New approach for a SlingShot top...

• No "F"ing pressure here at all..... AT ALL!

Thanks @Bill Martin with that said the worst thing I can think of is (1) disappointing you to start and then the rest of the gang. I really, really, really, need to make sure everyone understands what this top is and what the expectations are. At this moment I feel like its suppose to allow everyone who buys one to walk on water.

Remember the price point people and whats its original goal was. A simple quick to remove summer top designed to save your pale butt on those very, very , very hot sunny days. The rest of the year you enjoy the Slingshot as it was intended OPEN AIRED and FREE!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Thanks @Bill Martin with that said the worst thing I can think of is (1) disappointing you to start and then the rest of the gang. I really, really, really, need to make sure everyone understands what this top is and what the expectations are. At this moment I feel like its suppose to allow everyone who buys one to walk on water.

Remember the price point people and whats its original goal was. A simple quick to remove summer top designed to save your pale butt on those very, very , very hot sunny days. The rest of the year you enjoy the Slingshot as it was intended OPEN AIRED and FREE!

Alright fine. So it'll add 45 horse power and 60 lbs of torque. It'll also quiet the cabin to a point that you can listen to the stereo at a low volume. In addition it'll improve cornering ability on the track and mountain roads. So what were you saying again?

JUST WHAT I WANTED

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Alright fine. So it'll add 45 horse power and 60 lbs of torque. It'll also quiet the cabin to a point that you can listen to the stereo at a low volume. In addition it'll improve cornering ability on the track and mountain roads. So what were you saying again?

Well lets see.
    (1) No it will not add HP or Torque , but compared to the other tops it want cost you as much when installed.. 8)
    (2) It does manage air flow so that your head is not getting beaten by the wind and buffeting. The canopy does seem to reflect your music back into the cabin when in place.... :rolleyes:
    (3) the shape of the top does have a down force generating shape sooooooo .... maybe? :thumbsup:

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @Ruptured Duck so to walk on water do I only need one or (2) one for each foot. :D I am looking forward to seeing it in person at SSITS. You just be sure to bring enough to share with the class. ;)

At this time my budget allows for 20 tops at SSITS. Of the 20 we do plan to possible donate one to the raffle (very good cause). That leaves about 18 tops. @Bill Martin has The first top produced already reserved.

After SSITS I will need to reorder based off revenue generated. Depending on demand it might only be another 20. There will just be a possible 3 week back-order after the first run. I do not want to overextend myself to start off with. The first 20 will be a limited run to gauge general interest and evaluate any suggestions presented.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• Is this going to work with an F4+3 windshield and Baker Air Wings?

I want the top, I just wondered if I needed to sell any on my existing add ons...............

Honestly @Maverick5990 i could not tell you 100%. I believe I have accounted for the F4 W/S including the +3 but I just do not have the budget to purchase every aftermarket W/S to make sure. With that i cannot make claims until after SSITS. I'll know a LOT more then.

As for the Air Wings my gut tells me no at this time. On the early prototype @rabtech had to make adjustments to his. Not sure if they were the same design.

I do plan to offer some type of A-Arm mounted deflectors if all goes well.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Honestly @Maverick5990 i could not tell you 100%. I believe I have accounted for the F4 W/S including the +3 but I just do not have the budget to purchase every aftermarket W/S to make sure. With that i cannot make claims until after SSITS. I'll know a LOT more then.
    As for the Air Wings my gut tells me no at this time. On the early prototype @rabtech had to make adjustments to his. Not sure if they were the same design.

I do plan to offer some type of A-Arm mounted deflectors if all goes well.

Thanks and I do understand. I hope you know I am only asking since I do have $700 in these 2 items. Let's check it out at SSITS and see what develops! I didn't mean to open a can of worms.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• At this time my budget allows for 20 tops at SSITS. Of the 20 we do plan to possible donate one to the raffle (very good cause). That leaves about 18 tops. @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft has The first top produced already reserved.
    After SSITS I will need to reorder based off revenue generated. Depending on demand it might only be another 20. There will just be a possible 3 week back-order after the first run. I do not want to overextend myself to start off with. The first 20 will be a limited run to gauge general interest and evaluate any suggestions presented.

Bill Hahn beat me out for the first top
    :00008172:

• I wouldn't say you opened any cans @Maverick5990. You had a valid question. I hope it didn't seem like anyone was upset with you, Nobody was/Is. ;)

DISCLAIMER : Nobody being upset with you was true of this conversation only. In other aspects of your life people may or may not be upset with you. MeanSling(c) and it's affiliates assume no responsibility for others being upset with you in other affairs or in any future dealings with fellow humans.

• no

Thanks and I do understand. I hope you know I am only asking since I do have $700 in these 2 items. Let's check it out at SSITS and see what develops! I didn't mean to open a can of worms.

no can of worms. I would want to know as well and for that reason don't want to promise you or anyone something I cannot confirm. Thats not how customer service or sales should work.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Lol, you remember that one? :) Oldie but a..., well, warning label. ;) 1 month to go Sister. Then we meet again and see @Ruptured Duck s top in person. Staying on topic :D .

Countdown!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I am fortunate enough that I am able to spare no expense when it comes to my Sling. The concept @Ruptured Duck and I discussed probably well over a year ago was so innovative and function oriented that price really was not that much of a consideration. Bringing them to market CONSIDERABLY less than other tops is just a bonus. It's gonna be worth the wait!!!

@Bill Martin, you gonna have it on when you swing up through here en route to MV? My bride wants a closer look - there's a real chance you could be carrying a wad of cash up to MV and picking one up for us.

• @Bill Martin, you gonna have it on when you swing up through here en route to MV? My bride wants a closer look - there's a real chance you could be carrying a wad of cash up to MV and picking one up for us.

GRASSHOPPER!!! "Spare no expense on MY Sling". You and your bride get booze and cigars - plus bringin ya sumthin a little special!!! :thumbsup: