How do we keep our SlingShot?

• I am mostly writing this while talking to myself, but would welcome other insights.We purchased the "Grasshopper" while the SlingShot was still in it's infancy. We have gone through all the trials and tribulations nurturing it as it grew. Now I have tip-toed around this topic for a while now, but it is going to become a reality here real soon where we will be retiring back to our childhood home in Montana. The "problem" that this creates is that this will place us nearly 400 miles from the nearest SlingShot dealer in Spokane Washington. That is, as long as they continue to service the SlingShot and do not quit it like so many other dealers have been doing. I am getting older where I have little to no desire, nor the expertise, to tackle any major maintenance that may crop up, especially on a vehicle as unique as the SlingShot, and there will be little to no local expertise to depend upon. The practical thing to do obviously is to just sell the SlingShot before we move, but I am not ready to give it up just yet as there are still places we want to take it. Besides, I am sure that we will be the only SlingShot in the vicinity which can be fun also. So, I guess what I am asking is for folks to think outside of the box a little sharing ideas on how we can keep the SlingShot without it ending up stashed back into the corner of the barn?

Bill

• wjfyfe

Changed the title of the thread from “Keep or sell?” to “How can we keep our SlingShot?”.
  • wjfyfe

Changed the title of the thread from “How can we keep our SlingShot?” to “How do we keep our SlingShot?”.
  • I wouldn't hesitate to keep it.

Parts are available online from everywhere. Any repairs can be done by any skilled mechanic you find in your area, and the motor is a GM product.

The only thing would be another recall. However, I'm thinking we gotta be at the end of all of these on our 15's.

If a recall situation comes up, you can have the Slingshot shipped to a dealer.

All it costs is money!

:00000436:

(Take your chances, and keep on riding Bill!!)

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• You could always just give the Slingshot to me. I've proved to treat one gently and drive them like I had a bowl of goldfish in the passenger seat. Then if you come down to Daytona for Biketoberfest or Bike week, it will be here all clean and full of fuel waiting to see you again. We can ride the streets of Daytona and when you're heading back home, you will know she's been well taken care of. I just hope she doesn't mind sharing a parking spot in the garage next to my Vanderhall. You'd get all of this and it won't cost you a dime

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Bill, try contacting some local Montana mechanics, both bike and car, and ask if they, or anyone they know would take care of your regular 2.4 ecotec service and repair needs. If you can cover your regular maintenance, the only time you'd need a Polaris tech is if you need to access digital wrench or Polaris specific parts, but the parts can actually be purchased online as well. If/when that comes up, make your decision to keep or sell at that time.

Or you could go with Funinthesun 's plan but give it to me since I'm MUCH closer.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Keep it!

The last thing that entered your mind, if it did, when you bought it was being practical. Practical has its place but this ain’t it!

Don’t be practical now!

Keep it , enjoy it, ride it!

If you sell it you won’t EVER ride it - if it breaks, you can’t ride it, for a time but you can still fix it. Then you can ride it again. 🙂

See how simple this is! 😎

Your welcome!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