LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• IIRC, the double nut size is 1-3/4". I think it was posted on the old site, but I haven't been able to find any reference there. I had included it in this thread - Required Tools | Polaris Slingshot Forum, but can't remember how I got the size info. Will try to verify.
    Actually found the Double Nut size here on Slingshotinfo.com in this thread - Double axle nut size. On second thought, that can't be where I originally got the 1-3/4" size for the Double Nuts as my posting on the old site was back in May and the link here is from Sep.

Edited 4 times, last by BKL ().

• Apparently only about 7k of us need the brake recall. . .

Recall: Polaris Slingshot

To put that number into perspective, my Blue Fire LE, delivered back in May was #7176, if I'm reading the VIN correctly. If so, then 7k equals about 95% of all units produced to date.

UPDATE (from post #168): Ok, looks like I was not reading the VIN correctly. I was told the last 4 digits are the serial but according to official standards, the last 6 digits are reserved for the serial number on all vehicles. I can confirm since my old SL, from 8/2015 was #107763 and my new LE is 117176. General consensus on the SS forums seems to agree that the 1st digit can be ignored, for now, since it is pretty unlikely that the factory as pumped out 100,000+ units. Therefore mine is more likely the 17,176th, so 7k would represent closer to 40% of total production. This is all still assumption since we don't have a lot of facts to work with.

Just thought I'd share. I hate to leave things unresolved or misleading.

Myself (and everyone else I'm sure) I'd like to know what changes, if any, is done to the swing arm. Bearings, beefed up, etc. I would think accessories attached to the swing arms remain the same.
    I reserved my place in line for the recalled parts at my dealer yesterday. They also said their inventory on hand is on a "no sales" position until all recalls are done on them. So will dealers get first shot at replacement parts over previous owners? This may be why we're being told February. Anyhow food for thought.

Dealers will probably fix in-stock units first since they are on a no-sale status. They are losing money on units they can't sell, so I would expect unsold stock takes priority.

On another note, does anyone know what size socket the double nut uses? I'm going to modify my axle nut lock to dress up the double nut.

Confirmed; double nut is 1 3/4". I just measured it on mine.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

Edited 3 times, last by Gadgeteer ().

• To put that number into perspective, my Blue Fire LE, delivered back in May was #7176, if I'm reading the VIN correctly. If so, then 7k equals about 95% of all units produced to date.

Ok, looks like I was not reading the VIN correctly. I was told the last 4 digits are the serial but according to official standards, the last 6 digits are reserved for the serial number on all vehicles. I can confirm since my old SL, from 8/2015 was #107763 and my new LE is 117176. General consensus on the SS forums seems to agree that the 1st digit can be ignored, for now, since it is pretty unlikely that the factory as pumped out 100,000+ units. Therefore mine is more likely the 17,176th, so 7k would represent closer to 40% of total production. This is all still assumption since we don't have a lot of facts to work with.

Just thought I'd share. I hate to leave things unresolved or misleading. :D

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Well shit, I don't understand this at all.....

I finally just got my notification letter from Polaris yesterday, and the only things on the letter were the swingarm, and the fuel line issues.

However, when I log into Polaris and search my vehicle, I have the swingarm, the fuel line, the brakes, the headlights, and .....well something else....I can't remember at the moment.

So I am left feeling a bit confused.

I also had the distinction made on the swingarm of "inspect & replace if necessary" in my letter....

bah.....

• I still haven't received anything from the mothership about the recalls, even though there are four listed on ride command. My dealer, Reading Standard Motorsports, has done the right thing and ordered parts but has no idea when they will arrive. ;(X(

2016 Bluefire LE, the fastest color. :D:BLUESS:

• I still haven't received anything from the mothership about the recalls

I haven't either, but my dealer has the parts on order for the 3 fixes I need....... I imagine it will arrive after the work is completed, in typical Polaris fashion....... (Along with another stupid "we value you as a customer- spend $100, and get $10 off" flyer.........)

• I still haven't received anything from the mothership about the recalls, even though there are four listed on ride command. My dealer, Reading Standard Motorsports, has done the right thing and ordered parts but has no idea when they will arrive. ;(X(

Yeah, I stopped by the dealer today to go over this with them. Given our weather up here, they are already planning to only do these repairs next spring.

I told him to keep on them for the repairs and I will get my sling over to them during the winter, even if I have to ride it there. -30 might be a bit chilly for the ride, but I'll be damned if I'm willing to wait during the riding season for them to get it done.

• That is why, hopefully I am number on there list. I hope that is not a bad thing and they will have already done a couple of their for sell SS"s first, so that they will know how.

At mine, their Slings are all put away and their Sleds are out front. And I know I am #1 on their list already. :)

• I just got off the phone with my dealer. Still waiting. I asked, if they come in, can I send them down South so you guys can ride? His response was no and I think he wants me in a straight jacket! My sling is put away, thought it might help someone, sorry. :(

• Polaris is probably tracking recall parts by dealer volume and given Polaris'' great organizational capabilities

Yes, this is a true statement, based on what my dealer told me...... long & short of it- smaller dealerships are at the back of the boat- those who have a high volume for the mothership get preferential treatment, dealers with lower sales levels get screwed...........I can tell you that Canada has as good a chance of getting recall parts as I do..... :cursing:

• "inspect & replace if necessary"

I have the same quote in my letter. How does a dealership inspect and replace IF NECESSARY. Maybe use that old xray unit in the back of the shop or bring in a trained dye penetration tester? Seems like Polaris is tossing a lot of legal ramifications onto the dealers. Who is at fault if a previously inspected - and passed - swingarm fails and causes a lot of damage? Maybe they are just doing a cya to avoid a class action and are replacing all swingarms ( I hope)