Today, I Got Rocked!!!

• Decided to take the long way home from work in the SS. Dropped in behind a full-size Chevy hauling a trailer full of lawn equipment. All was going well until he decided to swerve onto the soft shoulder and launched a barrage of small rocks at me and the Sling. The SS faired better than me. If you have ever had a facial, using a needle-gun, you know what I mean. I slowed up to put some distance between us, and triaged my injuries. No broken skin, but hella' stings!! Tooling along, I caught up to him again. This time, he swerved to the left, into the turn lane, and sprayed me again. I'm not a rocket scientist, but I know when someone is being an ass. This time I shot around the right side, and got out of there. Thinking nothing of it, I pulled into a gas station a few miles down the road. Wouldn't you know it!!! Beevis and Butthead also pulled in. When the both of them got out of the truck, I seriously contemplated my options...Virginia IS an Open-Carry state...and I exercise that Right quite frequently. No sooner did they get out of the truck, when Virginia Beach's finest pulled in behind them. They saw what had conspired, and after the second "road-blast", they decided to follow, observe, and initiate a stop on the truck. Saved by the bell! Love our local LEOs!!! My face still feels like I got stung by a thousand bees...but I'm not hanging out with Jimmy Hoffa nor spending the night in the "crossbar hotel. All in all, it was a good day. Next time any of you see me, make sure to compliment me on my facial!!!! =O8o

• Holy crap! Sorry this happened! Yes, unfortunately, this crazy world has some bad people in it. Fortunately, there's also some TOP SHELF people, many of whom are on this very forum... (I posted an example just today)

Another abduction attempt on my pretty neighbor lady across the street today. I heard her scream & came running out of my house, Glock .45 in hand & the bastards hauled ass but I couldn't catch 'em... Unfreakingbelievable!!! :00007991:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Decided to take the long way home from work in the SS. Dropped in behind a full-size Chevy hauling a trailer full of lawn equipment. All was going well until he decided to swerve onto the soft shoulder and launched a barrage of small rocks at me and the Sling. The SS faired better than me. If you have ever had a facial, using a needle-gun, you know what I mean. I slowed up to put some distance between us, and triaged my injuries. No broken skin, but hella' stings!! Tooling along, I caught up to him again. This time, he swerved to the left, into the turn lane, and sprayed me again. I'm not a rocket scientist, but I know when someone is being an ass. This time I shot around the right side, and got out of there. Thinking nothing of it, I pulled into a gas station a few miles down the road. Wouldn't you know it!!! Beevis and Butthead also pulled in. When the both of them got out of the truck, I seriously contemplated my options...Virginia IS an Open-Carry state...and I exercise that Right quite frequently. No sooner did they get out of the truck, when Virginia Beach's finest pulled in behind them. They saw what had conspired, and after the second "road-blast", they decided to follow, observe, and initiate a stop on the truck. Saved by the bell! Love our local LEOs!!! My face still feels like I got stung by a thousand bees...but I'm not hanging out with Jimmy Hoffa nor spending the night in the "crossbar hotel. All in all, it was a good day. Next time any of you see me, make sure to compliment me on my facial!!!! =O8o

To be clear, I'm liking this for the happy ending and the OC component to it. Where was this? Glad it ended well.

• Holy crap! Sorry this happened! Yes, unfortunately, this crazy world has some bad people in it. Fortunately, there's also some TOP SHELF people, many of whom are on this very forum... (I posted an example just today)

Another abduction attempt on my pretty neighbor lady across the street today. I heard her scream & came running out of my house, Glock .45 in hand & the bastards hauled ass but I couldn't catch 'em... Unfreakingbelievable!!! :00007991:

When you say "another" abduction attempt....WTF is going on in your neighborhood, man??

• When you say "another" abduction attempt....WTF is going on in your neighborhood, man??

I honestly don't know - it's been a good neighborhood but someone has it in for my neighbors (same people). Don't understand it, they're some of the nicest people I've ever known. Last night they broke into their house WHILE THEY WERE THERE! Her husband heard them, grabbed his gun but they heard HIM & hauled butt out of there. They had found his cash stash too but luckily dropped it in their haste to avoid being shot. I think I'm going to be awake all night tonight (going to keep an eye on their home)...

