CRAZY A__ NEIGHBORS!

• I'm so sorry that all who live on this road have to go through this.
    Never ceases to amaze me that the majority suffer for the few.
    I hope it all works out and never occurs again.
    Otherwise I would consider harassment charges toward your crazy neighbors.

• Its unfortunate but you cannot reason with the insane and/or incredibly misinformed. I have some pretty good stories of my own but won't clutter up this thread with them. Our second home was located on a shared driveway, we lived there for 9 years and the only words to adequately describe that experience was "it sucked."

I have also been in enough of these situations to form the opinion that it is far from the "few that ruin it for the many." This population of idiots and a-holes with zero common sense seems to be expanding at an exponential rate. I fear they have become the many that are ruining it for the few.......

I wish you the best of luck in resolving this one with as little lost sleep and income as possible. The real issue is until they are gone or until you leave the problems will never end....

• The law is a very fickle thing. I once had a case where a fairly wealthy decedent did not particularly care for any of his family and was either crazy or sly beyond belief. He left his entire estate to the Arch Angel. Try locating him or her, proving they did not or will not exist. Took almost 2 years to resolve the monetary part of the estate - the real estate cloud on the title remained unresolved for long after that.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Its unfortunate but you cannot reason with the insane and/or incredibly misinformed. I have some pretty good stories of my own but won't clutter up this thread with them. Our second home was located on a shared driveway, we lived there for 9 years and the only words to adequately describe that experience was "it sucked."

The county would take this dirt road over, if the residents that live on it, made the necessary improvements (i.e. widened to a two lane, added culverts where needed, made a fire hydrant accessible ), so Im not certain what else to call it, other than characterizing it as a shared driveway, but it is a road recognized by EMS, that is not up to the standards of the county or state road departmant. It used to be a logging trail, and before that, it was the property of the railroad, about 70 or 80 acres, maybe more.

Any good news?

Apparently, the railroad company many many years back, first surveyed by foot with chains and walked off quadrants, and drove 5 ft long axles into sand rock, and deeded it to be sold as individual plots. The road into the quadrants never changed, although this neighbor, as I stated above tried to claim as his land, and tried to sue. In every single survey of this area, the surveyors measure off of the railroad axles. Crazy neighbor is claiming that the axles have been pulled up, and removed at some point, and he owns land past the axle, which cuts into 3 other properties. Steve did retain a lawyer, who we did not know at the time of choosing, that a neighboring lady also had retained him, and the suit spun up after she had a survey done 2 weeks prior to crazy's summons, which he diagreed with, began pulling up her survey spikes, and another neighbor went and asked him, "just what do you think your doing?! You cant do that!" To which he replied,"yes i can, this is my land, and these spikes are on my land." Words was swapped and the crazy old man called the police and had the other neighbor arrested for harrassment... mr. nutcracker also at the same time, was erecting a fence shortly after her survey was done, on the ladies property line. So.... its a big mess, we got dragged into it just by being an adjoining property. Im not real knowledgable of the law, but there is no way possible of pulling up an axle and relocating it, and if the original surveyed quadrants were in fact, sectioned off by those axles, it would be a shut case... right?
    At our (mainly Steves, but I have had an angry man to deal with) inconvenience and cost, steve requested to file a harrassment countersuit against Mr. Nutcracker, and the lawyer advised calling it a "maliciousness" countersuit. Steve had already began keeping a descriptive written journal, of the hours spent gathering documents,
    searching/obtaining lawyer, calls made, and so forth regarding this matter. It is Steves wishes to seek compensation for undue stress, and any and all fees incurred. As Steve told the lawyer, " Im tired of his PRAYING, and me being PREYED upon, and I want it to cost him this time."
    To be continued... Unfortunately.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• @Guardian_Angel sorry you are having such a problem. Case law on property line issues vary from state to state but I can tell you a couple things. Back in the day surveying was not as an exact science as it is today with GPS. Situations like this have arisen many times where the written legal description does not match what is actually on the ground. Not knowing a lot of facts about your case what I can tell you (not sure about your state) is there is a term called adverse possession. Does not matter what the written or survey depicts if a person puts up a fence and it is uncontested for a period of 25 - 30 years and maintains it the property belongs to that land owner. Sounds like you got a mess - if I can help any let me know!

