Thinking about buying a Slingshot...

• Don't know much about these machines...but have always thought they were pretty awesome.

Looking into purchasing one. Have found a couple that I'm interested in. Both are 2016 SR LE models - one has less than 8K miles on it and one has around 30K miles on it.

Anything I should know about these slings or anything I should be aware of? Should I be looking at other years or any years that I should avoid?

Thanks!

• SkiOn1 with that year you get the GM Ecotec engine which is a proven, reliable engine. Obviously, the lower the miles the better as long as it has been well maintained. Give it a good look as to condition and try to get the story if you can. Then pull the trigger - you'll have a blast!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• There are both a blue/white and a white one, very few of the blue and white ones were made. If they were well care for the miles don't mean much. I have a 2016 SL with 107,000+ miles and it run great. The Slingshot with the 30,000 miles might have had better care....wasn't setting around.

• Where are you located?

• My first Slingshot was the 2016.5 Pearl White and we enjoyed it and only had a few recalls, but only put about 17k miles on it before we traded up for our second Slingshot 2018 R ???

Just make sure all the recalls have been completed and you should be good??

• I ride my Slingshot all year long as long as there is no snow on the roads. Dress like your going for a 'snowmobile' ride and have fun.

I'm an avid snowmobiler so probably going to let it hibernate in the garage...but since I like to mod anything and everything I'm sure there will be some mods done in the "off season". :-)

• ConnMan I just told Mrs F that we probably could not afford to go to Florida in Jan 2024....spent to much money getting every thing ready... $3,500.00 on Navigator, $1,000.00 on Slingshot, $600.00 tires for trailer. And thats not counting plates, insurance, gas, food, motels.... Anybody hiring in Port Charolette, FL.

• Before you take a job in Port Charlotte, you might want to consider just how much of that salary would get eaten up just commuting back and forth to Indianan every weekend to see the family

The neighbor across the street has been working for a major contractor for a long time...his last gig was on the east coast, would spend a week in VA and than a week north in NH. Come home for a week end (boss paid) and head back. Finish that project in Aug. Don't know how he is going to handle the next major job...probably 6yrs work (it'll take him past retirement) and it's 6 miles from home. 10 minutes if he drives slow and stops for coffee.

• Just killing a little time this am and went shopping (not buying) on Facebook market place. Looks like a lot of Slingshots with low miles and prices seem to be dropping. Going to be interesting to watch.

I have been watching prices drop a lot. At this rate, I should be able to snag one in a few months and start a new build.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Thanks for all of the help and guidance! I ended up picking up a 2019 SL on Friday with around 16K miles on it. This is how it looks...for now. :-)

Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity". Get lots of seat time in before going to crazy with the mods. So many things we can do to make it ours so don't get in a hurry. My favorite mod is gas for miles of smiles.