• I would first get a warranty claim in through your dealer and get replacements coming from Polaris, this costs you nothing but your time. If in the meantime you find replacements on your own you could elect to change them out yourself for safety's sake. Be sure to come back here and post if you find replacements.

I believe @Tango and @Cameron Roberts are waiting for ball joint replacements. Maybe they could chime in.

Sorry everyone, I've been in the Bahamas. So both my upper ball joints were trashed. They were both replaced under warrantee. Maybe it was mental, but I could actually tell a difference in the corners. Seemed less squirrelly to me.

• My new ones should be here by middle of week. I will change them myself and be done with it. I bet there's more people out there with bad ones. I hope I'm wrong. But I bet there's more of us SS owners out there with bad ball joints check them out people before you start eating up front tires or worse.

• Called local dealer talked to regular service guy I deal with. He said couldn't get me in for 4 weeks couldn't start claim without seeing it first. I said OK thanks. He was shocked they were bad and said he hasn't seen any bulletins or emails from Polaris about bad ball joints. He said if they were bad it would be a warranty claim for sure but that's all he could do at the moment. :( I got a couple car shows and some group rides coming up. For me not being down a month to a month and a half is worth fixing it myself.

• @lrobbi dude! Double check them there ball joints. Cameron, DocG and I popped into see dharmab at village at the end of last month. All of us needed ball joints. The Doc 1, Cameron 2, I needed and still need 3!

All of us were surprised.

Hope to see you again when I am back on three wheels, though today was a bit hot, even for me.

• @lrobbi dude! Double check them there ball joints. Cameron, DocG and I popped into see dharmab at village at the end of last month. All of us needed ball joints. The Doc 1, Cameron 2, I needed and still need 3!

All of us were surprised.

Hope to see you again when I am back on three wheels, though today was a bit hot, even for me.

Thanks, I will be checking them this evening ..NLT than Wed. I did not notice anything when me and WraithSS did the Air Suspension...BUT when your not looking for it...its right there in front of you and its never noticed... I will be checking! thanks

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I've got just over 4,000 mile on mine....just checked the upper B-Joints....so far so good....Whew!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• simple test is to raise one side off the ground. Grab the top and bottom of the tire and push in and out (top in, bottom out, reverse, repeat). If you feel or see movement than they may need to be replaced.

Others please correct me if wrong. Have not done it on the new SS and didn't have bad ones on the old one.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Jack up one side grab wheel opposite corners top and bottom and wiggle pretty hard. If there real bad you can hear them click when driving. When you wiggle there shouldn't be any weird movement. They are a sleave with a ball joint in them kinda like a hip socket looking thing. Some Cars, trucks , ATV etc etc have them. They do go bad but shouldn't after 4900 miles.

• As a side note, if you do feel any movement, make sure you actually see the ball joint move. I had some play on the left front wheel at about 6,000 miles.But that play was from a wheel bearing and not the ball joint. Odd since they are a sealed init and failures usually happen to the right side hubs first.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE