Murphy , NC Ride November 11th and 12th Not Just a Guy Trip

• I don't want to give the impression that I am in any way anxious but..............
    The SS is loaded in the trailer all the dead mushed bugs are washed of the trailer and the truck, truck is full of fuel and pointed in the right direction. The dog has already figured out that he is getting dropped off at camp tomorrow at 7am.
    See you guys late afternoon. You all drive safe!

I love that trailer. So jealous. But alas, I am lacking the space, money, and time to properly utilize it.

• I love that trailer. So jealous. But alas, I am lacking the space, money, and time to properly utilize it.

Thanks for he compliment.
    Box trailers are always handy to have. You would be surprised to find out how many friends you have when they need something moved.
    But then there is family like you. Who I would always be happy to help in a heartbeat!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @MACAWS, I've never noticed your rear end. . . Or maybe I have but was too shy to comment on it (yeah, I'm leaving that statement like that. . . Go ahead! I'm secure. . . ) :00008084:

. . . But. . . (oops , did it again) . . . Anyway, what size is that tire, what fender is that, and would it all work with the Welter Performance Dual Exhaust ?

Thank ya sir!

Edited once, last by MiM ().

• I don't want to give the impression that I am in any way anxious but..............
    The SS is loaded in the trailer all the dead mushed bugs are washed of the trailer and the truck, truck is full of fuel and pointed in the right direction. The dog has already figured out that he is getting dropped off at camp tomorrow at 7am.

Have fun and be safe @MACAWS. Wish I could be there with all of you. Wanted to see if I can drive the twisties. guess we will find out in Maggie Valley.

• @MACAWS, I've never noticed your rear end. . . Or maybe I have but was too shy to comment on it (yeah, I'm leaving that statement like that. . . Go ahead! I'm secure. . . ) :00008084:

. . . But. . . (oops , did it again) . . . Anyway, what size is that tire, what fender is that, and would it all work with the Welter Performance Dual Exhaust ?

Thank ya sir!

Well @MiM at my age I am always flattered when someone admires my rear end.
    The rear tire is actually a stock size on a stock base rim. Tire I am using is BFG G-Force Comp 2 - Summer formula 265/35ZR18
    Fender is from Metricks - does it make my rear look big? I am not sure about its compatibility with Welter but I bet they would know.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• The SS is loaded in the trailer....

Welp. Picked up the trailer this afternoon, pretty nice car hauler. Didn't get it loaded until after dark, so I don't have pictures (and I don't have pics of the QA-1s yet, either), and I have to go back out and strap it down and clean out the truck. It fits fine, but my dumb ass rubbed the passenger side wheel rim on the metal rail of the trailer as I was loading it, and left a nice ugly scar on the face of the outermost edge of the rim. I'm beyond fucking pissed at myself. When I offload, I'm taking off the goddamn rail - I should have done that to load. I fuckin' know better. :00000003::00008862:

Hopefully I can finish getting this thing loaded tonight and tomorrow so we can get out of here late morning and get an hour on the road before lunch. Which means arrival and offload in the dark again - fuckin' hooray.

• Welp. Picked up the trailer this afternoon, pretty nice car hauler. Didn't get it loaded until after dark, so I don't have pictures (and I don't have pics of the QA-1s yet, either), and I have to go back out and strap it down and clean out the truck. It fits fine, but my dumb ass rubbed the passenger side wheel rim on the metal rail of the trailer as I was loading it, and left a nice ugly scar on the face of the outermost edge of the rim. I'm beyond fucking pissed at myself. When I offload, I'm taking off the goddamn rail - I should have done that to load. I fuckin' know better. :00000003::00008862:
    Hopefully I can finish getting this thing loaded tonight and tomorrow so we can get out of here late morning and get an hour on the road before lunch. Which means arrival and offload in the dark again - fuckin' hooray.

Ouch sorry about the rim. Don't beat yourself up I have damaged my rim an my trailer trying to load it solo.
    Don't worry about unloading in the dark we can help you unload in the morning.
    I know a place in Raleigh that can fix the rim - don't let it ruin your weekend.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Welp. Picked up the trailer this afternoon, pretty nice car hauler. Didn't get it loaded until after dark, so I don't have pictures (and I don't have pics of the QA-1s yet, either), and I have to go back out and strap it down and clean out the truck. It fits fine, but my dumb ass rubbed the passenger side wheel rim on the metal rail of the trailer as I was loading it, and left a nice ugly scar on the face of the outermost edge of the rim. I'm beyond fucking pissed at myself. When I offload, I'm taking off the goddamn rail - I should have done that to load. I fuckin' know better. :00000003::00008862:

Or, you know, it could start fuckin' raining before I cleaned all the shit out of the cockpit, and before I got it tied down. At least all the tools were put away. Some of the paper and electronics, not so much. FML.

• Ouch sorry about the rim. Don't beat yourself up I have damaged my rim an my trailer trying to load it solo.Don't worry about unloading in the dark we can help you unload in the morning.
    I know a place in Raleigh that can fix the rim - don't let it ruin your weekend.

We're at 35 Sentry Ln in Murphy. Is that close to where you'll be? What time are we meeting up in the AM?

• Hope all you guys have a great time! If I hadn't already committed to Noel's Toy Run I would be on my way to ride with you folks!! Be safe my friends!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• We're at 35 Sentry Ln in Murphy. Is that close to where you'll be? What time are we meeting up in the AM?

15-20 min to the hotel from your address. With temps forecasted , we will be ready to roll with fuel 9:30 from the Hotel. We can certainly adjust if need be .

• We're at 35 Sentry Ln in Murphy. Is that close to where you'll be? What time are we meeting up in the AM?

We are at the Holiday Inn Express
    130 HOLIDAY DRIVE
    MURPHY, NORTH CAROLINA

Map says you are 11 mile away. We don't have a time set yet but I would guess we would have breakfast and wait for the sun to warm things up a bit. Depending on night time temps could be some frost on the road. Call when you are settled in for the night if we don't have plan by then I will get Colette or Mike to text you once we do.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• We are at the Holiday Inn Express130 HOLIDAY DRIVE
    MURPHY, NORTH CAROLINA

Map says you are 11 mile away. We don't have a time set yet but I would guess we would have breakfast and wait for the sun to warm things up a bit. Depending on night time temps could be some frost on the road. Call when you are settled in for the night if we don't have plan by then I will get Colette or Mike to text you once we do.

Mitch can text if we give him a long enough string and you take the other can with you up to your place !

@KayTwo we have a guy local that can fix the rim also. I use him for rim repair all the time. Just let me know when you get back. Shit Happens brother, but nothing that can't be fixed. Almost impossible to load the Sling on open car hauler by yourself. Have a safe trip down to Murphy, and enjoy yourself. Wish I was going down with all of you.