Homecoming 2022 Going To Happen??

• fill those of us in who are in the dark on this?

A couple of years ago we had a Rally at the Polaris Slingshot plant in Huntsville, AL. Had about 300 of 'old farts' who have been around since the early days. That was the first time Polaris ever had a function at one of there plants and with all that has happened in last couple of years I don't think it will happen for a long time to come.

• Yes, that was a blast. I left home and went to Union, S.C. then the three of us road our Slings to Huntsville, I spent the week in Huntsville then left for Murphy, N.C. and spent the night with a friend who also has a Sling. Then left Murphy for Bristol, Vir. where I spend the following week riding around the mountains with 123hotdog. What a great 2 weeks. About 6 weeks later I did it all over again, except this time it was a week in Clarksville, Vir. with a group of my friends from Virgina Beach, followed by another week in Bristol, Vir, with a bunch of my friends from Indiana. I forget how many miles that I put on the Sling that year. There were also 3 or 4 trips to the Maggie area that year also. That was a GREAT YEAR!

• My grand daughter lives in Huntsville so it would be a good trip. Funny thing she didn't even know Polaris had a plant there.

The people that assembled the Polaris Slingshots in Huntsville had no idea what people did with the Slingshots after they left the factory. Polaris at the time did not include the employees in on anything about the Slingshots. This is from the hourly employees and the manager of the Slingshot assembly line. We were giving the employees rides while they were on break and after their shifts. Bobby "@rabtech" invited the manager out for a ride and then let him drive his Slingshot and first thing he did was copy Bobby and started doing donuts.

• I also saw rabtech comping T shirts to any employee that approached him to buy a shirt. Lots of smiles walking away from his booth!

For a fee you could take a tour of the Slingshot assembly line. Very cool to see and learn about. They made you turn in your cell phone before taking the tour as no pics were allowed. Of course I had my super secret lapel camera and was able to grab this footage which I posted up after the event. Posting again for those that weren't there. Keep this on the downlow - I really went out on a limb to get this.

See the source image

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• fill those of us in who are in the dark on this?

Lowpt2001 Homecoming was a Slingshot event held where the Slingshot are made in Alabama back in 2019.Hence the name "Homecoming" your Sling goes back home so to speak.The event had plant tours for a extra fee,see how they build the Slingshot,vendors set up in the parking lot of the plant like they do at Maggie Valley event and of course have a Slingshow in the parking lot of the plant.Here is a video I found of the 2019 event.....

• Yes there were tours for a fee, but all that and more ($4,000) was donated to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. Unlike Maggie Valley and many other events, the vendors were invited to participate and were not charged a fee. It was tough to pull off then and EjFord you're probably right, it may never happen again. There are some who are working towards it, but with today's issues, it could be next to impossible to put all the pieces together.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• We are still working towards another Homecoming…the current challenges have been exasperated by a change in personnel…Not giving up yet though! It may be Homecoming Part Deux 4 years later!!!

• We were there, and so glad we made it! I saw many friends and their Slingshots in the video SC Slinger posted. I even saw my wife and I around 4:10 in the red Sling in the background. While I was there, I talked to DDMWorks and also ZZPerformance about boosting. However, that Slingshot was sold in a few months with 48kish miles to go overseas. I had bought another friend's SS, same year and color with the DDMWorks supercharger in the fall. I enjoyed that reunion so much, good times with great friends!

Really hoping this 2nd reunion can happen! That is a great area, spring or fall would be nice! We will try to be there whenever/wherever it happens should it happen!