Driving shoes

• Just curious if any of my friends here use and/or recommend any particular driving shoe. Normally I just wear a boat shoe style slip on. pretty much wear them for everything, but was thinking that something designed more for driving might be better.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I wear a 'cowboy' style low cut dress boot...

with a heel? like a normal cowboy boot?

• actually I was thinking something like these Puma driving shoes - thin rounded soles wont catch and they look very light - - but not having any experience - - this why the post

• Never been comfortable in any of those type of shoe. Give me a 'heavy leather' shoe/boot.

Around here with our heat boots can get very uncomfortable very fast - I like something light that breaths - - my normal attire even when I was working is shorts a T-shirt and some slip on boat shoes like these - - - had some nice cowboy boots back when I first moved here in the 80's, but they ended up sitting in the back of the closet until I finally gave them to good friend who would actually be able to use them

oh - I do have a pair of hiking boots though, but those are literally only for hiking :)

• I have found that these are very good, but run a little narrow.

https://piloti.com/collections/mens-driving-shoes?page=2

nice - and good to know they run narrow - - - very hesitant to order online for this reason. If I can use my amazon account I dont have to worry about returns, but with other sites it can be a real problem.

• If we're heading towards the mountains on go the hiking boots. To the beach the waterproof boots. General highway or around town maybe just a pair of slip ons. Going to work my dress shoes. Just a quickie trip over to get some fuel maybe just my slippers. What's in common with everything above? It's typically all about the alternate activity where the Grasshopper is just the means for getting us there, I honestly have never really thought of getting a pair of shoes just for riding?

Bill

• If we're heading towards the mountains on go the hiking boots. To the beach the waterproof boots. General highway or around town maybe just a pair of slip ons. Going to work my dress shoes. Just a quickie trip over to get some fuel maybe just my slippers. What's in common with everything above? It's typically all about the alternate activity where the Grasshopper is just the means for getting us there, I honestly have never really thought of getting a pair of shoes just for riding?

Bill

Well, for me I was thinking that having shoes that were all about the driving might actually enhance the experience - - been using my Slingshot as my daily driver for over 5 years now where it was almost always about the alternate activity as you say, but now that I am retired I would rather ride just for the ride. When I think about it I know people with running shoes, walking shoes, basketball shoes which are all things they like to do, so why not driving shoes for me??? who knows, I got the short shifter and a nicer steering wheel to enhance what my hands are doing perhaps the right shoes can enhance what my feet are doing 8o

• Been doing the Cowboy boots, pointy toes and heels. The pair I wear are probably 30 years old and have been resoled 6 or 8 times. The most comfortable shoe/boot that I have ever had on. I have tried wearing the stuff they wear today. Never could find a pair that I could wear.

• Been doing the Cowboy boots, pointy toes and heels. The pair I wear are probably 30 years old and have been resoled 6 or 8 times. The most comfortable shoe/boot that I have ever had on. I have tried wearing the stuff they wear today. Never could find a pair that I could wear.

Are you looking for 100,000 miles on them as well as SS#2?

How you doing in the heat?

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I like to wear my Crocs, but only on Sundays,...................... ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................because they are holey.:S

Weak people revenge.:evil:

Strong people forgive.:saint:

Intelligent people ignore.:P

Albert Einstein

• I like to wear my Crocs, but only on Sundays,...................... ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................because they are holey.:S

Now that's a Dad joke...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)