New Product - 2015-2019 Polaris Slingshot Cold Air Intake

• The DDMWorks Cold Air intake is the best performing cold air intake for the 2015-2019 Polaris Slingshot. With increased throttle response, proven power gains and quality materials, this intake outperforms all of the competition.

Introductory Price of $299 in any color, regularly $349

https://www.ddmworks.com/Polar…e-by-DDMWorks_p_2967.html

The intake works by collecting the cold air coming from the front of the slingshot, then sucking that air through our custom designed, oversized air filter. The included heat shield blocks the hot air from the radiator and the rest of the engine bay, keeping the engine making maximum power. After the air enters through the air filter, it then flows easily through the mandrel bent, lightweight aluminum tube and silicone connectors into our proprietary cast elbow that helps guide the cold air smoothly into the engine. Unlike other intakes that use connectors with sharp bends and turns, our cast elbow allows that air to flow right into the engine. No swirling, no gimmicks, just more power. No expense was spared on the intake, from the silicone connectors, stainless steel hardware, custom designed filter, cast elbow and wire extensions, no other intake comes close.

Like to show off your engine bay?! No worries, we offer you color options also. Pick the custom powdercoat colors you want for the intake tube, cast elbow, and intake box to set your Slingshot apart from the rest. The intake is easy to maintain also, as our free flowing air filter is re-usable and can easily be cleaned and re-oiled for up to 100,000 miles of use! The intake requires no cutting, soldering or permanent modifications either, so in less than an hour you can get the intake installed and be out there riding and showing off your new functional, proven, and beautiful addition to your Slingshot. Get out there and enjoy the ride!

https://www.ddmworks.com/Polar…e-by-DDMWorks_p_2967.html

• I have to say I am very excited about this - - can’t wait until mine arrives :00008674:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Dave@DDMWorks Do you guys have Dyno sheets or data showing the HP gains from this mod on natural aspirated engine? Whether thats 5 hp or 15 hp I think it would be ideal to have actual dyno nunbers at the very least of a stock sling vs modded with the intake etc. There is very little to no evidence of CAI applications increasing power across the band at all on N/A applications unless turbocharged.

• Thank you OrangeSlingFL for bringing up this point where it has become the general understanding, and consensus, over the years that an aftermarket cold air intake alone, installed on a normally aspirated engine, have so far provided little to no added benefit over the stock system?

Bill

• Dave@DDMWorks Do you guys have Dyno sheets or data showing the HP gains from this mod on natural aspirated engine? Whether thats 5 hp or 15 hp I think it would be ideal to have actual dyno nunbers at the very least of a stock sling vs modded with the intake etc. There is very little to no evidence of CAI applications increasing power across the band at all on N/A applications unless turbocharged.

Yeap, I will get that posted in just a little bit, back here building 4 more 4 wheel kits this morning :)

Here ya go -

The initial testing and dyno above was done on a completely stock 15,000 mile 2015 Slingshot (stock exhaust, stock tune and stock intake, no performance modifications at all). I have been working on this intake for quite awhile and there was no way to really gain any power in the lower RPM's, since the stock intake is not much of a restriction in those RPM ranges. What is a restriction on the stock intake and almost everything else out there is the turn the air has to make going into the throttle body, which is why we focused on making that cast elbow. There is no other way to get smooth airflow into the intake manifold with the hood installed and the throttle body mounted to the intake manifold like stock. I lost count of how many hours I played with CFD in CAD to test different designs of the cast elbow to have plenty of clearance with the hood, ease of installation on the engine and best flow into the engine. Then 3D printed off a bunch to get the fitment just right and finally had the casting prototypes made, it was quote the process. In the end, we were happy with how the cast elbow has been working though and the gains are where we thought they would be based on earlier testing, more in the upper RPM range where the stock type setups start to suffer. Nothing huge as far as power gains, but there is about 8-10HP delta in that range at the wheel and the power definitely does not drop off as much.

Hope that answers your questions, let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you.

Dave

• power gains are always welcome, but I am actually hoping more for improvements in throttle response, just a little more snap if you know what I mean - - - it doesn’t take much to make a big difference and this is something that for me has more of an impact in all of my driving than just HP would.

And I just really like how this looks, some people spend large amounts of $$ on mods that are strictly cosmetic and I figure with this I not only get a fantastic looking mod, but I know it also going sound great which I like and like I said if I also get improved throttle response then its a three for one one mod that touches all of the bases

• Dave@DDMWorks any chance you would offer the cast elbow with the relocated throttle body as an upgrade for the supercharger kit?

Yes sir, here ya go, this kit includes the cast elbow, throttle body gasket, throttle body extension harness, stainless hardware and instructions -

https://www.ddmworks.com/Cast-Elbow-Upgrade_p_2971.html

• YEA !!!! :00008674:

Just got the email notification that my DDM CAI has shipped!!!!!!!

• Oh I have fun Sally makes me smile every time I drive her. Love to hit the gas when I leave the stop light but the challenge in a Slingshot to 45 mph with out breaking the rear tire loose. 95% of my driving is in town and I find highway driving at 60 boring. I do think the cold air intake looks cool.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Well Then, you have not had any fun yet! But then again the power band only goes to about 5,200 rpm

Pretty sure DJohnson has a newer sling with the Polaris motor that revs higher than the ecotec - not sure where the power band peaks on one of those