Dead battery, error code. What a day.

• Sorry, I should have clarified that - I have a battery tender. Two, actually. The one you pictured, leftover from my motorcycle that had the pigtail permanently attached to the battery, as well as a universal charger that can do 6v as well as 12v with adjustable amp settings (it can do anywhere from a motorcycle battery all the way up to a marine battery.) I meant I need to find a jump starter. I have a Noco Boost Plus that I carry around in my car, which worked fine to jump the Slingshot but I had to clamp it directly to the battery terminals. I was hoping I could find one that I can just plug into the quick connect hanging out the back so if this ever happens again I don't have to get down on the ground and remove the panel. I did have a set of jump start ports on my list of things to add at some point, but I might as well use the pigtail the dealer put on it. Every jump starter I looked at so far has a proprietary connector that goes to a set of clamps, which is starting to make me think maybe I am not supposed to do that. (Like I said, mechanical noob here.)

Glenn

• Good news, I went for a short ride, and the Check Engine light went out. The error code message is gone, but was replaced with a message that said, "Put gas in it, moron." At least that one is an easy fix.

(I dunno why it kept saying Check Engine - I popped the hood, yep, the engine is still there...)

Glenn

• Good news, I went for a short ride, and the Check Engine light went out. The error code message is gone, but was replaced with a message that said, "Put gas in it, moron." At least that one is an easy fix.

(I dunno why it kept saying Check Engine - I popped the hood, yep, the engine is still there...)

Glenn

The Slingshot is a lot more FUN when you have a FULL tank of gas!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad things worked the way we HOPED...

• The Slingshot is a lot more FUN when you have a FULL tank of gas!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad things worked the way we HOPED...

Words to live by. Thanks, everyone for the support. Now if only it would stop raining. To quote George Carlin, "If you don't like the weather, MOVE!" To quote New Englanders, "If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes."

Glenn

• Sorry, I should have clarified that - I have a battery tender. Two, actually. The one you pictured, leftover from my motorcycle that had the pigtail permanently attached to the battery, as well as a universal charger that can do 6v as well as 12v with adjustable amp settings (it can do anywhere from a motorcycle battery all the way up to a marine battery.) I meant I need to find a jump starter. I have a Noco Boost Plus that I carry around in my car, which worked fine to jump the Slingshot but I had to clamp it directly to the battery terminals. I was hoping I could find one that I can just plug into the quick connect hanging out the back so if this ever happens again I don't have to get down on the ground and remove the panel. I did have a set of jump start ports on my list of things to add at some point, but I might as well use the pigtail the dealer put on it. Every jump starter I looked at so far has a proprietary connector that goes to a set of clamps, which is starting to make me think maybe I am not supposed to do that. (Like I said, mechanical noob here.)

Glenn

Uh, yeah. Do NOT attempt to jumpstart via the pigtail connector. It’s thin gauge wire & in no way can it handle high starting current.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Gotcha. Was starting to think the same thing - maybe boosters don't use that connection because the wires would melt...

(I know, I sound like an idiot. Well, that might just be because when it comes to automotive stuff, I am an idiot. I fix computers. I deal with low-voltage electronics. Never had the time to properly learn how to maintain my motorcycles, regardless of how many times I said, "Okay, I am going to learn this!" So, I appreciate that you all are being so patient with me.)

Glenn

• my dealer told me they routinely put a tender pigtail on every SS they sell. There is an inherent battery drain issue ....it’s been there... and they recommended I buy a tender....so before I left I bought one.... my 2015 still has the original battery and it sits outside all winter long with the tender connected... if you aren’t going to drive it for a few weeks they Recommemde hooking up the tender...

I mounted a permanent tender socket in the tub near the battery location..

as a side note...a fully charged battery has a longer lifespan...

• [quote='Orangeman','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10129-dead-battery-error-code-what-a-day/&postID=349814#post349814']

I mentioned that to the tech, he said they install them on all Slingshots. Probably makes it a tad easier to trickle charge them over winter storage. Now I just have to find a battery jump booster that has that quick connect plug on it.

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/122898/

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/122902/

https://www.amazon.com/Battery…la-4583863979808438&psc=1

And do yourself a favor, if you don't have an actual battery charger see if you can borrow one from a friend to bring your battery back to a normal charge rather than using your alternator to attempt it. It is healthier for both your battery and alternator.

..... nerd-squared

[/quote]

I tried jumping battery thru tender connection. That tender link has a 7.5v fuse inline, and it kept blowing when trying to jump from car.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.