Sending Out Prayers to All Our SouthEast Coast Family & Friends

• Thank you sir.....lots of people panicking...long lines for gas...no water in supermarkets.....no beer....NO BEEEEER WAIT .......I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!

You can blame that on my brother-in-law. He lives in Melbourne and started hourding all the beer he could find. Goofball says he's going to stay home and ride it out. My wife is not happy.

• We will be thinking about and praying for all of our Florida east coast brothers. Funinthesun, my brother lives in Ormond Beach and he boarded up his house and went to stay with family in Tampa. Looks like a CAT 4 storm in Daytona. Wishing you the best, and keep posting messages so we all know you are ok. CAT 4 is a bad ass storm and I think it is due to hit later tonight, or tomorrow. Still time to get out of town.

• Part of our group is riding it out in a high rise beachfront condo in Daytona Beach Shores. They think it's safer there than possibly getting stranded in traffic on the road out of town. I hope they are right. We are waiting on a couple from Syracuse New York they have decided to avoid the coastal states and swing by our place on the way down. I'll post updates as I get them. DAMN YOU MATTHEW !!! :00000014:

• My Dad had 2 friends that tried to ride out Hurricane Camille in New Orleans in a high rise in 1969. They have not been seen or heard from since. GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THE COAST IF YOU CANT GET OUT OF STATE PLEASE!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• My buddy Rob's house in Spruce Creek ... he needed 27 sheets of plywood but he was only able to buy 12. They were sold out everywhere he went.

Good luck Rob and stay safe. I wish I was there to help

• Yeah I know it's not funny I guess it's my way of not totally freaking out. Been thru many of these creatures in the past. I've erased them from memory. Seen so much damage and loss of life because of these beasts when TDY that my mind refuses to remember. But the SS brotherhood in FL is strong and we are a post or phone call away.
    Thanks all for prayers and good wishes.

• Yeah I know it's not funny I guess it's my way of not totally freaking out. Been thru many of these creatures in the past. I've erased them from memory. Seen so much damage and loss of life because of these beasts when TDY that my mind refuses to remember. But the SS brotherhood in FL is strong and we are a post or phone call away.
    Thanks all for prayers and good wishes.

My biggest concern is when we lose the cell towers to heavy traffic or wind damage and the internet will most likely go dark shortly there after. I don't own a CB radio anymore... :00008862:

• For those of you that this is your first time going through a storm of this magnitude brace yourself for a LONG recovery time frame. If you have evacuated - great - however - have a plan when you return home because it will be much like living in the covered wagon days. I still remember how awful these were - never wanna eat these again

• May the good Lord watch over all of those who have decided to stay. I did that thru a cat 4 storm- Once. The only redeeming factor was that I possibly saved lives of those bailing out of mobile homes too late. They could go no further than my property, due to the road blockage. A house full of strangers, while trees crashed thru my roof, and windows blew out. It was not the hurricane itself- it was the tornadoes it spawned.
    As soon as you are able to post- 2 words is all we are looking for. "We're Safe"

• @NatomasSlingshot1 I can see you know what I am talking about. Words cannot explain the roar of the wind which is deafening! Then when you can actually see the water rising by the minute not knowing how much will come is terrifying!! For anyone riding it out my prayers are with you and buckle up - it's gonna be a rough ride through tonite!