My Slingshot just died

• Man! I just saw this thread and first off I feel so sorry for troubles!

Once you get your new motor you probably won’t care much about the old one but it sure would be nice to know what the issue was!

Seems like you have some lazy dealers around you. “Hey- my SS has a worn out tire… oh that’s bad. You need to replace the whole SS!” Ya right!

Telling you what you need to spend and not diagnosing with specificity is shady!

I have found myself in your position before where I’ve come to the forum with problems that seemed insurmountable to me, but we’re common knowledge to others.. It really is quite reassuring and amazing that we have so many people here that are willing to jump in and help.

Lord knows, I have been the beneficiary many many times.

Wishing you all the best and let us know if you’re getting any more insight!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• My engine should be shipped tomorrow to Ride Now Powersports Fort Worth...the place where I bought my Slingshot. When I find out when it's supposed to be delivered, I'll take my Sling there so they can swap engines. I called the dealer in Fourney and I was quoted a price of nearly $1500 to do the engine swap then I call the one in Ft. Worth and was quoted $800...so they get to do it. I figure by week after next, I'll be back driving my Slingshot. YEA!!!

• My engine should be shipped tomorrow to Ride Now Powersports Fort Worth...the place where I bought my Slingshot. When I find out when it's supposed to be delivered, I'll take my Sling there so they can swap engines. I called the dealer in Fourney and I was quoted a price of nearly $1500 to do the engine swap then I call the one in Ft. Worth and was quoted $800...so they get to do it. I figure by week after next, I'll be back driving my Slingshot. YEA!!!

$800 is a fair price. Glad to hear you worked out a plan to get back on the road!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• $800 is a fair price. Glad to hear you worked out a plan to get back on the road!

......well after removing my engine because I blew up the clutches, I must say $800 isn't a fair price for that job , it's a GREAT price, no way I'd do it again for someone under 1k at least .......IJS

• I finally got the email that my engine has been shipped and will be delivered this Friday (8/4). If everything goes as originally planned, it will be next Wednesday (8/9) before I can get my Slingshot to the dealer.

• Tomorrow my Sling should be delivered to the dealer for the engine swap. The price keeps going up, it started at $175, then $200 which was still OK. Now it's up to $400 because the drivers want an extra $100 each. Since I can't load it by myself and no one to help, I'm stuck paying the extra. I don't know when they'll be able to get to it at the dealership because they've had a mechanic out for 2 weeks and they're way behind on repairs. I'm hoping they don't raise the price of the swap too much but I do expect it to go up some due to unforeseen things.

• There’s a special place for people who take advantage of others vulnerabilities when they’re in a difficult situation. 🔥

Set your price and do as you say.

BECAUSE THE DRIVERS WANT AN EXTRA $100 EACH. SINCE I CAN'T LOAD IT BY MYSELF AND NO ONE TO HELP,

• There’s a special place for people who take advantage of others vulnerabilities when they’re in a difficult situation. 🔥

Set your price and do as you say.

BECAUSE THE DRIVERS WANT AN EXTRA $100 EACH. SINCE I CAN'T LOAD IT BY MYSELF AND NO ONE TO HELP,

That reminds me of last December when my water main broke in the middle of the night. The water was coming to the surface right next to the foundation of the house (and my 400 amp electrical service) at my garage wall. It turns out they ran it under the garage slab to the crawl space beyond. I called out a plumber and he said since they couldn't tell if the break was under the slab, they could replace my entire line for $10k :huh:(it's 350 feet from the meter to my house). I pointed to my excavator nearby and mentioned I could do it for a lot less. He said that they have a directional driller so they wouldn't make a soupy mess of my field and would be able to drill under the slab. I declined and proceeded to dig up the line where the water was surfacing. I exposed a break outside the foundation (thank God). I bought the appropriate union and cut the pipes for installation, then decided my plumbing skills didn't offer me the confidence of repairing my main. I called the same outfit back and told them we have a new program. I have exposed the break and just need someone to patch it for me. Their response? They said they could lower the price of a line replacement to $7,500. My response? I told them that they were trying to gouge me an extra $2,500 when I was down in the middle of winter, but now that I know the problem they are willing to gouge me 'just' $7,500. The rest of the conversation is not repeatable (I'm not a charitable man in these situations). I called another plumber who came out that day and patched it for $250.

Scanman if loading can be done by 3 guys, could you round up a couple buddies to help you and keep your $200 in your pocket?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I had the same situation with a slab leak. They came out and reran a pipe for my water heater took them a total of four hours to do it and charged me $2500 for 10 feet of copper pipe.

I asked if I needed a faucet replaced would I be charged $625 an hour - no response.

• That reminds me of last December when my water main broke in the middle of the night. The water was coming to the surface right next to the foundation of the house (and my 400 amp electrical service) at my garage wall. It turns out they ran it under the garage slab to the crawl space beyond. I called out a plumber and he said since they couldn't tell if the break was under the slab, they could replace my entire line for $10k :huh:(it's 350 feet from the meter to my house). I pointed to my excavator nearby and mentioned I could do it for a lot less. He said that they have a directional driller so they wouldn't make a soupy mess of my field and would be able to drill under the slab. I declined and proceeded to dig up the line where the water was surfacing. I exposed a break outside the foundation (thank God). I bought the appropriate union and cut the pipes for installation, then decided my plumbing skills didn't offer me the confidence of repairing my main. I called the same outfit back and told them we have a new program. I have exposed the break and just need someone to patch it for me. Their response? They said they could lower the price of a line replacement to $7,500. My response? I told them that they were trying to gouge me an extra $2,500 when I was down in the middle of winter, but now that I know the problem they are willing to gouge me 'just' $7,500. The rest of the conversation is not repeatable (I'm not a charitable man in these situations). I called another plumber who came out that day and patched it for $250.

Scanman if loading can be done by 3 guys, could you round up a couple buddies to help you and keep your $200 in your pocket?

....man you brought back some memories......had my main water line snap when my house shifted over 20 years ago.....called some plumbers they said a couple thousand to dig the hole and locate the leak........i said ok & went and bought a few shovels and a few 6 packs and with the help of my ex partner, we found the leak with 2 days of digging and made the hole big enough so I could get down in it and repair the leak.....needless to say haven't had an issue with that water line since & when the water dept came to place a new seal on the water meter , they asked who did the work (because it's supposed to be a LICENSED plumber) I told them I did it because the new water line couldn't be ran under the house so I rented a drill to go thru bedrock and ran the line thru my garage to the water meter) the water dept said "Nice Job" and placed the new seal on the meter......and I saved a couple thousand.......

• I got a call from the dispatcher and he said I needed to send $275 to the driver. I told him I have PayPal but the driver only uses Zelle or CashApp. I proceeded to load Zelle on my phone and get it set up. Meanwhile, the driver is upset because he says I'm wasting his time and he wants $300 instead of the $275 listed on the contract and if he doesn't get it soon, he won't unload my Slingshot. My credit union doesn't work with Zelle and I couldn't get it to send the money. Then I installed CashApp and while I'm getting it set up, the driver says he wants an extra $50 for his time. Once I got set up with CashApp, I was able to send the $275 and was told everything was cool. That whole ordeal was getting stressful.

So now my Slingshot is at the dealership where they're about a week behind and I'll be waiting for a call when it's ready.