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• To be clear, I'm liking this for the happy ending and the OC component to it. Where was this? Glad it ended well.

If you are familiar with Mount Pleasant, near Bergie's. That was the first shot. The second happened at the intersection of Princess Anne and Mount Pleasant. I love that area, just because I was once stationed at NALF Fentress. Luckily, this has not soured my taste on wanting to keep riding in that area.

• She is a mother of 4 children (& they're GOOD kids too - polite & respectful). She is extemely pretty - that is her only "crime" that I can think of.

• If you are familiar with Mount Pleasant, near Bergie's. That was the first shot. The second happened at the intersection of Princess Anne and Mount Pleasant. I love that area, just because I was once stationed at NALF Fentress. Luckily, this has not soured my taste on wanting to keep riding in that area.

Bergie's Breadbasket? Love that place. Good road, sucks you had that experience. Gotta keep an eye on them country boys in their trucks...

• I honestly don't know - it's been a good neighborhood but someone has it in for my neighbors (same people). Don't understand it, they're some of the nicest people I've ever known. Last night they broke into their house WHILE THEY WERE THERE! Her husband heard them, grabbed his gun but they heard HIM & hauled butt out of there. They had found his cash stash too but luckily dropped it in their haste to avoid being shot. I think I'm going to be awake all night tonight...

This type of activity occupies my mind every once in awhile. I truly don't think my little cul de sac (sic) has anything to worry about. When my wife and I head out for a day at the range, it looks as though we are heading off to war. We have plenty of toys!!!! :thumbup:
    But seriously, has this been an ongoing thing, or are these just isolated incidents? An unmarked patrol car would be a nice thing...better than a night light!!!

• Bergie's Breadbasket? Love that place. Good road, sucks you had that experience. Gotta keep an eye on them country boys in their trucks...

When I was at Fentress, we use to jump over to Bergie's in the Fire Trucks. The kids loved it! Still love that area...Blackwater, Land of Promise, Fentress Airfield Road!!!!! I better stop! I'm getting that "I gotta' go for a ride" feeling!!!!

• This type of activity occupies my mind every once in awhile. I truly don't think my little cul de sac (sic) has anything to worry about. When my wife and I head out for a day at the range, it looks as though we are heading off to war. We have plenty of toys!!!! :thumbup: But seriously, has this been an ongoing thing, or are these just isolated incidents? An unmarked patrol car would be a nice thing...better than a night light!!!

Here's what's crazy - a BUNCH of cops live in my neighborhood, including city, county & state! It's just my neighbors "they" are after & I don't get it as they're wonderful people. I too am heavily armed & have a kickass alarm system so not worried about me but I'm worried for them. Just spoke with the husband earlier this afternoon & recommended he tell his company what's going on & to get him a job in another state; he agreed & his company is supporting him so they'll be out of here in 2 or 3 days. They will be spending their nights at a friends' house until they leave...

• Here's what's crazy - a BUNCH of cops live in my neighborhood, including city, county & state! It's just my neighbors "they" are after & I don't get it as they're wonderful people. I too am heavily armed & have a kickass alarm system so not worried about me but I'm worried for them. Just spoke with the husband earlier this afternoon & recommended he tell his company what's going on & to get him a job in another state; he agreed & his company is supporting him so they'll be out of here in 2 or 3 days. They will be spending their nights at a friends' house until they leave...

They are lucky to have you as a neighbor. Good looking out!!!!

• Glad you're ok and yes in my past 20 years commuting on 95 to DC each day for a round trip of 126 miles, I've had that very same experience. OUCH! It does sting...

Saw a tractor trailer today swerve right to prevent a merging car get in front of him, so the car slows down, goes left and since the truck is in the merge lane, starts to head for the fast lane, and the truck swerves again to cut him off, even entering the fast lane!
    What an Idiot!

So be careful out there everyone, and do NOT get into a road rage, it ain't worth it....

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84