would be running them at or pretty close to 100% duty cycle to hit their power level, which is definitely frowned at, also not something I would expect from someone like Procharger to do on one of their kits. Also, not having to buy injectors, spark plugs and a MAP sensor should make that kit easily less expensive than our kit, not sure why it is the most expensive kit out there, strange. ?(

• Just my 2 cents...

I doubt that ProCharger would sell a kit that had a propensity to go lean and blow-up engines... It could be that ProCharger is aiming at eventual CARB approval -- which would make their kit the only 50 state legal mod. A side benefit of using the stock injectors, is at least your MPG and Miles Remaining numbers on your dash display will reflect reality. Other considerations are that larger injectors may indeed deliver a lot more fuel -- but they may not retain an optimal spray pattern at lower fuel rates or when blowing into boost (where the effective fuel pressure seen by the injector is reduced). My experience with turbo mods -- is that you often get some stumbling or misfires when going full-pedal/off-pedal/full-pedal using larger injectors. This may not be an issue for the driver or the engine -- but the resulting emissions would certainly not qualify for CARB approval.

This isn't to defend or diss ProCharger... They probably had good reasons for the choices they made -- and not all of them may have been related to profit/price. I will say that their compressor mounting is old-school overkill... Dual plane brackets and fully triangulated. No chance of twisting from occasional spikes in belt tension.