Small review of the Slingshot tow dolly

• Review for the tow dolly from https://allthingsslingshot.com…dy-kits-com-tow-dolly-kit

I used the tow dolly for the first time and pulled my Slingshot for 640 miles without any issues, once in a while I was doing 90 mph ( not recommended) but I forgot that I was towing anything.

Speed bumps are NOT YOU FRIEND 🙂

Loading of the Slingshot was straight forward. I used the supplied tie down straps and the additional security strap.

I also mounted wireless towing lights and installed them (see pictures).
    I had an issue with the wireless towing lights the transmitter interference disabled my car fob (frequency) to overcome this I started the car and then plugged the transmitter in and it worked (had to repeat after every stop) this had nothing to do with the supplied parts I made the decision to go wireless.

i also used bungee cords to keep the wheels straight.

Assembly of the dolly is straight forward , make sure you have the proper torque wrench and settings.

Purchase the correct wheels with the proper tires.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I towed my sling with my dolly for the first time back in Oct. drove from Ont Canada to Daytona. Same thing I noticed was the speedo hitting 90 sometimes forgetting the sling was there 😳 only issue I had was I caught some stones on the slings mirrors. Ugggg. I pulled with a Dodge dually and the extra width is what I contributed that with. I have to make covers for the mirrors for the next trip. Really easy to load and unload. Backing up is another story 🤣

• I towed my sling with my dolly for the first time back in Oct. drove from Ont Canada to Daytona. Same thing I noticed was the speedo hitting 90 sometimes forgetting the sling was there 😳 only issue I had was I caught some stones on the slings mirrors. Ugggg. I pulled with a Dodge dually and the extra width is what I contributed that with. I have to make covers for the mirrors for the next trip. Really easy to load and unload. Backing up is another story 🤣

you are correct, backing up is next to impossible :thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Has anyone towed their SS on one of these dolly's with a solid roof? I know you have the canvas room mytoy . I have the TD Gull Wing and would be concerned about the air flow going under the roof and then attempting to "lift" the SS or at least force the gull-wings open (thus possibly losing a GW). Thoughts on that?

• Has anyone towed their SS on one of these dolly's with a solid roof? I know you have the canvas room mytoy . I have the TD Gull Wing and would be concerned about the air flow going under the roof and then attempting to "lift" the SS or at least force the gull-wings open (thus possibly losing a GW). Thoughts on that?

my roof is solid stainless steel

• are you offering for the next time lol 😂

Absolutely! Of course, I'm on the left coast and you're on the right coast so I'll need some notice. I do have two trips coming up to your area soon. As soon as my buddy closes the sale on his property we are driving to Knoxville, TN to buy a car trailer then Dayton, TN to pick up a car he bought so if you want to back your Sling up on March 10, say between noon and 3pm I could help out. Then the wife and I are flying out to Nashville the 1st week of April and driving to Ashville, Great Smokey Mountains, Maggie Valley, etc. We have to go on her spring break so I can't time it for SSITS but oh well. She may retire early in a couple years then we'll be footloose and fancy free!

Seriously, it seems that backing the dolly could be simplified by having someone steer the Sling in the desired/required direction. :cowboy_hat_face:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Absolutely! Of course, I'm on the left coast and you're on the right coast so I'll need some notice. I do have two trips coming up to your area soon. As soon as my buddy closes the sale on his property we are driving to Knoxville, TN to buy a car trailer then Dayton, TN to pick up a car he bought so if you want to back your Sling up on March 10, say between noon and 3pm I could help out. Then the wife and I are flying out to Nashville the 1st week of April and driving to Ashville, Great Smokey Mountains, Maggie Valley, etc. We have to go on her spring break so I can't time it for SSITS but oh well. She may retire early in a couple years then we'll be footloose and fancy free!

Seriously, it seems that backing the dolly could be simplified by having someone steer the Sling in the desired/required direction. :cowboy_hat_face:

well we just moved to Maggie Valley

• I bought my tow dolly several years ago, but we still haven't gotten a chance to use it. Hope fully later this year. I may just remove the canvas top and reattach when we get to our destination. Or I might try to rig some sort of half-cover to cover my TD Top and the cockpit area.

More on how I got my tow dolly - When it was ready, I contacted Kevin at AllThingsSlingshot and told him when to expect us. My Wife and I turned the trip into a mini vacation and I stopped along the way to buy a set of Base wheels before entering Canada to pick up the tow dolly from Kevin. On the way back we hit a stained glass factory in Kokomo, IN, so my Wife could stock up on supplies. We drove thru New Madrid, MO, the site of the big quake back in the 1800s before finishing the drive back home. Would have been cheaper to just have shipped the tow dolly, but we had a nice trip.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• Absolutely! Of course, I'm on the left coast and you're on the right coast so I'll need some notice. I do have two trips coming up to your area soon. As soon as my buddy closes the sale on his property we are driving to Knoxville, TN to buy a car trailer then Dayton, TN to pick up a car he bought so if you want to back your Sling up on March 10, say between noon and 3pm I could help out. Then the wife and I are flying out to Nashville the 1st week of April and driving to Ashville, Great Smokey Mountains, Maggie Valley, etc. We have to go on her spring break so I can't time it for SSITS but oh well. She may retire early in a couple years then we'll be footloose and fancy free!

It would be similar to backing up a 'wagon' which is totally different than a trailer. Wagon --- two set of wheels which need to be controlled. Had a farmer friend growing up who was real good backing a wagon but not so good with a trailer.