Slingshot Tops and rain...

• just spent about 15 minutes solid in a good downpour. Accident delay on my way to work (might add the only rain in all of the ATL area). I can definitively tell you that if looking for a top to totally cover and keep the rain out than it is going to be hard search. The full enclosed thing that's out will work. Any top that you can get the windshield to reach as close to the leading edge will also be your friend. Side entry is the tough one. The next frame am making is 2.5" wider (at the shoulder) than the one I'm running now. With that said I was still comfortable and only had minimal roll in of water off the top. The driving provided most of my dampness (not soaked ) as I type this getting coffee.

First and foremost all current tops should be considered shades before a rain protector .

For me this is what I will focus on with rain protection a strong 3rd priority just behind easy entry and exit. The added width will help a lot but in the end it's an open air vehicle. Better options in the Automotive world exist for better rain protection but I kind of enjoy the adventure.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @MBMedic thank you but please know that I was in no way trying to promote anything. As I have stated in my thread I have along way to go and do not want anyone thinking it will be to market soon if ever (I'm not a company or have the resources past my garage at the moment).

@Ruptured Duck
    have you considered adopting an Elio like fundraising model? For
    example, start a waiting list on orders with a $300 deposit, and perhaps
    sweeten the pot by offering a 10% discount on the price. That could
    easily raise 10 or 20K. The benefits include more resources, faster
    production, easier to convince suppliers if you can prove demand, and
    it'll give you more incentive to actually get it finished. Many of us would be willing to help you get this together.

• I'm considering it, I had my money down on a Tesla Model 3 but decided it won't be a great fit for my life. I like to road trip too much all year round. But the elio could be an interesting road trip vehicle and great commuter too.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• if you don't want to get wet, then buy slinglines fully enclosed add on

There is no way I am buying that toaster oven. It works for some people but every time I look at it, all I can think is how hot it will be, how bad the fumes from the exhaust will be, and just how terrible it looks on the Slingshot.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• @hurricane I'll answer your question over in my thread. We will keep this one on topic.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: