4 Wheel Conversion

• ZZPerformance should be announcing their 4-wheel kit soon. I'm waiting for info so I can evaluate the differences between the DDM and Allthingsslingshot offerings and ZZP's new kit. The DDM and Allthingsslingshot kits are based on the 324 4-wheel kit from DFKitCars here in Texas with each company offering their own coilover choices, but I have heard the Allthingsslingshot V2 kit may now be produced in Canada and reportedly has some minor differences such as sealed tubing vs the open-end tubing on the original 324 kits. Allthingsslinghsot also offers the Slingshot tow-dolly for towing 3-wheel Slingshots.

The 2 main reasons I'm considering the 4-wheel conversion with a limited-slip differential is to better handle boosted power levels and I have become frustrated with trying to get my drive-belt to track properly since replacing the angle drive. Seems no matter how I adjust the belt alignment, the darned belt keeps shifting all the way to the right on the rear pulley, making noise. I'm going out shortly to try to adjust the belt again. I've lost count of how many times I've tried to get the belt to track properly. I never had to do anything to the belt prior to replacing my old angle drive which had started making noise after I inadvertently didn't add enough lube after a lube drain and refill.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• Bullet Speed also has an interesting quad conversion - It cost a good deal more, but it has some very nice features. If you are not familiar with it you can check it out here - Bullet Speed & Design 4 wheel conversion kit

Way out of my league financially, but I love the inboard brakes and the way the suspension is setup

If I ever did fall into enough discretionary cash for a quad conversion I can say the DDM kit would have to be high on the list of options if for no other reason than their customer service, but then again ZZP would also be right up there for the same reason - - - - probably would come down to which person I could bribe to come out to Palm Springs stay in a 2 bedroom suite down town and install it here at my home - - - - - :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• [quote='Edward Neal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10742-4-wheel-conversion/&postID=371348#post371348']

Bullet Speed also has an interesting quad conversion - It cost a good deal more, but it has some very nice features. If you are not familiar with it you can check it out here - Bullet Speed & Design 4 wheel conversion kit

Way out of my league financially, but I love the inboard brakes and the way the suspension is setup

If I ever did fall into enough discretionary cash for a quad conversion I can say the DDM kit would have to be high on the list of options if for no other reason than their customer service, but then again ZZP would also be right up there for the same reason - - - - probably would come down to which person I could bribe to come out to Palm Springs stay in a 2 bedroom suite down town and install it here at my home - - - - - :/

[/quote]

I lived in LA for 8 years and visited Palm Springs a couple times a year. I love Palm Springs. Especially October through April. 😉 #michiganisabaronarcticwasteland

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• @VV11B40 I am with you on that. I bought a Slingshot because of it's unique look. If I had wanted a go cart I would have bought one. Don't get me wrong the quad looks cool in it's own way but it is not longer a true Slingshot.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I don't see the attraction. Obviously people are always looking for something different. How many of these conversations are done by true touring owners? Or is this mostly for show?

kev drives his all over the country driving in from Canada. There were also several at Maggie Valley that traveled long distances to get there. The one thing I really like about this market is that there are so many directions you can go in for modifications and for people to make them their own and do what they want and what they think looks good or do it up in a theme they like. For me it was a performance mod. I've accomplished everything I set out to accomplish on 3 wheels so for me making a quad kit was just further evolution of my build.

• never stop modding lol. my wife hates that lol. its the little things. my wife will go in the house, come back out and there is something new. shake her head and go to the door and there is a delivery for something new for the sling lmao.

• I don't see the attraction. Obviously people are always looking for something different. How many of these conversations are done by true touring owners? Or is this mostly for show?

I suspect its done by the same people who would love an Arial Atom as a way to get something similar at a much lower cost. A open cockpit race car that will out handle sports cars costing 6 figures and more at a fraction of the cost.

Heck even as mine sits, NA and with three wheels, that's what drew me to the slingshot a vehicle with the handling and power to weight ratio better than some Porsches that I could own and enjoy for a fraction of the cost. - using as a touring machine never even crossed my mind. My wife wont even ride in it except on rare occasion she hates the sun!. Our "touring" vehicle is a Volvo

I think its one of the things that makes the slingshot so very special is its appeal to so many different types of people who want to make it into so many different things. at one end of the spectrum You have people who want to cover it with lights and install a huge sound system and then go hang out downtown to show off their creation and then at the other end you have those who want to build it into the highest performance race machine they possibly can and then tear up the twisties and enjoy track days. and in between there is the huge spectrum of every different type of drivers who either want to go touring and relax or like me love carving up a nice mountain road on the weekend and then use it as my daily driver during the week

I will admit that when I see a slingshot with lights and speakers hanging all over it - I can't relate to why anyone would want to do that to a Slingshot, and apparently when you see these 4 wheel conversions you can't relate to that either, but that's the beauty of owning a slingshot - it has huge appeal across a large number of people all of which have their own special idea of what it will be to them.

