Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Well Spring has hit in Maggie Valley !! Me, my bride, Frank the Tank , and his bride all went and rode the Rattler and had lunch in Hot Springs. Hundreds of scooters out and saw 7 other Slings while riding. Now for my bitch (y’all know I can’t not have a bitch) —. what the hell has happened to motorcycle enthusiasts giving each other a quick wave. Out of ALL the waves I gave about 5 scooters and 2 Slings waved back. I always thought that was just a small bond between folks that love being in the wind. Looks like that is another good thing that has gone by the wayside - then on the other hand maybe my grumpy old man can be seen at 70 mph now :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• looking at this I would suggest you really clean that belt and the pulleys - -looks to be very very dusty and dirty and I have found that every time my belt and pulleys get dirty that's when I get the squeal under load

This.

I rarely take my SS onto gravel roads but after I do the squealing is horrible for a couple hours or so. My wife gets really embarrassed by it. On longer trips this is an issue. Close to home I just wash it off. I might start carrying a can of belt dressing on the road. Many have reported good results using it.

• I get it up here riding in all the curves you don’t want your hands off handlebars but on straight aways I just been doin it too long - I’m gonna keep giving a wave - maybe more will return to the old ways !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Well Spring has hit in Maggie Valley !! Me, my bride, Frank the Tank , and his bride all went and rode the Rattler and had lunch in Hot Springs. Hundreds of scooters out and saw 7 other Slings while riding. Now for my bitch (y’all know I can’t not have a bitch) —. what the hell has happened to motorcycle enthusiasts giving each other a quick wave. Out of ALL the waves I gave about 5 scooters and 2 Slings waved back. I always thought that was just a small bond between folks that love being in the wind. Looks like that is another good thing that has gone by the wayside - then on the other hand maybe my grumpy old man can be seen at 70 mph now :00008172:

Bill, it's NOT a bike thing, it's the bikers probably have a thing against WRAPS!! :):):)

When we hit town, we'll have to show 'em all some southern/redneck hospitality. maybe they'

ll come around by the end of the week

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It's annoying when you give a wave and don't get acknowledgement. It's like when you hold the door for someone, and they walk through without any acknowledgement. I SAY SOME WORDS UNDER MY BREATH AND WISH I COULD GET A DO-OVER!

Although I agree with VV11B40 many more bikes on the road today. I always try to wave. Now slings, not as many so a wave is always worth the tradition.

• I wave 99% of the time and around here I would say 75% of the time I get a wave back - usually the ones that dont wave are the young ones on their rice burners - - people closer to my age on cruisers almost always wave if they see me and the motorcycle cops always wave back

slingshots are a very very rare sight here in the valley, but when I do see one they always almost wave back - - - I suspect the ones that don't wave are the people in rentals

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Was out in the Slingshot this am...lots of waves, motorcycles, BMW conv, Porsch conv, than was out this pm with 5 other Slingshots for a little ride and dinner.

• Wife went to a ballet thing with her sister (Thank got for VetTex (free ballet tickets) and her sister for going, burn my eyes ballet not my thing).... She wondered why I was finishing up the wiring on the LED's on sling early this morning... 130pm hits, she leaves, 135pm I pulled out drive on sling. Got a few hours in, was chilly, but oh sooo needed! She joined me for early dinner and it's back in the garage. Supposed to rain tomorrow (praying it does we need it, numerous fires last week just miles from my place), or I'd be out again! She's not a fan of riding when it's not at least over 60....

• About 140 miles today down to Del Mar San Diego through all the back roads.😎

… pulling the sling out early

First stop is at Union taphouse in Del Mar for some gumbo, sausage bacon mac & cheese and a rare burger to die for and honey jalapeño cornbread!

we have a blue healer cattle dog and saw this guy today and the owner said he is a blue heeler crossed with labradoodle. One of the coolest dogs I’ve ever seen! about eight weeks old

saw this awesome beast of a dodge truck!

if anybody wants to come on out to Encinitas and become a lifeguard hang out on the beach and count bikinis they’re hiring!

This falls under the “only in California” category - CBD gummy’s for your pet.. seriously?

and a little local beauty.. all in all an absolutely perfect day!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited 3 times, last by SoCal ().

• BASS ACKWARDS

Wife and I are heading out for a quick 2 day get away to our local mountains - - - I suspect I am one of the only people on this forum that does these things totally backwards from the rest of my friends here

I ride my Slingshot almost every day, its my daily driver and has been for 5 years but when it comes to our weekend drives and getaways like this we take the Volvo

Might be backwards, but then again its going to get down into the 30's up in Big Bear

• And if I remember correctly your lovely wife not a big fan of the Slingshot. Enjoy your weekend.

• And if I remember correctly your lovely wife not a big fan of the Slingshot. Enjoy your weekend.

problem isn’t directly with the slingshot problem is that she hates the sun and even when I had the MeanSling top there was still too much sun for her liking. So she’s fine with short rides after the sun drops behind the mountains but that’s about it :/