What do you carry

• @Slunglow as you know, I got it for Christmas. I've ordered and returned 3 red dot sights so far for it. I want to sight the flip up and red dot at the same time, so I haven't shot it yet. It is lighter and less bulky than the Utas and the DP12. You do have to be more deliberate when cycling rounds than with a Remington or Mossberg.

One sight was shotgun specific Redring sight.

Redring

As it was shipping, I realized all the videos and reviews I watch/read were older. There is only one U.S. distributer. I returned it without opening because I became leary of what kind of support I'd get if a problem arose.

A buddy told me to call Trijicon and ask about a military discount. He got one for $120 that way.

I'll give you a proper review when I finally get around to shooting it. ;)

• Sounds good... A buddy of mine has been after me to try out his non-converted Saiga with a drum. Says it's alot cheaper to just convert it but after reading the conversion reviews I'm still sold on the KelTec.

• The Kel Tec is on Gen 3 and I haven't seen a bad Gen 3 review. Gen 1's were hit and miss, failure to feed, extract... The DP12 still suffers from those "quirks". Some of the bullpup conversions are sketchy, some are reliable. That goes for all of them though, not just the shotgun ones. I can understand your hesitation. I've been hesitating on converting my 1022. Those "great" and contradicting, "horrible" reviews have kept that guy stock. :)

• @Slunglow as you know, I got it for Christmas. I've ordered and returned 3 red dot sights so far for it. I want to sight the flip up and red dot at the same time, so I haven't shot it yet. It is lighter and less bulky than the Utas and the DP12. You do have to be more deliberate when cycling rounds than with a Remington or Mossberg.

I've wanted a KSG since they came out, but I can't justify the price point. Maybe someday when I win the lottery. Nice piece, for sure.

Have you seen the laser setup specifically for shotgun? Look at this one from LaserLyte:

Laserlyte CM-15 "Center Mass" Shotgun/Rifle Laser - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog

I think there might be one other company who makes one similar, but my Google-fu is barely functioning at this hour. Seems like an interesting option, though.

Look forward to a full report when you take it out for its first run!

• I'll have to check that laser out. Hey @KayTwo, you must be kicking yourself like I was. That entry price of 375 doesn't sound so bad now. They have improved it though, which makes me happy I waited. Here is a site that has the cheapest prices on it, it's where I got mine. Mine was 699. when I ordered.

Search results for: 'kel tec ksg' | Prepper Gun Shop

They have the best price I've seen on the other bullpup shotguns also. A lot of their other prices can be best. ;)

• Running a Crimson Trace CMR-205 (combination LED flashlight & laser) on my KSG... With a little searching, you can obtain for around $200. Works great! (Can run laser by itself, flashlight by itself or both at same time)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• I'll have to check that laser out. Hey @KayTwo, you must be kicking yourself like I was. That entry price of 375 doesn't sound so bad now. They have improved it though, which makes me happy I waited. Here is a site that has the cheapest prices on it, it's where I got mine. Mine was 699. when I ordered.

Search results for: 'kel tec ksg' | Prepper Gun Shop

They have the best price I've seen on the other bullpup shotguns also. A lot of their other prices can be best. ;)

MSRP might be $375, but when they first came out, you couldn't find one for less than $800. Trust me, I looked. Just supply and demand issues. KelTec isn't a firearms manufacturer, so they don't push out the volume of product that other dedicated manufacturers do. Glad you were able to pick up for $700, sounds about like what I have seen lately.

• @KayTwo You didn't look hard enough. My dealer was willing to do msrp on a pre-order.

This is my new Elio-esque dream rifle(in 308). I have been watching this for a couple years. They say it is "finally coming out first or second quarter of this year". You need a full price deposit though. :(

» MDR

• Finally got to put my hands on the Kimber Micro in 9mm. Carry a SIG P938, so was interested to see the comparison. Think I like the way the SIG feels better, but will have to do a side-by-side comparison to be sure. I mean, mother's day is coming up and nothing says "I love you" more than a Kimber....

• I have a six shooter Bill, top of my photo. I forgot about these low tech ones.

I can't tell from the pic but it looks like your six shooter is a Ruger 22 - same as mine but blued instead of stainless?? They are really accurate and don't break the bank shooting them :thumbsup:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it