Steering Issue - NEED HELP

• Thanks @jorgebri60 for your write up in referenced cross link. After reading all the symptoms you described I guess I'm pretty safe cause I don't show or have sensed that dead spot intensity only the normal slight drift when on the highway. Maybe it's the start of the issue maybe not never the less thanks again for the cross reference.

that's why I recommend having the update done regardless. Mine started like that. Felt like it was drifting. Especially at higher speeds. Can't hurt to do it. This update really dos work.

• that's why I recommend having the update done regardless. Mine started like that. Felt like it was drifting. Especially at higher speeds. Can't hurt to do it. This update really dos work.

Agree 100%!! It only takes 10 minutes if they in a good mood!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I had no dead spot just 1/4 in play at the wheel with engine off (software?) which meant at 70 you were always corrective steering. The shaft going into the steering below was and is solid no play the steering wheel shaft would move on the stationary shaft you could actually see it rock back and forth giving me 1/4 play at the steering wheel while the other shaft remained stationary.

• Does anyone know what functions of the EPS this one addresses?a

Dee, there have been 2 software updates for the EPS - 4/26 & 5/18. This 6/23 update is just the latest one for Digital Wrench (remember that these updates cover multiple vehicles) but if you look at it, it says it incorporates the changes from 5/18. I don't get the perception from the way it's worded that there's any additional changes to EPS. Here it is again:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I had no dead spot just 1/4 in play at the wheel with engine off (software?) which meant at 70 you were always corrective steering. The shaft going into the steering below was and is solid no play the steering wheel shaft would move on the stationary shaft you could actually see it rock back and forth giving me 1/4 play at the steering wheel while the other shaft remained stationary.

I have to agree rayw123
    I am having the same exact issue - and we have been over the steering from top to bottom. you can see the movement at the coupler.
    Going to give your fix a shot when I get home Thursday

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I have to agree rayw123I am having the same exact issue - and we have been over the steering from top to bottom. you can see the movement at the coupler.
    Going to give your fix a shot when I get home Thursday

I had and still have some play when it's off. That never bothered me. The issue with what seemed to be play while driving was the EPS fighting me on center. Once that was resolved, I've been EXTREMELY happy with the steering. They also increased the power assist so it makes it a bit easier to steer even. Than and my new laser alignment thanks to @bigdew have made me a very happy camper as far as how handing and steering are concerned. Highway speeds and long distance travels are less stressful as I don't have to have a death grip on the wheel.

• I will but nothing changed on the outside still using the same 8mm set screw in the same collar that"s welded to the outer shaft. I'll see if I can get pic. for you...

Just an update for everyone wit this issue
    According to Polaris they are working on finalizing a fix for this known issue.
    Fix will be a revised clamp replacing or working in conjunction with the existing clamp. pictured below.
    Rayw123 - thanks for your input and pictures it was a great help communication with my dealer and Polaris

Will keep you posted when I hear some news

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I had that same issue when I purchased a 2016 1/2 sl drove me nuts I fixed the play by following the steering shaft to the place it joined the lower shaft (about 1/2 way down from the steering wheel and where it joined and slipped over the lower shaft found a set screw with lock nut but when I moved the set screw it didn't go through or touch the other shaft so I took a drill bit ground the tip so as not to drill deep into the inner shaft, drilled down to it and place a ball bearing into the hole touching the inner shaft tighten the set screw against the inner shaft totally fixed the problem of play and still have the safety of in a crash the steering should collapse inward thinking ball bearing will give under extreme pressure although not proven (never crashed!) totally fixed the extra play created due to a stamped shaft sliding over a machined shaft with controlled dimensions (Polaris saving money?) anyway fixed my problem have to add not responsible for any experiment or alteration you choose to do just know it works great for me and never had to readjust set screw or lock nut wrote to Polaris with no response and every time I did recalls they would remove my pallbearing and give me my excessive play back? I simplify would reinstall the bearing and tighten my steering back up since 2016. feel free to contact me at rayw123@netzero.net