Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• You do not really need a battery load tester. Either the battery will hold a charge or not. Either the alternator is charging or not. That my friend is what the volt meter is for. Electrical and electronics have paid the bills since 1966.

well, at $30 it seemed like it was worth having - automotive electronics was never my thing - although I was an industrial electrician for several years a very long time ago, but there is a big difference between setting transformers and pulling wire than what goes on in a vehicles charging system. Oh and I will add that having that little meter gave me the information I needed to feel comfortable replacing my last slingshot battery before it actually stopped working - first time in my life I actually didnt have to deal with being stuck someplace with vehicle that wouldn't start - - yea I probably could have gotten a few 100 more miles out of it, but thats okay I would rather avoid getting stuck.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Plus I like tools 😜

• I’ve had vehicles where the lights come on, but there’s not enough juice to click the solenoid or start the motor. I think I’d be trying a lot of different things before I drove 125 miles.😎

Had the battery hooked to a charger and show full charge and keep it on with the 'start' function and nothing.

• The Slingshot,.......or the cute gal in the Service Dept.?

:00000012:

And she is a cute one. Home with the Slingshot running.... Got to Lake Villa 8:00 am Slingshot in the work area at 8:10 and Mark is going thru every thing...the Polaris digital wrench would open up and read anything. Changed couple of fuses and read a little... New battery and it read a little more but would still not turn over and start. Checked sensors --- all good. Pulled the start button...did not have a replacement in stock but it look good. after about 2 hours I decided to head out and let Mark do his thing. Told Chrissy Mark would pprobably have it fixed before I got home. I did stop and had lunch in Wheaton, IL with my Sister.... Chrissy called as we were finishing lunch and said it's fixed. Out of a cluster of 20 wires a mouse eat only one --

power to the starter. About an inch of wire was all he needed for his diet.

Going to have some deterrent products under the hood as well as setting out some traps....do have some mouse poison out. Kept in the same pole barn garage since Feb 2015 and never a problem before.l

• And she is a cute one. Home with the Slingshot running.... Got to Lake Villa 8:00 am Slingshot in the work area at 8:10 and Mark is going thru every thing...the Polaris digital wrench would open up and read anything. Changed couple of fuses and read a little... New battery and it read a little more but would still not turn over and start. Checked sensors --- all good. Pulled the start button...did not have a replacement in stock but it look good. after about 2 hours I decided to head out and let Mark do his thing. Told Chrissy Mark would pprobably have it fixed before I got home. I did stop and had lunch in Wheaton, IL with my Sister.... Chrissy called as we were finishing lunch and said it's fixed. Out of a cluster of 20 wires a mouse eat only one --

power to the starter. About an inch of wire was all he needed for his diet.

Going to have some deterrent products under the hood as well as setting out some traps....do have some mouse poison out. Kept in the same pole barn garage since Feb 2015 and never a problem before.l

hopefully it was a cute mouse 🐭

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Maybe this will help keep the 'cute' little mice out of the Slingshot.

A small package to place under the hood

Spot under hood

hold with zip ties (slip under black frame plastic)

I did trim the zip tie.... I have had this product in the shop (sealed) for a
    while, going to check and see if I can pick up some new. Will also add

this to the same location on the passenger side of the hood. I have poisone

set out and will add a trap or two.

• You could also start up your vehicles in the garage and let them run for a 1/2 hour or so with all the doors shut - - - doing this will gas any mice or other creature that might be nesting in the garage or the vehicles parked there.

My mother did this once by accident when warming up her car in the winter and we later found an entire rats nest filled with dead babies under her washing machine which was in the garage :thumbsup:

• I could have let you borrow my 4 foot long black snake before I evicted him.