Frankly whenI think about it I am very happy that so many different types of people want to use slingshots as the canvas to build their dream - - if the only people who bought Slingshots were the people who wanted to use it the same way I use mine Polaris would probably not sell enough to keep making them - - and that would suck

• never stop modding lol. my wife hates that lol. its the little things. my wife will go in the house, come back out and there is something new. shake her head and go to the door and there is a delivery for something new for the sling lmao.

My wife does not mind my mods, but its very clear that she doesn't understand it. A few weeks back when she saw my steering wheel sitting in the passenger seat because I had just installed a quick disconnect just like your wife she shook her head and walked back into the house

She knows it makes me happy and as such she's good

• it usually accompanies the question of, "How much did that cost?" lol

Last year I was still working and also collecting my social security and as such had some extra discretionary cash that I was using and setting aside for mods, Since retiring at the beginning of the year what few mods I have done have come out that money. once its gone mods will be few and far between. We have set aside funds in different IRA's from our work retirement plans and that money along with our social security has for the most part already been budgeted for very specific purposes. some for day to day living, a bunch for travel, and some for emergencies - - money has never been something my wife and I have differences over - we plan and budget and neither one of us does anything outside of whats already been planned without first consulting with the other. And we both are always very open to any purchase that will make the other happy so long as we can fit it in.

• That's why the 1st mod to the SS should be a credit card that your spouse doesn't know about . . .

No secrets in my house - - - we are a team

plus secret credit cards was something my ex did - - - one of the reasons why she became an ex

• Last year I was still working and also collecting my social security and as such had some extra discretionary cash that I was using and setting aside for mods, Since retiring at the beginning of the year what few mods I have done have come out that money. once its gone mods will be few and far between. We have set aside funds in different IRA's from our work retirement plans and that money along with our social security has for the most part already been budgeted for very specific purposes. some for day to day living, a bunch for travel, and some for emergencies - - money has never been something my wife and I have differences over - we plan and budget and neither one of us does anything outside of whats already been planned without first consulting with the other. And we both are always very open to any purchase that will make the other happy so long as we can fit it in.

same with us, we discuss everything, especially if it is going to be something 150 or higher. smaller amounts are considered out of pocket and something we manage on our own. so if she wants to go buy shoes then she doesnt have to mention it or consult. same with mods that are 150 or less, if they even exist. wait, do they? lol anyway, like the mesh that i bought and am doing in the fender / mudguards. she doesnt care that i MOD as long as i am not spending a lot.

• kev drives his all over the country driving in from Canada. There were also several at Maggie Valley that traveled long distances to get there. The one thing I really like about this market is that there are so many directions you can go in for modifications and for people to make them their own and do what they want and what they think looks good or do it up in a theme they like. For me it was a performance mod. I've accomplished everything I set out to accomplish on 3 wheels so for me making a quad kit was just further evolution of my build.

My quad kit is a 2015 Z51 vette. It comes with 4 wheels.

• My quad kit is a 2015 Z51 vette. It comes with 4 wheels.

That's kind of a weird flex but ok. You asked "How many of these conversations are done by true touring owners? Or is this mostly for show?" I simply answered your question with the info I had.

• My quad kit is a 2015 Z51 vette. It comes with 4 wheels.

and my touring machine is a 2020 Volvo S60. My Slingshot on the other hand is my street legal go kart 👍

• kev Hey Mr. Adams, Kenny H is still having his issues with your quad kit. I told him we spoke about them in Maggie Valley and you were going to call him. (he's tried unsuccessfully to call you, but has left messages for you) He said he hasn't heard from you yet and would appreciate it. He's really not happy that he's having these issues as it's stated that all the Polaris controls work normal, yet he is having breaking issues, as well as the constant dash lights staying on. I can't add anything more to what I forwarded to you since I wasn't involved with the purchase or installation of the quad kit. I really don't want to lose a friend over this as I had offered to speak to you last week (and I did), yet he's in the same position now as he has been. At least he's been able to modify the brake line fitting so he's not losing break fluid anymore.

Could you please call him so he can enjoy having made this investment on the quad kit vs being questioning his decision of having gone through the time and expense and not have it working as expected. He doesn't use Facebook or the forum any longer, so he's run out of options

Thanks

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE