Brighter front lights

• I have a 2016 with projector bulbs. If I want brighter headlights, what would you recommend adding?

LED Headlight Conversion Kit for the Polaris Slingshot
    Canadian Headlight Conversion Kit for the Polaris Slingshot
    Alpha Powersport LED Front Grille for the Polaris Slingshot

• Personally, I had HIDs installed in the Center and outer auxiliary headlights and was happy with their performance. When I purchased the Cycle Springs Canadian Headlights, I also purchased the six LED bulb set from them. The CS Center LED bulbs are 36W each and produce just about the same amount of light as 35W HID bulbs, BUT the LED output spreads more than the HID bulbs I've used. I like the extra light along the sides of the road the Center LED bulbs provide. That said, I might still replace the outer 26W LED bulbs with 35W HIDs since they will provide a little more light output that goes a little farther down the road. Overall, I like the LED bulbs, but since I ride my Slingshot almost exclusively at night, I like all the light I can get.
    55W Hid units will definitely provide the most light, but can provide a relatively heavy load on your wiring. If I understand the Polaris Headlight wiring fix, the Center and Canadian Headlights are both on the Main headlight circuit and the Outer Auxiliary Headlights are moved to the new circuit that uses the old Blower Motor fuse block connections. This means if you are running 6 headlights, you have the Center and Canadian High/Low beam lights on the same circuit, which normally has only the Center headlights (USA) or the Canadian headlights (CA) with the Outer auxiliary Headlights on the newly installed circuit. Running all 6 CS LED bulbs places four LEDs on the main circuit with 2 x 36W and 2 x 26W or about 10Amps. The outer auxiliary headlights have 2 x 26W or about 4.5Amps. Both circuits should be easily able to handle these loads. If you are running four 55W HID bulbs or regular halogen bulbs, then the load on the main headlight circuit (about 20Amps when allowing for the current needed to power the high-beam shutters) is still within the circuit's rating, but is pretty near the maximum for that circuit.
    I rewired my outer auxiliary headlights to use the Fog Light circuit by replacing the fog light connectors with connectors that fit the outer headlights. This circuit is rated at 10A and when running the CS LED bulbs has a load of about 4.5Amps or if running 35W HIDS would have a load of about 6Amps, both of which are comfortably within the circuit rating. Using the Fog Light circuit in this way means I have no load on the wiring that originally fed the outer auxiliary headlights, so I am thinking about changing things so that that circuit can power the Canadian headlights, but I need to figure out how to maintain the dual-beam shutter operation. Such a change would place the Center Headlights on the Main headlight circuit, the Canadian headlights on the original auxiliary headlight circuit and the outer auxiliary headlights on the Fog light circuit. Technically, this last proposed mod isn't really needed since the LEDs I use on the Center and Canadian headlights are still within the main headlight circuit rating.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• The only other thing I might suggest first is to make sure you lights are aligned properly. Mine were horrible. The dealer missed this when they were doing prep and I didn't think to ask in the excitement of getting the keys but by the time darkness hit on that first day, I too figured I needed brighter lights until I pulled up on a wall and saw how out they were

• The only other thing I might suggest first is to make sure you lights are aligned properly. Mine were horrible. The dealer missed this when they were doing prep and I didn't think to ask in the excitement of getting the keys but by the time darkness hit on that first day, I too figured I needed brighter lights until I pulled up on a wall and saw how out they were

