Has anyone had the control arms powder coated?

• I want my control arms powder coated. After doing research on removing the ball joints I discovered that the lower ball joints are nonremovable and if need replacing that a whole lower control arm needs replaced. They are pressed in for single use. Has anyone had one powder coated and did the ball joint make it through the oven ok?

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• I want my control arms powder coated. After doing research on removing the ball joints I discovered that the lower ball joints are nonremovable and if need replacing that a whole lower control arm needs replaced. They are pressed in for single use. Has anyone had one powder coated and did the ball joint make it through the oven ok?

Blaze drive the Slingshot out to Bob Payne's powder coating on Hyw 2 about 700 west and talk to Bob.

I don’t think you can powder coat it with ball joints in it, because the temperature for powder coating is 350-400 degrees Fahrenheit

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I'm pretty sure that the rubber will melt to the actual ball inside then crack down the road. I already had them painted about 5years ago but they are now full of chips. I have seen this really hard caliper paint. I think I'll try that.

Why would allow the top ball joint to be changed but not the bottom. Makes no sense using such inferior parts.

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• The high temps involved with powder coating may alter the temper of the parts -- if they were tempered. You wouldn't want control arms going soft. Although great protection from corrosion, paint may also obscure cracking. These are very lightweight aluminum parts.