PAINTERS SS ART GALLERY

• Introducing #35 AKA TickBit!
    Meeting @Painter was an amazing experience. We came in with one expectation and one expectation only- It had to be Lime Green. And then his creativity took over! @Painter you are one of a kind with a heart of gold. The video doesn't do this paint job any justice, it really does change as the sun hits it. Didn't have a whole lot of sun during the 300 mile journey home, but times when the sun did come out, it looked completely different. Ah hell, there was one point I thought I was trippin'. :/

And what he didn't show under the hood can't go unrecognized either! Thanks again!!!!

• Introducing #35 AKA TickBit!Meeting @Painter was an amazing experience. We came in with one expectation and one expectation only- It had to be Lime Green. And then his creativity took over! @Painter you are one of a kind with a heart of gold. The video doesn't do this paint job any justice, it really does change as the sun hits it. Didn't have a whole lot of sun during the 300 mile journey home, but times when the sun did come out, it looked completely different. Ah hell, there was one point I thought I was trippin'. :/

And what he didn't show under the hood can't go unrecognized either! Thanks again!!!!

These guys are some awesome folks! The big hug I got made my day!!!!
    Don't be strangers on the Forum... you fit right in!

Meeting people like you reinforces my previous statements about Members in general...... I would trust them!

• @MACAWS you are correct. My wife and three kids were diagnosed with Lyme Disease few years ago. My wife is doing better, but the kids are still suffering with our oldest (15) is classified as having chronic Lyme. It's a disease, if not caught and treated right away, can be very hard to remedy. Making trips to out of state to doctors has been a part of our life for the past several years. Painting the sling Lyme Green was another way to raise awareness.

• @Tickbit should tell you the story. Those little "buggers" can reek some permanent havoc!

Hopefully we can all sit around a fire at the next beg meet as swap tick stories.

I guess we need to put something together soon so we don't' have to wait until SSITS

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @MACAWS you are correct. My wife and three kids were diagnosed with Lyme Disease few years ago. My wife is doing better, but the kids are still suffering with our oldest (15) is classified as having chronic Lyme. It's a disease, if not caught and treated right away, can be very hard to remedy. Making trips to out of state to doctors has been a part of our life for the past several years. Painting the sling Lyme Green was another way to raise awareness.

I woke up one day with a killer headache and 102 fever - thought I had the flu. 3 days later ended up in ICU
    It took them 5 days to figure out I had Add to Erichliosis Chaffenesses. I tested positive for that Lyme and Rocky Mountain Fever.
    Not even Morphine would numb the headaches. I still get brutal headaches but they say it has nothing to do with it.

The worst part was after I got home I had my dog tested since we are always out in the woods together and the poor thing had the same problem but he went untreated until they found out what I had.

Hope you and the gang are on the mend & I hope we get to meet soon. I want to see that green dream up close

Ride Safe
    Sling On

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Wow! Sorry to hear @MACAWS, we definitely know what you have gone and are currently going through. My wife's problems also started with piercing headaches along with bone and joint pain. She said she was hearing a constant sizzling noise (like bacon in a frying pan) in her head that drove her absolutely insane. It took several doctors and ER visits before she was diagnosed with Erichliosis, Bartenella, Babesia, and Lyme Disease. She too still suffers from head aches, light sensitivity and joint pain but doing better over all. Our oldest has a list of symptoms a mile long but the primary ones are bone and joint pain, headaches, insomnia. And our other children have a mirage of symptoms also. It's a horrible disease that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Our dog was also diagnosed with Lyme at 7 months old and was treated immediately after removing the engorged tick with doxycycline and she has never been the same since. We are sure she either has damage caused by Tick Borne Diseases or she still has an active infection.

Hope we get to meet soon too!!

• Ok, y'all are scaring the crap outta me with these tick stories. <X I remember when I was a kid I spent summers at my dad's place, running around the WV mountains with my step-brothers. We didn't have much choice since we were exiled from the house after breakfast (rain or shine) and forbidden reentry until dinner, unless absolutely necessary. Not as cruel as it sounds; five boys, 100+ acres of rolling mountain meadows and woods, big covered front porch, barn, garage, tree house, etc. Anyway, every evening the 'rents would give us a thorough inspection and one or more ticks, each, was pretty common. One time, they even had to pull one out of my ear canal. This was back in the seventies and I don't recall ever hearing about Lymes or any other tick-borne diseases back then. Getting a tick in my ear wigged me out a little, but what you guys are describing is really making me scared to go near the woods ever again. Yikes!

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

I had a feeling it was Lyme's. Tough disease...but finally it is being recognized!