What would you do?

• After waiting 3 weeks for parts and more parts finally got the call to bring in my SS. After them changing the brake pressure sensors and the seals from between the reservoir and master cylinder from a leak they discovered they couldn't get the brakes to bleed. After a phone call to Polaris they were told they have a problem with some master cylinders knowingly doing that. They gave me some options because they didn't have a spare and I elected to pay $60.00 for them to rob a new unit from a 2016. On the way home got the brake fail light several times. I did stop and look at the levels and thought perhaps the rear tank was low. The next day I top up both and take it for a ride to wash it. Well no brake light but when I was washing it I always roll it back and forth to wash the belt and I noticed a chip in the radius of my rear rim. After looking at it closely I can tell it was man made due to the perfect arc of what looks like a wrench jaw in it. It is sharp but only a 1/4 of an inch or 1 cm square. What would you do? Would you bring it up to the dealer or eat it?

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• I would powder coat them red then you could go faster. It is a shame that we have to almost photograph our vehicles each time they go in for service. I know my dealer does a walk around and marks damage but needless to say (especially if you rent a car) they might miss some stuff. I guess you can ask them what happened? I know if it was my parents car maybe black shoe polish??? :thumbsup:

• Up close & personal time with a dremel, fine sand paper and touch up paint is about the best you can hope for right now. But before going that route, I would definitely show it to the service manager and at least give them the opportunity to show what they are made of. It would be awesome if your dealer was a stand-up operation and took credit for their mistake, fixing/replacing the rim at no cost to you, but it doesn't sound like that's the direction this will go. I for one would love to hear that they surprised you and did the right thing!!!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Update I didn't think they would come through so nicely, not!
    Here's the response I got, not exactly making it easy for me.

I have talked to Tony as well as the mechanic, the mechanic doesn't think he marked the rim on your unit. That being said who knows how exactly it happened, in the heat of the moment he may have bumped it with the wrench we don't know, it may have had a rock bounce off of it on the way up.
    The other day you were mentioning you needed a new tire installed what we were thinking of doing for you is giving you the rim & tire of our Slingshot, it has maybe 150 km on it. We would put your rim on our demo slingshot. You would have to cover the tire & labor to install the new tire on your old rim.
    Let me know what your thoughts are.

• Definitely better response than I thought you would get!!! Sounds like a pretty thoughtful way to diplomatically navigate the touchy situation without any party having to admit fault!!
    Ultimately, it still comes down to how you feel they are handling you as a customer. Of course, if you do go with their offer, you still need to make sure they don't scratch, or otherwise damage the other rim when they change the tire!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Definitely better response than I thought you would get!!! Sounds like a pretty thoughtful way to diplomatically navigate the touchy situation without any party having to admit fault!!
    Ultimately, it still comes down to how you feel they are handling you as a customer. Of course, if you do go with their offer, you still need to make sure they don't scratch, or otherwise damage the other rim when they change the tire!!!!

They would be taking the old rubber off of my nicked rim so I wouldn't care what happened to it and they're offering me the 2016 base rear slightly used. The only problem I have is that their base demo is a 2016 and the rims are different to my 2016.

• Make them replace..no doubt! Whenever I go to a dealer I'm a SOB, I tell them my machine is flawless. I but down the hammer and give them things to think about..

Reply sounds fair ....inspect that demo rim :whistling:

I had HD dealer scratch my brand new black Carlini bars, knowing me guy comes right up to me when I go to pick up bike and says there was a big scratch on bars. Now I directly ordered, bars come in a special soft bag & I literally inspected them to a T , not a single flaw!

Mechanic shows me bike/ bars 2" long deep scratch on top area near where he pulled wires through bars..

Long story short they replaced and I was told they never wanna work on my bikes again...

yeah Brothers HD sucks!

I'm bringing Sling in sat for service... Dealer is limited with room, and 1 mechanic on Saturdays running, so you bet service manager will be made aware :D

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Oh Man!!! This going to be EPIC!!!!..........I think this auspicious occasion calls for more than just popcorn.......Caramel Corn it is!!!!!!!