Bubble Windscreens

• I saw a couple Slings with Bubble Windscreens, not really sure if that what they're called?

Kinda gave it that Batmobile look from the TV show...

I checked out some of the info on the site, nothing really concise in one place...

Other than they look Cool! What are some of the Pros and Cons? Likes and Dislikes? Soon, I would like to add the T-top cover.

I've been just enjoying mine as it is before jumping down the rabbit hole...

What are some of the more trusted places to check out and maybe get this?

• If you are in a hot/warm climate, I highly recommend the double bubble wind screens. They allow a lot more air into the cockpit. I would not recommend them if you plan on a lot of interstate hwy riding without a full face helmet.

I got my double bubbles new off ebay and love them. Probably the best thing I bought for the sling. Also, if hot weather riding a lot, get the Ventisit seat cushions. :)

• I have the OEM double bubbles that Polaris sold back in the early Slingshot days, I believe they came as original equipment on the 2015 orange madness special addition of the Slingshot - - anyway I love mine, got rid of the standard windshield and installed these to get better airflow - I live in Palm Springs CA in the desert and when we have highs in the 100's and as high as the low 120's getting all of the air I can is an absolute must - and on the bright side back when I got these dealers were unloading them at really great prices, I got the entire kit with both windshields and all of the mounting hardware of around $60 if I remember correctly

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Nice!...the ones I'm seeing available go from 60 Dolla to a couple Hunnert Dolla to north of 5 Bills?

Why such a wide discrepancy, is it a case of u get what u pay for or is there that much mark up?

Anyone know if u can get them tinted or smoked?

• Hope you will be able to make it to SSITS 2023 --- Maggie Valley, NC. There will be probably 500+ Slingshot there during the week. You will see thing that will make your wallet 'cry'. Lots of different things that you can do with the slingshot. Again get some seat time in before going to crazy with changes.

• Nice!...the ones I'm seeing available go from 60 Dolla to a couple Hunnert Dolla to north of 5 Bills?

Why such a wide discrepancy, is it a case of u get what u pay for or is there that much mark up?

Anyone know if u can get them tinted or smoked?

Whatever you chose ..

For your consideration.

.......... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Would windscreen replacement and double bubble installation be something common sense, well, it ain't so common anymore...would it be something Rare Sense could do in the garage. Or, would professional installation be advised, or required?

• There are two types of doubles. The OEM Polaris double bubble and the Madstad duels. The Madstads are adjustable for airflow. Depending on year the Polaris set may require drilling a hole in the windscreen to accommodate the rubber hood bumper.

• Would windscreen replacement and double bubble installation be something common sense, well, it ain't so common anymore...would it be something Rare Sense could do in the garage. Or, would professional installation be advised, or required?

Not very difficult, ten minutes unless modifications are needed.

• The double bubbles I got on ebay were new in the box and cost only 70 bucks. Installation was a snap, but I have a 2018. Don't know if things changed with the new model like yours. You should try to hook up with late model owners to see if the units available on ebay will work.

• A lot of the changes --- windscreens / tops depend on what part of the country one lives in and what our needs and wants are. I road Gold Wings for years and always had a bigger than stock and tinted windscreen. When I got my Slingshot I went the same way and than found I wanted some air flow. Added Baker Air Wings to my F4 Custom Tinted 5+ windscreen.

Baker Air Wings adjustable to keep cold out and bring cool in.

• I've been looking everywhere, but I can't seem to find a set of tinted double bubbles?

I do know that Lexan comes from the factory with different color tints.

Thought about getting a couple of the cheaper acrylic to use as a template...

Doubtful that I remember how to form heated polycarbonate, might could find somewhere close that could customize them...

• I've been looking everywhere, but I can't seem to find a set of tinted double bubbles?

I do know that Lexan comes from the factory with different color tints.

Thought about getting a couple of the cheaper acrylic to use as a template...

Doubtful that I remember how to form heated polycarbonate, might could find somewhere close that could customize them...

The Polaris ones were not tinted. Madstad has several different levels of tint.