@Ross is definitely correct about headlight aiming. My Outer Auxiliary headlights were aimed very much down and towards the center of the road. I didn't originally mind since my Center headlights did a pretty good job of lighting down the road, especially on High beam.
    The outer headlight assemblies mount to the crossbar using a bolt in the bottom center of the assembly. This bolt serves as a pivot point when adjusting the two screws, one on each side of the assembly. Loosening one screw and tightening the other should adjust the assembly left/right. Once the left/right orientation is achieved, the same two screws can be tightened or loosened equally to raise or lower the aim. This process is a complete PITA!
    Once I installed the Cycle Springs Canadian Headlights, I discovered how awkward and difficult it is to properly aim the outer headlight assembly so that both the Auxiliary and Canadian headlights are properly aimed. Even though the outer headlight assembly is designed to handle two headlights, my assemblies are not coherently aimed. If the outer auxiliary headlights are properly aimed, the Canadian headlights are still aimed too low and too much towards the center.
    Once the weather cools down to the point I don't mind working outside, I plan on using small washers to shim the Canadian headlight units to bring them more aligned with the outer auxiliary headlights. I figure I'll probably need some slightly longer mounting screws and will need to place at least 2-3 washers to raise the aim-point of the headlights and will also need to add a few washers to the upper and lower outer screws to shift the aim-point left/right as necessary. If I can find some appropriately sized washers of varying thicknesses, I should also gain some ability to better aim the headlight units. I plan on removing the outer headlight assemblies from the Slingshot to make it easier to add/remove the shim washers to get each headlight as closely aligned with the other headlight in each assembly before reinstalling each assembly for final aiming. Hopefully, I'm not over-complicating the entire process, but since I can't seem to get both headlights to point in the same general direction, this seems (to me) to be the best approach.

• Hopefully, your headlight assemblies will be better aligned than mine were. I haven't read where a lot of folks seem to be encountering the same problems I have. Guess I'm just lucky!
    Slingshotonly.com currently offers the Canadian Headlights with halogen bulbs and switch kit for $119.99 or the complete Canadian headlight kit w/switch wiring and their 6-LED bulb kit for $349.99! That's even less than I paid on sale.

• I literally just had the Alpha LED Grill installed about 3 weeks ago.

Two things....

1) The difference is amazing!! The Alpha team wired it into my high beams, utilizing the center light plugs, (I have a Canadian Slingshot), these things come on and off with my High & Low switch. Absolutely perfect way of incorporating these lights. Pretty sure that the wiring harness allows you to use the plugs and then gives you two more incase you want to / need to use the center lights. @Turbosling could help you here on this info. But, signs are reflecting easily at 1/2 mile.

2) If you have the original lights on your unit, they will cast a yellow beam, the LED grill is a pure & Intense white. You will at some point want to change out your original lights to LED anyway.

But, for a single investment, the light these things give is incredible. Sitting in the seat and looking directly in front of the SS in the mid-day sun, you can still see the lights hit the pavement as just a bit brighter than day. They are insane.

That said.......dims ASAP in city limits, and as soon as you can while on the road. You will get noticed.

• MBMedic, Do you have any pics showing how the Alpha LED Bar performs at night?
    For ease of posting, I use Open Office to embed pictures in a Word or Powerpoint file and then export as a PDF file which can be easily attached to a post. Saves the hassle of maintaining a Photobucket or similar account.

• So, I didn't have any pics, but hell, it's an awesome night. Went out and got them.

So these pics show two instances. Top pic of each page is with low beams. The one beneath it is with both High beams, (Standard lights on a 2016 SL LE) with the LED Grill activated.

Now up close, you can see the expanded visual range with the High beams & LED. Immediately in front, the road is so clear, you can see the crack repairs. The shoulders are very well illuminated for quite some distance.

Way down in the extreme distance, you can see the street signs light up, reflecting the LED lights back. Now, I am afraid I am just not sure how to disable the LED, though in hindsight I could have taken a board with me and simply covered them. However, I can assure you that prior to the LED Grill, signs at the half mile mark did not shine back the way they do now.

Plus, with the added feature of the flood lights to the side, I even managed to catch one of the railway signs reflecting back in one pic

Hardly scientific research, but I love night driving, and I love this LED Grill light! Best purchase ever. I will eventually change out my headlights for LED's as well, just for the clear lighting that will give me all around. But until then, this will do just fine.

Hope it shows what you were looking for.

• I have a 2016 with projector bulbs. If I want brighter headlights, what would you recommend adding?

LED Headlight Conversion Kit for the Polaris Slingshot
    Canadian Headlight Conversion Kit for the Polaris Slingshot
    Alpha Powersport LED Front Grille for the Polaris Slingshot

The Canadian will only help you on hi beam, they are like a run light on lo beam. Of no use at night on low beam.

• I have the Alpha LED Front Grill...it is most definitely bright! Love it! It is wired to my high beams

Could you add a few more details how the lights work such as more light down the road or to the sides, etc?

Thanks.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.