• Going to need a rear tire pretty soon. What do you guys recommend to replace the Kenda 305/30R20 factory tire? I'm running Falkens on the front. I have 3900 miles on the back tire and It's getting thin. I'd like something that will last a little longer. Thanks.

• Going to need a rear tire pretty soon. What do you guys recommend to replace the Kenda 305/30R20 factory tire? I'm running Falkens on the front. I have 3900 miles on the back tire and It's getting thin. I'd like something that will last a little longer. Thanks.

I replaced mine with the NITTO 555G2.. I have about 4 k on the Nitto and it still looks like new. It handles well (although some say it looses traction in cold weather) and I have driven it from 38 degrees in the mountains to 106 degrees in the desert....

I am sure you will get a bunch of recommendations but I personally like a tire that is symmetrical... again... just my preference.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I had the Nitto 555G2 on my rear. Definitely a hot weather tire - and scary as shxx in wet conditions. I've gone to the Toyo ST3 now. MUCH better at normal driving than the Nitto. Officially, it's a "Sport Truck" (think performance SUV) tire but I've been happy with it. And it's symmetrical too.

Wow I've been running lexani twenties for several years. Got 21k on the rear now and almost to center wear bars and I'm boosted!

As you already know, no matter how you ride, you will always go through several rear tires before you wear out the front ones. Otherwise, what type of tire are you looking for? A summer tire, (good for down to around 50 degrees F.), or an all-season tire,( if you ride where temps fall below 50 degrees F?) Wet or dry traction? Are you OK with an asymmetrical tire on the rear? Currently we are really liking our Yokohama YK740 GTX tires all the way around for our all-season riding, including superior traction in the rain, quiet, with excellent ride qualities. We had BFGoodrich G-Force Comp 2 A/S tires previously, which were also excellent tires, but somewhat short in life.

Bill

• I have been very happy with my NITTO 555G2 - - in our warm to damn hot desert weather it has served me well and has lasted longer than either the NITTO Motive or Kinda that I had on the rear before - - I also like that its not an expensive tire, I just dont see much point in going with some extremely high buck tire on the rear of the slingshot knowing that no matter how good it might be it still won't last very long

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have been very happy with my NITTO 555G2 - - in our warm to damn hot desert weather it has served me well and has lasted longer than either the NITTO Motive or Kinda that I had on the rear before - - I also like that its not an expensive tire, I just dont see much point in going with some extremely high buck tire on the rear of the slingshot knowing that no matter how good it might be it still won't last very long

The extreme heat must be eating up the tires. My lexanis last a long time. Over 20k on the rear and over 40k on the fronts. Couldn't imagine changing out tires with less than 10k on them.

Agree. I think the Nitto 555G2s are definitely a great hot-weather tire. I could tell a difference when it got warm (above 80 degrees) or I was really pushing the tires, heating them up. But the offset for the cold (below 80 degrees) weather and especially wet conditions made me choose to go to something else.

• It really all depends on what you’re looking for. My personal favorite street tire right now is the Falken Azenis RT660. It’s sticky and affordable and wears pretty good. It’s the go to tire right now for auto x and road course but I run them on my sling and daily driver car. They can be hard to find since it’s a popular tire so another option would be the Falken Azenis RT615K+. A nearly identical tire but it wears better. The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is another great option. The Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Is also a great tire. It has solid grip and also does great in wet conditions.

If you’re looking for tons of grip the Toyo R888R is a great choice but has bad wet traction. Another one you may want to check out is the Bridgestone RE-71R. They’re not as sticky as the R888R but it’s close and lasts a lot longer. Some other sticky options would be the M&H Racemaster, Micky Thompson ET Street SS, ET Street R, or the Nitto NT05. The Nitto is really sticky but you have to get it hot. When it is cold its pretty terrible. The Micky Thompson does not require a lot of heat to get sticky. The racemasters are my current favorite but M&H said they are out of stock until Nov of this year and you have to buy 2 at a time. The M&H, MT, and Nitto I mentioned are drag radials and do wear pretty fast and are not good in wet weather.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Edited once, last by Kyle D ().