Tire Pressures

• What tire pressures are y’all running?

I have 245/35/20 on the front and 315/30/20 on the back.

Do y’all increase or decrease pressure for city or country driving.

We are headed for the Ozarks soon so I wanted to get your opinion on the pressures

Thank You!

Rocky

• I'm running 28 all around. Much lower than that and you risk bending a rim on rough roads.

I'm running a little lower profile than you so 28 should keep you safe but factory recommends higher and if you do lower pressures it's at your own risk.

I know someone who bent a rim running 26 so keep that in mind, and when traveling you can't predict road conditions.

• I'm running 28 all around. Much lower than that and you risk bending a rim on rough roads.

I'm running a little lower profile than you so 28 should keep you safe but factory recommends higher and if you do lower pressures it's at your own risk.

I know someone who bent a rim running 26 so keep that in mind, and when traveling you can't predict road conditions.

where would I find factory recommendations? The tires say a max of 50

• Where in the Ozark mtn y’all riding. There are two of us forum members in Rogers

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I am running the stock factory size tires, 225 45 18's on the front and the 255, 35 20 on the rear. The sticker on the driver side frame says I should run 28psi front and 32 rear. I usually just keep them all at 30 psi

As a side note - thank you for posting this - reminded I needed to go and check mine and they all were a bit low 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• The factory tire pressures are locate both in the owner's manual AND the little vin# sticker by your leg every time you get in and out. 28psi front, 32psi rear. You can adjust up or down 1-2psi but stick closer to the factory amounts. NEVER run your tires at max psi (which is what the side of the tire says) - unless it's a trailer tire on a trailer. Proper tire pressure is not only is critical for tire wear and rim protection, it's especially important for handling. The proper tire size for the rim you have with the correct tire pressure (along with Laser Alignment) will give you the safest, most exciting ride in your Slingshot.

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• NEVER run your tires at max psi (which is what the side of the tire says) - unless it's a trailer tire on a trailer.

To elaborate on this, be aware that the maximum load listed on the tire is at the maximum pressure listed on the tire, and it decreases proportionally as the pressure decreases. So a tire inflated to 80% has a max load of 80% of what is listed. This is my target pressure for light trucks and medium duty trailers, although I run my E rated dump trailer tires at 90% of max since I tend to overload it (who'd have thunk?) I also run 90% on my F250 when hauling my 3,500+ lb camper and towing a quad trailer. The key is to buy the correct tire for your usage so you don't run at max pressure.

Disclaimer: No one ever told me this is correct. It's just what I do. Abuse your own equipment at your own risk.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)