DDMworks 3 way adjustable shocks installed this morning.

• heck I even kept the Pedal Commander after I removed it from my slingshot. I guarantee I will never put it back on, but I also won't give it or sell it to anyone because I wouldn't want to feel responsible if it caused a wreck - - Actually it may be the one thing I take off that should go in the trash

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• heck I even kept the Pedal Commander after I removed it from my slingshot. I guarantee I will never put it back on, but I also won't give it or sell it to anyone because I wouldn't want to feel responsible if it caused a wreck - - Actually it may be the one thing I take off that should go in the trash

DAMN! We finally agree on something.

• DAMN! We finally agree on something.

Oh, I am sure there are plenty of other things we would agree on, For example I highly suspect we would be willing to chant "Let's Go Brandon" given the right opportunity and I also suspect we both fully support the Second Amendment - - heck I would bet I could think of pages of things we would agree on - - just because we have bumped heads on one or two minor things does not mean we cant agree on a world of other things

8o

• So I actually got to messing with these this morning. I know this is probably a question for Dave@DDMWorks but figured someone else may know as well before he's available. Install instructions say that the rear shock is shipped at stock height(4") and front are set at 2" for ease of install and need to be adjusted to 4". If I'm measuring correct the rear seems to be set at 3.5". Don't want to be adjusting on anything if I don't need to be. I'll probably take before and after measurements of the actual Slingshot just because but just getting info before I start.

Also, running those nuts up 4" seems to be pretty high up? If I'm measuring right of course.

• So I actually got to messing with these this morning. I know this is probably a question for Dave@DDMWorks but figured someone else may know as well before he's available. Install instructions say that the rear shock is shipped at stock height(4") and front are set at 2" for ease of install and need to be adjusted to 4". If I'm measuring correct the rear seems to be set at 3.5". Don't want to be adjusting on anything if I don't need to be. I'll probably take before and after measurements of the actual Slingshot just because but just getting info before I start.

Also, running those nuts up 4" seems to be pretty high up? If I'm measuring right of course.

I am pretty sure when the instructions say stock height of 4 inches they are referring to the ride height measured from the frame to the ground

• I'll probably take before and after measurements of the actual Slingshot just because but just getting info before I start.

Perfect, you cannot do wrong by doing before and after measurements, just find a convenient spot on your SlingShot and match before and match after, like an edge of a fender measured to the ground................good show! :thumbsup::thumbup:

(you may also want to take a reading before and after of your drive belt tension, I neglected to do this with my rear shock. ) :rolleyes:

Bill

• Perfect, you cannot do wrong by doing before and after measurements, just find a convenient spot on your SlingShot and match before and match after, like an edge of a fender measured to the ground................good show! :thumbsup::thumbup:

(you may also want to take a reading before and after of your drive belt tension, I neglected to do this with my rear shock. ) :rolleyes:

Bill

You talking about just measuring belt to belt with how much slack there is prior to starting?

• The measurements they're taking seem to be of the shock prior to install. Mine just don't seem to be where they said they'd be.

Wow ! I am clearly wrong - - when I installed my JRI's they simply suggested to measure the frame/ride height before and after install

• The measurements they're taking seem to be of the shock prior to install. Mine just don't seem to be where they said they'd be.

the fronts do not ship at the 4” setting because they are very hard to install at that setting. So the fronts get installed and then the ride height of 4” from the bottom of the round portion of the shock to the bottom of the spring is made. The back can be installed at the stock 4” setting.

• Well. Everything is installed and tightened up. Shockingly enough even with the bags the front was more difficult than the back. I did gain a full one inch of height all the way around so I guess I'll have to get back in there and do some further adjusting.

Dave@DDMWorks

When measuring are you measuring to point 1 or point 2 in the pics? Thanks for your response as well as the rest of y'all for pitching in. Wish I would've found the time to do this when it was slightly warmer.

• point 1 to the bottom of the spring.

• Thank you. That's where I set them at. If I'm looking to lower it an inch back to where I started is there a measurement to go by? An inch for an inch or half inch for an inch? I hope that made sense.

If your Slingshot is happy where it is set now you just may want to leave it alone until you get to riding it some. Though I am having a brain fart and trying to recall what happens to the drive belt tension as the SlingShot is raised, won't it get looser? Help somebody??

Bill

• Oh. The belt. I forgot about the belt. When I first got it back down it seemed to have a lot less tension. So I adjusted the rear from the 3.5 to the 4 and it seemed to add tension. I'm guess if I go back to the 3.5 then it might loosen the belt? Hmm... wasn't meant to be this complicated. Maybe I should've just skipped all the measurements and just hoped for a nice ride.

• Yep, 1 is the way I adjusted mine too.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos