Rear tire wear pattern

• In the beginning of riding season I did a 30,000 oil change and changed the back tire.....I’m approaching 35,000 and the back tire needs changed again..... the tire is worn down more on the right side than the left. I have been noticing whenever I make sharp right hand turns giving it the gas the rear end seems to slide almost feels like the tire side wall is collapsing some....makes me back off the gas.....I don’t really notice it when turning left.
    so oil change ...and rear tire change.... 5000 miles per tire..

• Replaced the OEM Kendas at 14,000 miles with BF Goodrich g-Force™ COMP-2™ A/S tires seeking better wet traction after our lil do-si-do down the Interstate. At 26,000 miles we replaced the front tires hoping for less road noise, which we did get by installing Yokohama YK740 GTX tires. Even though they are quieter, the biggest bonus was even with the OEM shocks, the ride was noticeably improved. Wet traction appears to be slightly better than even the BF Goodrich tires. We're currently at 32,000 miles now and the rear BF Goodrich tire is getting to needing replacing where Yokohama does not manufacture the front matching YK740 tire in 255/35R20, so we will either have to stay with the BF Goodrich COMP-2™ A/S, install a 245/40R20 YK740, or go with a different tire altogether.

Anyways, our rear tires appear to be lasting around 16,000 miles, where we are only mildly abusive of it, and we have yet to come close to wearing out a set of front tires.

Bill

• no burning rubber, maybe slightly aggressive driving.

of the people with high mileage on the tires....did you have a 3 wheel alignment done? I’m wondering if my back tire is scrubbing off...from being on a bias...

Yes had 3 wheel lazer alignment done first season. Hit allot of potholes since then but still goes down the road straight with no hands on wheel. So I assume it's still in alignment amazingly.