• The bottom line is the ball joints Polaris is using are the cheapest ones they could find, just like the shocks. The sooner someone finds a stronger alternative the better. Otherwise this will be a reoccurring problem just like the rear axle bearings. Hope the vendors are all over this. :/

• Ball joints and rear bearings make me want to start looking for extended warranties as some of us are getting close on the 2 yrs.

Huh. Just had my angle drive replaced after 11 months. $1,539.99 plus one hour of shop time, fortunately under warranty. A sling without a warranty is a parts bike.

Don't pay full price for the extended. 25% off minimum. But, get it.

• Huh. Just had my angle drive replaced after 11 months. $1,539.99 plus one hour of shop time, fortunately under warranty. A sling without a warranty is a parts bike.

Don't pay full price for the extended. 25% off minimum. But, get it.

I think it was FixMyToys who had offered the 25% extended warranty discount on the dark side forum a while back. Any other dealers offering discounts?

• I'm leaving in about thirty minutes to get my balls, oops I meant ball joint replaced I hope it's the one on the right front s it is squeking like a mouse

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• Ball joint replaced (upper) on the left hand side in about 40 minutes. Talked with mechanic who told me the lower ball joints are a "one time pressed in" thus why if you have a bad lower ball joint, the entire arm had to be offeredl ordered with a new ball joint already pressed in.

Also, my squeaking on the right hand side was determined to be the stock muffler. He wasn't sure what to do about it so a West Virginia ride is definitely in order.

Still no joy on a radio fix or my left hand turn signal and my parking brake handle replacement was inadvertently not ordered.

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• Ball joint replaced (upper) on the left hand side in about 40 minutes. Talked with mechanic who told me the lower ball joints are a "one time pressed in" thus why if you have a bad lower ball joint, the entire arm had to be offeredl ordered with a new ball joint already pressed in.

My question would then be ..... why did Polaris supply a lower ball joint for @ethermion when the warranty claim was put in.... or even better why are you able to order the lower ball joint as a separate part ..

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

Also, my squeaking on the right hand side was determined to be the stock muffler. He wasn't sure what to do about it so a West Virginia ride is definitely in order.

Still no joy on a radio fix or my left hand turn signal and my parking brake handle replacement was inadvertently not ordered.

I may be old school but I've never heard of a "one time" pressed in ball joint ;(

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• I think it was FixMyToys who had offered the 25% extended warranty discount on the dark side forum a while back. Any other dealers offering discounts?

Chris Ball is still offering the discount, I believe. It is a Polaris 3 year warranty- good at any dealership, at least in the continental US. (not third party.) HOWEVER, if you have a decent relationship with your existing dealer.........
    On my first ss- bought in Reno. After a few issues, I decided the extended warranty was a prudent purchase. I told the sales mgr. where my ss went for warranty work (CA.), "I can buy it for 25% off, good at any dealership in the US. I would prefer that you make a little money on the deal, since you will be the one doing the service anyway. Will you match the price?" He did, in a heartbeat! All your dealer can do is say no........., and unless he is a horse's butt, he won't.