• thanks @Bill Martin
    I do have a question....
    So if the first rudimentary "surveys" breaking up the land into quadrants was indeed marked by the axles...and recorded as such, then who is at fault when 60-80 years later, the land you bought falls into that "more or less" conundrum, and has been surveyed and recorded differently ? Steve is certain that all surveys for our road begin off the same axle.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• It differs somewhat from state to state but lemme ask a quick question. Are there improvements on the disputed property? Need to know cause it makes a difference.

• Im going to assume you mean fences, or barns...and im unsure about the time line here, but the man was trying to erect a fence shortly after pulling the other neighbors newly surveyed spikes up out of the ground.. i have never went any further than our own driveway, I don't even know what the man looks like... im going to say yes, he has barns, a house, and at least partly fenced property.
    In alabama a fence erected and maintained for a period of 5-7 years becomes the legal property line.
    And if the 3rd party involved who confronted him about spikes and fence being put up on the ladys property line did in fact take pictures as he says he did (i dont know, we didnt see the pictures, but thats his side of the story)... is that not a federal offense?
    In complete fairness...... || it does sound like our other neighbors did have disputes and grievances with each other over property lines... HOWEVER, it would be as the summons calls it " hostile possesion of his own property" from the aggrevation of a 3rd lawsuit filed by mr. nutcracker.
    We are not worried that we will be found guilty of anything simply because once you step out of the front yard, or back yard here, you are in dense woods... with drop offs, and 50-60° uphill, or downhill grades. There is nothing but briars, and trees, wild shrubs, hills, and other obstacles....lol the house is completely surrounded by woods, and the only nearly flat land is where the house sets.. and a bulldozer made it nearly flat before steve built. So we have no business, no wrong doings, whatsoever with that man, or any of our neighbors. We keep to ourselves. Whatever troubles the others are having, we haphazardly got dragged into. Hence the reasons for countersuit.

Edited 3 times, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• Now of course I blotted out any identifying markers, but just so you get the picture... the red pin is "home", however home is actually the blue dot. And if you pass our driveway, there is a widow and her sons houses, and Mr. Nut, is at the dead end. Land line connects somewhere in the woods...
    We dont go in the woods. Hyenas, coyotes, deer, snakes..... varmin of all colors shapes and sizes... but yeah, we plant corn and stuff in there, have us a good time. Mmmmhhhmmmm.

• The plaintiffs argue that they own land five feet east of the southeast quadrant stake. All surveys in this quadrant are based off that stake. The land deeds started with the railroad who did the surveys and are 40 acre based. Our land is located to the north and they are not arguing the northeast quadrant stake. I feel somewhat protected because there exist a fence down my boundary since before my survey in 1994.

My take on all this... the deeds as original were filed by railroad based on surveys of that time. Quadrants were marked by old axle stakes. Right or wrong, that is the land. Plaintiffs will have to prove the stake wrong or was moved. Five feet east of the southeast stake will be almost nill on the angle as it approaches the northeast quandrant stake where my land is located. The fence that has existed since before my deed can not be argued. I have not made any improvements, harvested any trees, or planted within 15 feet of the boundary line. That the plaintiffs have accused me of malicious tresspass, theft, singularly or in collusion, and documented such in written complaint and filed without proof... is basis for my countersuit.

Where are we currently... the lawyers have it.

Kinda like, anesthesiologist has just hit me and i won't even see the doc.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• (I apologize in advance for this post - I realize this is serious business & very distressing to @Guardian_Angel & @airoutlaw, who I think are totally awesome people & who don't deserve this crap from a POS neighbor. Just trying to give you some comic relief...)

Perhaps the issue is that the "Axl Rose"...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014