• K&N in stock air box

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Sounds good. I'd like to get more airflow, just the decision to go with or without the air box. I know they have a aftermarket air scoop with vents that they advertise as helping to cool the engine compartment, has anyone added one of these also? Thanks for the feedback.

• I initially had the K&N in the stock airbox. It will flow more air but there is till a restriction caused by the accordion type rubber intake tube. You want large solid and smooth with minimal curves for an intake tube so that the air doesn't attach to the sides and cause turbulence (back pressure). Because of the tight hood clearance Polaris compromised the intake. Any of the aftermarket CAIs will give significant benefits. It might make more sense to take the 60 bucks for the K&N and save it toward a CAI. I eventually got the Alpha and wish I had skipped the K&N.

• After doing a little research on the web( ok a lot like several hours) I'm leaning toward the Hahn CAI setup .It seems like a hard choice between that and the Alpha to a lot of people. People seem to have valid reasons for choosing either one. So I will be putting that 60 bucks towards a better purchase. Everyone here that chimed in had some great Q & A's. My thanks to everyone.

• I did the research to choose the Hahn so I didn't actually find a vendor yet. Sorry, so it looks like I will be in the same boat as you. I will start looking for one tomorrow and will post back when I do find one and when you find one please do the same. Thanks

• Slingshot only.com try there.

Just thought I would let you know, Slingshot Only.com now has them in stock. Finally placed my order. Give Jimmy Hamilton a call at 1-(727)-771-1211. If you are looking for the Carbon-Fiber Dipped, you will have to wait an additional week. I got lucky this time. They actually had a gloss red in stock. Shipping today...I should have it by Thursday!!!!!

• Just thought I would let you know, Slingshot Only.com now has them in stock. Finally placed my order. Give Jimmy Hamilton a call at 1-(727)-771-1211. If you are looking for the Carbon-Fiber Dipped, you will have to wait an additional week. I got lucky this time. They actually had a gloss red in stock. Shipping today...I should have it by Thursday!!!!!

Hey @V-SHOT this simple mod to a mod is not necessary but I felt like it made an almost perfect CAI even better.

If you look real close I replaced the the (tube) gasket that came with the kit with a 2 piece gasket I made out of two gaskets that came with a cheap set of round flush mount led trailer lights from Harbor Freight.
    I figured if the top of the air box had a good seal to the hood, which it does. And I had a good seal around the tube I might just get a little poor mans boost from the air that's getting "scooped" up from the inlet around the center headlights. If you go this route you may want to caulk the seam at the bottom of the back of the box as well but be aware this is an outlet for rain water to drain. If you're like me and you don't drive in the rain it's all good. You're going to love the CAI regardless. Nice choice in my opinion. :thumbup:

• Hey @V-SHOT this simple mod to a mod is not necessary but I felt like it made an almost perfect CAI even better.
    If you look real close I replaced the the (tube) gasket that came with the kit with a 2 piece gasket I made out of two gaskets that came with a cheap set of round flush mount led trailer lights from Harbor Freight.
    I figured if the top of the air box had a good seal to the hood which it does. And I had a good seal around the tube I might just get a little poor mans boost from the air that's getting "scooped" up from the inlet around the center headlights. :thumbup:

LOL!!! Great minds think alike!!! I was looking for a way to "pack the gap". It may not produce a noticeable difference, but it couldn't hurt. :thumbup: