What's in your 'go to' Slingshot Cleaning Wash/Clean Kit?

• I really need to stop being sucked into trying new miracle products - - I kept seeing all of these adds for a product called Flowgenix grand finale supposed to be some super waterless cleaner / detailer that is supposed to leave a protective shield that will last 6 months

finally caved and ordered a bottle for $20 - - well it came today and all I can say is "what a joke" - - I guess I wasn't paying attention, so its my own fault, but I was not expecting a tiny little 8oz bottle, Seriously for $20 I was expecting more like a 32oz bottle - but like I said I should have paid more attention - they dont really mention the size of the bottle on the web page link - but if I had zoomed in on the picture it is on the bottle.

Anyway after getting past my initial disappointment I figured I would give it a try - maybe it would be some super product

NO it isn't, went out to my sling and did half the hood with it, and then hit the other half with my regular $8 - 24 oz Lucas Slick mist speed wax - - I will say the Flow stuff did work, but I see nothing special about it and I find that the Lucas has a better shine - this might not be a great test as my slingshot has been polished with my DA and has also has two coats of meguiar's ultimate liquid wax as a sealant base coat so its going to shine even if I just rinse it off, but like I say the Lucas does look better to me - the Flowgenix is certainly NOT the super product they imply it is in their advertisements. nothing special at all!!

I guess it might be possible that this new product might really last a long time, but this is not something I care about in a spray detail product - I would never trust a product like this for lasting protection, that's what the sealant coats of Meguiars are for.

Anyway - just thought I would post this up to save anyone here who has been tempted by Flowgenix from wasting their money - if it was $4 a bottle it might be worth throwing one of these miniature bottles in the glovebox for quick touchups, but for $20 for 8oz - - save your money

Oooo - - just had an idea, might save the bottle and refill it with the Lucas as a travel size

Anyway - - I need this to be a lesson, the Lucas simply works, and despite trying many many other products I have yet to find anything that works better and virtually all of those other produces cost much much more.

oh well - - live and learn ;)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• What's a News Paper? Oh ya something I helped my friend deliver when I was a kid.

I received this in the mail last month. Not sure what it is or what's inside but I get a new one every year and it gets smaller and smaller. It makes it easier when I swap them out and put them in the recycle bin.

• My neighbor actually uses stiffer dusters, and they work great! He wipes down after every ride. I've ordered mine, which ships in June. Any cleaning tricks for a clean freak? I plan on it being my daily driver (weather permitting) and want ti keep it purty. :thumbsup:

• Can someone supply the Cluff Notes version of Pros/Cons if a Ceramic Coating?

A local couple been running a detail shop for over 30 years, never done a SS...

Said they would spend 8-10 hours washing, waxing and detailing all the plastic.

They asked about the graphics, he knew they wouldn't like the buffer, so he would have to do it by hand...

At that point he said they could add a ceramic sealant with a 6 year guarantee...

Thoughts?

• Price? Ceramic is not a care free product. You still have to be careful when wahing so not to introduce swirls. Just had my vette ceramic/graphene coated. Cost 1500 and waiting to see if it was worth it.

• Price? Ceramic is not a care free product. You still have to be careful when wahing so not to introduce swirls. Just had my vette ceramic/graphene coated. Cost 1500 and waiting to see if it was worth it.

My question to me is why? Maybe someone can answer that. IMHO I think it is just another way for someone to get in touch with your money.

• Both my Vanderhall and Slingshot are garaged....So I basically power wash and use leaf blower to dry most..

I do not dry completely as leave little moisture and towel dry rest for final drying..

And once a year I take buffer with light scratch remover / sealant liquid over panels..

For normal day cleaning just take water in spray container and spray and dry..

If you want to make up your own detailer spray for smell..LOL

I dulute clothes deodorize in warm water for that detailer spray you purchase smell..

• My question to me is why? Maybe someone can answer that. IMHO I think it is just another way for someone to get in touch with your money.

With ceramic your not supposed to wax it and supposed to help preserve the finish. I thought I'd try in on my c7 to help me decide if I want to have it done on my c8. Both are black and hard to keep the swirl marks away.

• VV11B40 said the Ceramic Coat be another buck ana quarter...

FunCycle the why is simply because I do not have the time to do. Hours cleaning, or hours that could be spent riding? No brainier...just saying...

Most importantly, I've never been a fan of washing vehicles let alone detailing; and at this stage in life, don't intend on getting good at it. If it will last 6 years, I'll prolly blow the cost in cleaning products during that time.

If it will get to where all it takes is what harleyujoe does, a simple spray off, leaf blower dry, wipe down. Touch up a couple spots, less than half hour Done

That's Why...

FunCycle the why is simply because I do not have the time to do. Hours cleaning, or hours that could be spent riding? No brainier...just saying...

Most importantly, I've never been a fan of washing vehicles let alone detailing; and at this stage in life, don't intend on getting good at it. If it will last 6 years, I'll prolly blow the cost in cleaning products during that time.

If it will get to where all it takes is what harleyujoe does, a simple spray off, leaf blower dry, wipe down. Touch up a couple spots, less than half hour Done

That's Why...

My 2015 has only seen a wash job one time since Feb. of 2015. Of course I have a 26 x 36 play room with heat and air with surround sound. I am always in the playroom except for sleep. My cleaning and detailing is done a little at a time over maybe a week sometimes. Both Sling I and Sling II need a clean up now.

• FunCycle wish I could say the same...I have a 20x40 and it's just not quite large enough...with the SS, golf cart, work benches, equipment and tools crammed in one half.

The other half is the 4x8 pool table, workout equipment and Bar. Stocked Bar I might add!

That's Why...

I can do a "Ice Spray Detailer" in about 15 minutes. Half hour to really get all the nooks and crannies.

• I hate washing vehicles that why they sit out side and hope for a hard rain. The sling sits in what I call the boat shed. 12x28 carport sides enclosed and the street side with a rollup tarp. Other end has to be open because the bass boat has to stick out to make room for the sling. The sling is covered with a layer of dust with cat tracks. She is a 2020R that hasn't reached her first mileage service. As soon as they get my knees replaced I will drive her through a car wash.

If the music is to loud you are to old.