Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• back from my 15 day sling trip

excellent time, regardless of the weather.

Other details of the trip

11 Slings took part throughout.

15 days away, 11 days with some sort of precipitation, from mild

to crazy hard rain

The sling group raised some money for the Salvation Army charity in Newfoundland where we were staying by hosting a sling car show and they sold burgers/dogs and had t-shirts from our group ride, along with donations.

visited a daycare and made a lot of kids smile. They got to take pics sitting in our slings.

I rode 6995 km ( 4346.5 miles) in the sling in those 15 days.

No major breakdowns to any of the slings

looking forward to the next big trip, next year.

• PCH Hwy 1 from Santa Cruz to Eureka. A lot of fog today but generally a great ride.

Many years ago, I drove the Pacific Coast Highway from Oxnard (Los Angeles) all the way to Astoria (border between Oregon and Washington). It is one of the most beautiful drives in the world and MUST be put on everyone's Bucket List.

• Excellent fish tacos and chowda!

Going to do the redwood forest today and the skywalk. Yesterday was a 12 hour seat time. I miss calculated the fact that going up PCH all the way would be no greater than 35 to 45 miles an hour. Crazy long day. 900 miles since Thursday morning.😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Don't have the Slingshot, but the family and I are driving to Bar Harbor today.

We started in southern Wisconsin - Drove to Niagara Falls for the 1st night, drove to Salem, MA - spent 2 nights - today Bar Harbor for a week of hiking and seafood!

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• SoCal I'm heading to Modesto with a buddy to pick up a travel trailer he bought. I'm thinking about taking 101 home because we can. I'm looking for the best route to the coast without going through Frisco. Any suggestions?

!😎. 5 South to 152 west to 101 South. 🙂

1 South is closed at Lucia 😡 because of land slides so perhaps take 46 West from the 101 and do the coast from Cambria like we did today. Great alternative! Do the coast!!

WELCOME to the wild Wild West! Drive safe!!

• One morning I went down to the SS to take the cover off and repack for the day just like all the rest on this trip. For some reason it just hit me. I just took a moment to give thanks for being able to do this.
    Time, health, and means haven’t always happened at the same time for us. Having my wife of 37 years as anxious to hit the road as I am is a bonus.

Grateful 😎

• One morning I went down to the SS to take the cover off and repack for the day just like all the rest on this trip. For some reason it just hit me. I just took a moment to give thanks for being able to do this.
    Time, health, and means haven’t always happened at the same time for us. Having my wife of 37 years as anxious to hit the road as I am is a bonus.

Grateful 😎

Thanks to the good lord for sure.
    I have a question, how many miles have you put on your ride since you got this one?

Keep Three Wheels Down

• So met Frank the Tank for lunch. We left out me leading and chose to do some of Copperhead road. So what happens first I almost get hit head on collision. K layed on the air horn they woke up all good. Well then I get to a Cow in the road. Yes I said COW. Then go around a curve and a truck with a trailer broke down……so by this point I’m like wow this just not our day. Pulled over to map out the rest of the day laughed a little leave out again and almost get a head on collision again that’s it time to go home. All is safe but dam.

Did learn something from Frank though he was wondering if I rode the brakes which he knew would be no cause it was happening up hills. He says check the brake light switch on the firewall and we’ll hell I googled that thing and learned stock is problematic and will be switching to mechanical. A lot of these Guys on this Forum know these slings in and out and always amazes me the great community we have.

• So met Frank the Tank for lunch. We left out me leading and chose to do some of Copperhead road. So what happens first I almost get hit head on collision. K layed on the air horn they woke up all good. Well then I get to a Cow in the road. Yes I said COW. Then go around a curve and a truck with a trailer broke down……so by this point I’m like wow this just not our day. Pulled over to map out the rest of the day laughed a little leave out again and almost get a head on collision again that’s it time to go home. All is safe but dam.

Did learn something from Frank though he was wondering if I rode the brakes which he knew would be no cause it was happening up hills. He says check the brake light switch on the firewall and we’ll hell I googled that thing and learned stock is problematic and will be switching to mechanical. A lot of these Guys on this Forum know these slings in and out and always amazes me the great community we have.

If you have a small piece of aluminum (1 x 3 inch) I think. You can make the bracket and buy the switch at any auto parts store. All you need is a file and a drill motor ,also a metal saw of some kind. SlingMods has a replacement for around $90.